BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 5/11/23

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Whether you get the ball or not is irrelevant if the challenge was reckless. Same as Duffys yellow at half time.

Nah, it wasn't reckless, he won the ball cleanly.  And it was nothing like Duffy's challenge. Duffy went straight thru the man with his trailing foot.

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, M_B said:

Cracking result, chuffed for Dolan particularly, and Moran showed why he needs to stay in the team. 

Don't want to tempt fate here, but Ched Evans must be licking his lips at anything in the air on Friday night, he will just take the lot. 

Absolutely critical our possession game is on song against Preston, we can't afford to give them cheap possession in dangerous areas. At all costs, we need to stop the crosses. 

Me too, really vouching for him, roll on a hatrick of backflips against them ankle biters.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Fantastic result. Thought on the whole we played brilliantly across the pitch. Hill, Tronstad, Szmodics all outstanding. Thought Pickering, JRC, Britain, Dolan, Moran all had very good games.  

The two Whartons both really struggled imo. Scott just seems to keep doing daft things, including the madness of the challenge for the red when we were 3-0 up. Adam doesn't do daft things but his passing was really off it today. And thats been a theme for months. I suspect Adam will lose his place again to Travis who was superb when he came on.

On Leo... i hate judging early. But some of the basics really seem to be missing in terms of handling crosses, and while obviously decent with his feet he is repeatedly playing short passes into marked players which is suicidal. He needs to start catching crosses with authority and picking better passes out of the back asap.

Travis hasnt been the best this season, but we need some raw pride and aggression for our opponents on friday, travis fits that bill.

• Like 3

Great win away from home, a third on the bounce and showed a mixture of dangerous counter attacking play then grit to keep them down to few chances. We started both halves brilliantly although had a bad second half to the first half where we became very sloppy and let a side totally bereft of confidence and backing create numerous chances that thankfully they wasted.

Dolan and Szmodics were really good, although the latter is definitely playing in pain as he had some painkillers after his first. Moran was good on the ball but very lazy off it. Hill, Tronstad and Pickering also did really well, Adam Wharton was sloppy at times.

Obviously the elephant in the room is the absolute clown we have in net. He scares the shit out of me and no doubt the rest of the team, its not just the occasional error, its repeated incompetence. He cannot deal with crosses and he also tips cross shots back into play. Incredibly Pears is miles safer than him.

I do worry about Friday not only with him in net but with a lack of defenders too.

• Like 2

Hill must be one of the most impressive loans we’ve ever had. He was my man of the match, I was particularly impressed with his dominance in the air today.

Wahlstedt looks poor. His punches are often weak and when he comes out to claim the high ball it’s only 50:50. He’s a decent shot stopper and quick to gather or clear dangerous long punts too. He may come good; he arrived with a reputation but he seems low on confidence. What few people seem to mention though, is how much panic he seems to have re-introduced to our “pass it round at the back” play. He’s passing to guys in tight situations….and with players like Scottie at the back, it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

To finish on a positive note…..I enjoyed the backs to the wall performance around our box after the sending off. It was nail-biting even though we had a good lead!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Dontfuckwithcats said:

Travis hasnt been the best this season, but we need some raw pride and aggression for our opponents on friday, travis fits that bill.

I wouldn't change anything unless we need to, there was only one team in it till the sending off. I've seen people say the rot had set in well before the red card but we got our third five minutes before that.

• Like 1

Just now, booth said:

I wouldn't change anything unless we need to, there was only one team in it till the sending off. I've seen people say the rot had set in well before the red card but we got our third five minutes before that.

Haha, I'm sure some people don't even watch the matches but comment anyway. We were completely outplaying them. If it hadn't been for the sending off we'd have absolutely mullered them. 

• Like 6

Good too see that whatever Dolan's mental health issues where, he seems to be coming out the other side.

Thought he was excellent today, well taken goal, causing their defence all sorts of problems, and finally dropping back after the sending off and giving Travis assistance at right back. All over the pitch today

• Like 8

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Good too see that whatever Dolan's mental health issues where, he seems to be coming out the other side.

Thought he was excellent today, well taken goal, causing their defence all sorts of problems, and finally dropping back after the sending off and giving Travis assistance at right back. All over the pitch today

He was fantastic. Like a few in that team he's a confidence player. He's been good now for the last 3 or 4 games. 

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Norwich City (a) - 5/11/23

Norwich are poor but that was an excellent performance from Rovers.

Great to see Dolan back to his lively best and Sammy as predicted last year fast becoming a goalscoring talisman.  Defence excellent not as many self inflicted hairy moments as usual.

Continue to worry about Scott Wharton the sending off seemed a bit harsh but he was done a time or two today. Leo is an odd one and a bit of a Raya situation developing again imo. Looks a good keeper in everything but balls coming across him either low or high where he flaps at them all.

Hopefully something that can be ironed out.

Tronsdat and Hill are mustard but Norwich need to go back to being sponsored by Colemans !

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Carter supposedly out for 2-3 weeks. Doubt he's back on Friday. Maybe get a couple back after the break

Don't know what the issue was with JRC, hopefully not too bad

“The Blackburn Rovers defender was substituted in the second half and he was replaced by Scott Wharton. Carter is unable to play against Norwich City on Sunday after picking up a fifth yellow card in the Championship against Swansea City, triggering a one-match ban.

That gives the 24-year-old 10 days to recover from any niggle, with Preston North End travelling to Ewood Park on Friday, November 10. Tomasson is hopeful he will be available for that fixture.”

from the LT

Very good win today. Right team picked by JDT. Started the game very well and on the front foot. Dolan and Szmodics goals just shows how good we are at playing the style of play JDT wants to. The players understand it and now playing so effectively. Szmodics's second goal was again good football and movement. Without Wharton's sending off I think we would have the game 4 or 5 nil comfortable. 

I thought Wharton's sending off was harsh cos he did get the ball and I think we will appeal it. 

Hill was a rock at the back again. Good signing by us. Dolan, Pickering and Tronstad also stood out for me. 

Wahlstedt has few dodgy moments but he is still learning and developing here. Plus playing in a new country and different standard of football. He did try to catch the ball more today. Doesn't look comfortable doing it so I would prefer him to punch it if that's what he prefers. 

Up to 10th and onwards and upwards now 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵

• Like 2