SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

They have been stronger in the tackle all game, we need to show more vigour 

All teams need a nasty hard bastard.

Think L'pool, Souey, United, Roy Kean.

Even Ipswich have Morsy!

We lack that nasty, mean streak and teams know it and bully us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The last away game I took my Dad to was a defeat at Oldham in the 80s.

I remember his exact words "we were shit but what a fecking dump"

If you thought it was a dump then, you should see it now.

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Perhaps because in the 80s and early 90s Rovers/Oldham was often the only local-ish derby (along with City) as the likes of Bolton/Burnley/PNE/Blackpool were languishing in the third and fourth divisions.

Fair enough.  Slightly before my time.

• Like 1

Just now, duckson said:

Dont know how PNE are 1-0 up tbh.

Absolutely do not deserve to be, criminal attempt at a cross from A.Wharton when we were in a great position and it leads to getting hit on the break. Our set pieces not only don't provide us with opportunities to score they are now dangerous for us to conceed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I hope I'm going to double bluff them by saying Sammie, Moran and Siggy have been shite so far. 

Not sure wtf has happened with Siggy.

Seen him holding his groin a couple of times - carrying injury?

• Like 1

We're the better team, we've just been sloppy at times and put ourselves under pressure.

Terrible defending for their goal, that wouldn't have happened if Hill had been RB. 

We've not had much luck again, an inch lower and both Siggy's and Moran's shots go in. 

Not much Leo could do about their goal, it was a good strike. 

One thing noticeable is they are a lot more skilled in the dark arts, which comes from experience. We look wet behind the  ears at times. 

Still plenty of time....about time Ennis earned some money and come on and get a goal. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

• Backroom

Sammie has looked really leggy in this game. He's our fulcrum and you can see how much it hurts our attacking play when he's struggling to make an impact. Doesn't help that Siggy is both carrying a knock and off form as well. Dolan been trying too hard to make things happen without having much of an effect. Moran unlucky hitting the bar, has been trying to make an impact but often let down by poor touches and passes.

Think we've been largely solid in the middle and Tronstad in particular has been doing very well. Wharton has been tidy and made some good passes around the final third. Trav has engineered a lot of our attacking moves and been further forward than you'd assume he would be, but perhaps as a result has been suspect defensively. 

We've struggled to defend whenever Preston have come forward - we were seriously rattled after they scored, but managed to pen them back for the last five minutes or so of the half which helped ease the pressure. With that said Preston haven't looked too threatening other than a couple of early chances and Browne's goal which was taken very well. 

Still think we can come back into this one, but we need to be a lot more clinical. One shot on target out of ten isn't good enough, regardless of how many times we hit the bar. 

Not much on the bench that will realistically change things in any meaningful way, so I think we need to hope Sammie has a revitalised second half alongside Dolan. Judging by Siggy's limping throughout the half I don't know how much longer he'll be on. Moran has the potential to make a difference, but he needs to improve his composure. 

• Like 2

While I think Adam w is good players on the ball when he does not have it  and having to defend his movement is too slow as shown in the goal there scored.  In a higher league  I think he will find it hard work. If we get a very good offer we should sell and reinvest in the team. 

Score should be each  the keeper could of done a bit better by getting a stronger hand to it. We need to have more impact  in the  second half

• Like 2