BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

11 minutes ago, Ricky said:

And still not a word from Boughton. Surely after all the shit he spouted about putting things in place he should be called to task on this. 

They will probably spend the evening arguing about who carries the can, and then release a statement tomorrow, explaining how the work experience kid has been potted.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

The club can spend the funds on paying JDT and Reijnierse off...

Funds ?

I think part of the reason it's taking so long is they are probably having to find a way to guarantee future payments rather than now. 

1 hour ago, RTM08 said:

Isn't this the exact stunt they played with Brierly(sp)? 

"Sign him, cock up the paperwork, get a pre-contract deal and then watch as they go literally anywhere else)"

It's like they're doing it deliberately to pretend that they're still ambitious. 

That is exactly what they're doing.

You don't have to look at them very hard. Their tactics are as transparent as st Helens glass.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Funds ?

I think part of the reason it's taking so long is they are probably having to find a way to guarantee future payments rather than now. 

I wasn't being serious. 🙂 Waggott can pay himself off.

Someone from the club needs to come out and walk through in painstaking detail how the non send happened.

It sounds like actually pressing send doesn't actually sit with Gregg - instead with CEO and Sylvester.... But Gregg said he wouldn't let it happen again. He should have been micro managing it through.... 

What a total mess.

• Like 2

Just now, G Somerset Rover said:

Not doubting your intel Glen, but it’s a bit odd that this fella is suddenly buggering up on a grand scale when he’s processed hundreds of transfers over the course of his career.

Especially with the spotlight firmly on all of them after last time

• Like 6

• Backroom

Any idea who was feeding The Athletic the story that the transfer had been cancelled mid-flight, Glen, if indeed this was not the case? They're usually spot on with their stories, so it's surprising they'd say this without having a good source.

Understand what you're saying in regards to one person making a mistake, but at the same time if I'm GB I am double-checking everything after last January and not taking anybody at their word. 

• Like 1

Just now, G Somerset Rover said:

Not doubting your intel Glen, but it’s a bit odd that this fella is suddenly buggering up on a grand scale when he’s processed hundreds of transfers over the course of his career.

Mistakes happen, I make them at work, we probably all do,

I've never worked at a football club, and can imagine transfer deadline is manic. This is not new to rovers, we were cocking transfers up when Shaw was here, same secretary.  

Those who know him says he is a stickler for attention to detail, but taking away the 3 deals in the last 18 months, we've had these things happen previously, so obviously not that into the detail

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Any idea who was feeding The Athletic the story that the transfer had been cancelled mid-flight, Glen, if indeed this was not the case? They're usually spot on with their stories, so it's surprising they'd say this without having a good source.

Understand what you're saying in regards to one person making a mistake, but at the same time if I'm GB I am double-checking everything after last January and not taking anybody at their word. 

I ensured I got 4 accounts on this before writing, Libel defamation is serious, 

• Like 2

A lot of people including myself stated days before the transfer window ended that the Wharton money wouldn’t be re invested and there would be some bs or mental reason why we didn’t . And shock horror it happened. This was by design and I will not be convinced otherwise

• Like 5

So, it's uploaded by 9 pm but noticed that it's not been sent at 11.04 pm, just after the window has closed.

Is there no auto confirmation of receipt by the EFL.

Did no one at Rovers check ... Anything

Like look in the sent folder to check it's been sent

WTF were they doing for those missing 2 hour

I worked in banking and business and have some knowledge how systems work.

I do not believe the excuses fallen for.

This next line is not allowed so I'll stop there.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

I would say had it been me, I'd of been ringing EFL To confirm they have everything , but clearly this did not happen

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

So, it's uploaded by 9 pm but noticed that it's not been sent at 11.04 pm, just after the window has closed.

Eating curry. If we’ve learned anything is all rovers staff and possible targets needs to do a 24 hour fucking fast.

edit unless it’s Ennis then he needs to be on a five day a week fast inserted into his contract 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Eating curry

13 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Now the Mcguire case has been heard, I will now share the chain of events confirmed by four different sources who were ALL in the building on Transfer deadline day.

I will also dispel some myths and bollocks which has spun around the net.

GB Spoke with Orlando over a period of a few weeks regarding his interest in Mcguire (DOF Identifies players, his role)

Orlando had cash bids from Sheff Wednesday and GB Indicated that the club would be willing to buy the player for £5-7 Million including add on, however this was not an offer and it would have to go through the correct channels at the club, as it was subject to due diligence, funds and negotiation by those who do the money side (GB Does not negotiate contracts or fees).

The deal being pulled mid flight is complete fabrication, Rovers had not progressed to a formal offer, hence he ended up in Sheffield and not Blackburn. HIs agent negotiated with Orlando to have him in England as there was firm interest from two clubs possibly a third.

Following due diligence, which included using overseas data analysis, the clubs wide scouting network, it was clear that Mcguire had just seven months ago been playing college football, (The equivalent of turning out at pleasington on a Sunday). He was at nearly 23 a late rookie breakout last season in the MLS, Which in all fairness is a not the highest standard.  GB Wanted the player, so the club negotiated a "Try before you buy" offer, instead of spunking millions at a relatively unknown quantity. Orlando was happy with this, so the player headed to Blackburn.

All formalities were done by between 8pm and 9pm and the paperwork uploaded. All Seniors were in the building SW, GB, IC and IS. The club opted to wait to announce the deal and ordered curry in to celebrate what they deemed a successful window.

A sweep was done around the office a number of times with all those involved to ensure everything had been dotted and crossed.

GB and IS Assured everyone this was the case, please note only the secretary can upload to the portal and press send. No one left the office and the deal was announced.

At around 11.04 one of the admin girls who I shall not name, told the CEO That it had not been sent. Of course at this point complete devastation for a very large team at Ewood who had put a lot of effort into transfer deadline day.

Only one person could send this, and everyone else had done their part, that person stated it had gone, to all the senior team and those who play a supporting role. 

Th fault of this lies solely with the secretary. 

The background noise of transfers being cancelled mid-flight just did not happen. Adam Wharton's deal was done Wednesday and had no baring on this fiasco.

The club were hoping time stamps of uploads would get leniency from the EFL, But deep down knew this lad been badly let down and it was never going to end well.

We have huge sticks and bombs to hit certain people, but truth be told this is one person, who has royally fooooooked it up for everyone.

Doesn't change the fact that Waggott has to go. Appreciate the story though, cheers.

'Admin girl told the CEO at 11.04pm'

A little bit too suspicous for me 🙂

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

A lot of people including myself stated days before the transfer window ended that the Wharton money wouldn’t be re invested and there would be some bs or mental reason why we didn’t . And shock horror it happened. This was by design and I will not be convinced otherwise

Id like to believe this, but it just was not the case, it was a loan to buy and they had him holding up the shirt, if sabotage was at play it would still point to one guy, the only one with the login details

• Like 1