BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 5/11/23

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

429 Rovers fans made the trip today and each and every one of those deserved a huge thankyou from Rovers and other Rovers fans. Delighted for them we won. 

Yes me too. They have not heard of motorways in that neck of the woods and it is a terrible journey.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Polky said:

If we’re going down the development route, we should be playing Patrick Gamble on Friday. 

Try and keep the full-backs as Pickering and Brittain and we might have a chance.

Surely Atcheson is next in line? He's made the bench for the last 4 league games. Gamble only for one of those (4 games ago) and the cup game (generally where players further down the pecking order get brought in).

The fact Atcheson didn't come on today when we were down to one recognised CB could be telling though, especially since we were 3 up. Suspect we're more likely to see Pickering come inside and Brittain at LB with JRC at RB, if Hill is our only fit CB against Preston.

9 minutes ago, den said:

I’m quite sure coaches would have been working on Wahlstedt’s handling of crosses for a long time. Probably since he was a young lad.

Exactly, I love how it almost implied like he just started goalkeeping this season. He should have the basics down, can handle the odd clanger and a few shaky moments but I can't believe what has been on show so far. No, I'm not writing him off but I'd absolutely have Pears in ahead of him if both were fit at the moment. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Telalovic hits a hat trick in a 6 -3 defeat for the U21s. Looks like same issues as  cb, 2 midfield players playing there by the look of it

Good job relegations been scrapped this season, 

At least Telalovic notched a hat trick, should help his confidence should he get another chance in the first team. Shocker of a result though, Stoke are no great shakes, looks like they were bottom of the 26 team league before today...now it's us. They shouldn't have been turning us over like that at home. I see they lost 10-1 to Man U back in August. Like you say, good thing for us relegation has been scrapped. Drawing on players for the first team (and having some out on loan) is making it tough for the youngsters...doubt all these pastings are going to help their growth regardless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good win today. Right team picked by JDT. Started the game very well and on the front foot. Dolan and Szmodics goals just shows how good we are at playing the style of play JDT wants to. The players understand it and now playing so effectively. Szmodics's second goal was again good football and movement. Without Wharton's sending off I think we would have the game 4 or 5 nil comfortable. 

I thought Wharton's sending off was harsh cos he did get the ball and I think we will appeal it. 

Hill was a rock at the back again. Good signing by us. Dolan, Pickering and Tronstad also stood out for me. 

Wahlstedt has few dodgy moments but he is still learning and developing here. Plus playing in a new country and different standard of football. He did try to catch the ball more today. Doesn't look comfortable doing it so I would prefer him to punch it if that's what he prefers. 

Up to 10th and onwards and upwards now 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵

The sending off was harsh but that’s modern football unfortunately. Go to ground like that and you’re asking the ref to make a decision. Back in the day if you got the ball like that it wouldn’t have even been a free kick. Things have changed. I’m afraid. 
I can’t see the club appealing to be honest.

Great finish by Dolan for the first goal. Two great finishes from Sami, the second one especially was a lot easier to miss than it was to score.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

On 03/11/2023 at 19:16, Gav said:

Football without fans is nothing, Sunday, 12pm kick off in East Anglia chips away at your love for the game, but on the flip side I'll wager we take an excellent following and I salute every single one of you.

Norwich 1 Rovers 3 (3 Duffy own goals and the Rovers fans come away delighted) 

Boom. 

Made up for the travelling hordes.

• Like 7

"It's a third away win in a short while in the league, so that's really positive for this young team with all the ups and downs."JDT

gotta love this. He uses every opportunity to drop the subtle hint that the owners just did not give him funds to buy experienced players. 

Great work!!

• Like 6

Wahlstedt isn't a 19 or 20-year old learning the pro game. He's 24, at the age when most goalkeepers have progressed to the point where they are confident in their game and their ability.  Wahlstedt looks a bundle of nerves and potential errors to me and at that age should be much better than he is. 

There must be some solid, experienced keepers around the 30 mark who do the basics right playing in the lower leagues that we could sign. Any would be better than our present 2 dodgy incumbents

Preston will have taken note today and I expect them to pile in the crosses at every opportunity when we play them. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 4

A bigger worry than the goalkeeper and Wharton sending off is the potential absence of JRC. With the way we play under Tomasson he has developed into a key player and we play so much better when he's in the team and on form. Fingers crossed his injury isn't serious but the way he limped down the tunnel didn't look good 

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Exactly, I love how it almost implied like he just started goalkeeping this season. He should have the basics down, can handle the odd clanger and a few shaky moments but I can't believe what has been on show so far. No, I'm not writing him off but I'd absolutely have Pears in ahead of him if both were fit at the moment. 

I wouldn't have Pears in my mid-week 7 a side team. 

• Like 3

I suppose it’s a lucky break that *another* borefest of an international break is nearly here. Gives us 15 days post Friday to get some lads fit.

Worry being post the internationals we’ll be playing a load of fixtures without a break from late November to mid March, add the inevitable January window shambles into the middle of that and another promising season will in all likelihood fizzle out… hugely frustrating for the players, JDT and fans, though the owners and their hired hands won’t be remotely arsed about it.

• Like 1

I was out all day (the Mrs wanted to take the kids out 😢) so missed the whole game. Just saw the result. 

Excellent win and good to see Sammy back in the goals.

Didn't see that Wharton got sent off, what did he do? Could be a problem if we can't get either Hyam or Carter back fit for the visit of Preston.

Just now, davulsukur said:

I was out all day (the Mrs wanted to take the kids out 😢) so missed the whole game. Just saw the result. 

Excellent win and good to see Sammy back in the goals.

Didn't see that Wharton got sent off, what did he do? Could be a problem if we can't get either Hyam or Carter back fit for the visit of Preston.

got sold a short pass and tackled the norwich centre forward from behind,while he got the ball,you can`t tackle from behind anymore,kind of the foul where it`s sometimes given and sometimes not,depends on the ref

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Surely Atcheson is next in line? He's made the bench for the last 4 league games. Gamble only for one of those (4 games ago) and the cup game (generally where players further down the pecking order get brought in).

The fact Atcheson didn't come on today when we were down to one recognised CB could be telling though, especially since we were 3 up. Suspect we're more likely to see Pickering come inside and Brittain at LB with JRC at RB, if Hill is our only fit CB against Preston.

Yes, I think you’re right 👍🏻