BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Don't blame Wharton for wanting away from this...he is one of us he knows the club is going nowhere under these cretins , pointless pointing the finger at anyone but the owners if Waggott or even  Broughton were removed they would only be replaced by the same ilk

Selling our best young player In years has given them the funds to hang onto their baby and not face pressure from the fa for being unable to fund the club 

• Like 2

Just now, Bohinen1983 said:

So we've got one senior centre midfielder in Trondstadt.

An inconsistent lightweight loanee in Moran, Ayari, another loanee that couldn't get in Coventry's side and Garrett.. 

Jesus Christ! Absolutely awful. How anyone can look at that be happy is beyond me. Dreadful! Dreadful! Dreadful!

Essentially we own two centre midfielders: Trondstadt and Garrett- one is a very decent player, the other has limited potential. 

How bringing in quality in the middle cannot be an absolute priority is beyond comprehension. I give up. 

Garrett and Tronstad both put in a real shift. We have some hard workes back in Gallagher, JRC and Dolan as well. Think we're allright and can beat most teams on our day, but still stretched and should absolutely look to bring in more.

• Like 2

It’s very possible for Wharton both to be gutted to leave the club he supports and excited to advance his career at the same time sadly those two things go together as becoming a premier league player doesn’t seem feasible at Rovers 

• Like 3

Just now, islander200 said:

Don't blame Wharton for wanting away from this...he is one of us he knows the club is going nowhere under these cretins , pointless pointing the finger at anyone but the owners if Waggott or even  Broughton were removed they would only be replaced by the same ilk

Selling our best young player In years has given them the funds to hang onto their baby and not face pressure from the fa for being unable to fund the club 

The sad thing is he's young enough for this to be all he's ever known.

The great club we once were was before his time. 

Just now, Spankus Munky said:

Him to look gutted and forced out like the narrative some on here would have you believe. The lad is happy as he should be.

He was forced out. Course he's happy at being treated like a king for the day and being set for life, but back when he was being given a shove he wasn't. He was happy here.

I said he was being forced out last season, to shouts of "there won't be a fire sale" or "they won't sell him till he's beefed up a bit."

That turned out well.

• Like 4

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We also know we wont bring in a midfielder. Elliott Jackson hedging his bets but we will have maxed out on loans so we wont pay a fee for anyone. Especially this late. Our strongest position is now our weakest.

Spot on, absolutely desperate for a CM now.

No chance we recall Travis (how dumb does that business look now)

5 minutes ago, booth said:

And a striker, if Ennis goes. We were already light in that department and I'm not sure if McGuire will be match fit as it's still pre-season for him.

I think Ennis has been passed up by Telalovic. Leonard is already ahead of him. 

If we're getting a fee for him that's a blinding bit of business - he's barely played. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Him to look gutted and forced out like the narrative some on here would have you believe. The lad is happy as he should be.

I’m sure it will be bitter sweet for Adam.

I’m also sure that Rovers were encouraging him towards the exit door because of our financial plight.

I do think it’s a good move and the right size of club for him to have a real opportunity of establishing himself in the Premier League.

The big clubs have a habit of gobbling up young players and then spitting them out on loan to the Championship, over and over again.

Good luck to him for the future.

Lets be honest, he’s better off away from our madhouse, which is a very sad thing to have to say.

• Like 3

There will be no hard questioning by our local media over this terrible window and whatever excuse is given will be taken without scrutiny.

It's a never ending nightmare, hopefully this will see the fanbase turn but I'm still seeing plenty of posts on Facebook accepting of the situation.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, booth said:

He was forced out. Course he's happy at being treated like a king for the day and being set for life, but back when he was being given a shove he wasn't. He was happy here.

I said he was being forced out last season, to shouts of "there won't be a fire sale" or "they won't sell him till he's beefed up a bit."

That turned out well.

You understand he had a 5 year contract here right? Players hold all the power, if he didn't want to go... he wouldn't have gone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We also know we wont bring in a midfielder. Elliott Jackson hedging his bets but we will have maxed out on loans so we wont pay a fee for anyone. Especially this late. Our strongest position is now our weakest.

And that's saying something with the keepers we have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Garrett and Tronstad both put in a real shift. We have some hard workes back in Gallagher, JRC and Dolan as well. Think we're allright and can beat most teams on our day, but still stretched and should absolutely look to bring in more.

I don't disagree that they put a shift in, but that can't be the only qualifying criteria for our centre midfielders. Neither have pace. Neither can carry a ball. Neither are particularly creative. If we don't bring in at least two quality centre midfielders I'd not bet against us going down.  Crazy.  

A season in which we've seen: Buckley, Travis, Breo, Wharton and potentially Gallagher walk out the club  and brought in.. Trondstadt (Who I really rate) and a load of lightweight, cheap loans..  you're asking for trouble.  From a midfield of academy graduates that had an affinity with the club and fans in Travis, Bucko and Wharton to a midfield packed with lightweight, non-descript loanees- you're asking for trouble. What a dreadful strategy. 

• Like 2