BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

20 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s fortunate that rotherham,sheff wed and qpr are by some margin the worst teams in the league and we started the season quite well,there is a now massive gap in our midfield where adam is`nt being replaced and i can see us losing more games than winning from now until may

QPR are a much better team than their current position suggests. And they've strengthened significantly this month with a striker from Belgium (proven goalscorer there) and Hayden from Newcastle. Rovers squad is completely ill-equipped for the coming relegation battle.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Centre mid options:

Tronstad - very good imo

JRC -needed elsewhere on the park / gets injured

Garrett - not had a run of games playing deeper. He's got something but I'm not convinced. Would be a massive step down in quality from Wharton. 

Ayari. - little experience /not our player

Buckley - currently injured and hasn't played much all season. Will take a while to get back up to speed.

The lack of cover from tronstad is alarming. 

Shouldn't have shoved Travis out the door. Hard to believe we won't need him before the season's out.

A purely financial decision by the owners who couldn't care less whether we get relegated or not.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Since the change of the structure of the U21s league, I have not been going to games, so I don't know many of the newer youngsters. But I still rate Batty, but he doesn't seem to feature much now. I don't know if that is down to attitude or fitness. He has or at least had, two main attributes, pace and aggression. Two qualities that the first team lack. I have always thought that Batty would fill the left wing-back spot, but the opportunity seems to be passing him bye. 

In truth, Batty hasn't been good this season.  Really needs a loan to help with development.  Duru, Atcheson, Gilsenan and Weston have been the ones to catch the eye this season.   The loan to Harrogate for Bloxham should help him - he's looked decent but needs to play at a higher level than Under-21's.

• Like 2

Seeing Adam in that Palace shirt really stings, more than I thought it would. A player who probably didn't want to leave the club but has been forced to to essentially keep the lights on. I can only hope that he returns to the club at the end of his career to come full circle. One of our own and always will be.

I'm now left full of dread that we will conclude today with a badly negotiated loan deal for McGuire, this unknown Liverpool youngster on loan and no midfielder incomings. Terrible, terrible times. The club is an absolute abomination at this point.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

£22m for a teenager with less than 50 apps in the Championship who isnt a U21 capped player moving to a non European competing team in the Premier League is a decent deal. Whatever happens to the money doesn't change the fact the deal is decent.

Especially if there is a sell-on clause.

• Like 1

Just now, alcd said:

QPR are a much better team than their current position suggests. And they've strengthened significantly this month with a striker from Belgium (proven goalscorer there) and Hayden from Newcastle. Rovers squad is completely ill-equipped for the coming relegation battle.

QPR on paper have got some really good players. Chair, Colback, Armstrong, Cook, Hayden

Just now, alcd said:

i think we`ll probably have enough to finish comfortably bottom half,next year is going to be a nightmare,everyone with any value will be gone,if you were a player here would you really want to stay at rovers going absolutely nowhere

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A ‘good deal’ for the agent, a ‘good deal’ for Adam financially, a ‘good deal’ objectively for a lad not yet 20.

But I’ll repeat how is this a ‘good deal’ for Blackburn Rovers when you yourself know we’ll hardly see a penny?

Ok so by thinking, selling Sam Gallagher for £50m wouldn't be a good deal either I guess?

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s fortunate that rotherham,sheff wed and qpr are by some margin the worst teams in the league and we started the season quite well,there is a now massive gap in our midfield where adam is`nt being replaced and i can see us losing more games than winning from now until may

Out of 18 remaining games can only see 3 wins at most. Defeat by QPR will leave a required total points of at least 45 (a further 4 wins) which, with this decimated squad (particularly in midfield), looks a tall order. 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

ANOTHER loan potentially in too. What a piss take. 

Do they realise we can only have five loan players in the match day squad?

2 minutes ago, alcd said:

I am beginning to believe that relegation might be the best option for Rovers. Maybe even down to the fourth tier, where we have never been in our proud history. Anything would be worthwhile if we could rid the club of the scourge that is the inbred band of idiots in Pune, and their sneaky back-room shysters who have drained the life-blood from this club. 

Just look at the level of froth and fear in these pages - most of us can't even be bothered to get angry anymore, about our criminal treatment by the fit for nothing but a good kicking 'benefactors' (my arse) of the proud tradition of Blackburn Rovers.

If it takes relegation. BRING IT ON... VENKYS OUT!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, G Somerset Rover said:

ANOTHER loan potentially in too. What a piss take. 

Let's be honest, if they could sell everyone and just build a full squad of loans they would.

Yet again we dumb down the squad by padding it with loans with no thought or plan on improving the squad in the longer term. There is no "model", just a complete scam.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think we`ll probably have enough to finish comfortably bottom half,next year is going to be a nightmare,everyone with any value will be gone,if you were a player here would you really want to stay at rovers going absolutely nowhere

That’s an issue nobody has really considered so far. If you were a player, say Sammi or Hyam for instance just how pissed off would you be with the messing around at the club. No wonder you can count the players who are prepared to bust a gut on the fingers of one hand.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Old Codger said:

I am beginning to believe that relegation might be the best option for Rovers. Maybe even down to the fourth tier, where we have never been in our proud history. Anything would be worthwhile if we could rid the club of the scourge that is the inbred band of idiots in Pune, and their sneaky back-room shysters who have drained the life-blood from this club. 

Just look at the level of froth and fear in these pages - most of us can't even be bothered to get angry anymore, about our criminal treatment by the fit for nothing but a good kicking 'benefactors' (my arse) of the proud tradition of Blackburn Rovers.

If it takes relegation. BRING IT ON... VENKYS OUT!

Unfortunately this was exactly what was said in 2016/17, and they never showed the smallest interest in leaving. I genuinely don't think relegation would make any difference insofar as Venky's deciding to stay or go. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, DE. said:

Well, he did basically nothing for us, barely played and whatever fee we get will at best recoup the wages we've paid him over the past few months and any signing on fee for him and his agent on arrival so... pretty shit by my estimate. 

Lots of agents fees to be had in this deal.