BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

2 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

There are only about 150 tickets left in the whole of the JW which equates to 10,650 sold in that stand when taking into account the netted off area which surely should be removed today.  I cannot recall it being that full for 15+ years.

Wouldn’t the Oxford and Bournemouth games have had similar figures? Certainly very few other occasions though including local derbies. 

4 hours ago, matt83 said:

I can’t say what percent of the fanbase do and don’t live in the Blackburn with Darwen catchment area or what the radius of it would be. But I had a think about people I know who go to at least 5 home games and out of 20 none live in the immediate area. The closest balderstone/whalley which is still about 10 miles. Mostly in Ribble valley to be fair. A few in manc, West Yorkshire and a few down south. 

Although I appreciate my experience is skewed having never lived in a bb2 postcode. 

I may have mentioned this before, in late 2017, I organised a re-union of Blackburn Rugby Club's u19's teams from 1980-83. I traced 51 lads who'd played for us in that time, through personal contacts, Facebook, Linkedin etc. ..... only 4 ( FOUR ) actually still lived in the Borough of Blackburn and Darwen !! They were spread far and wide, including Italy, Sweden and 2 in France, but by far the most common residence was the Ribble Valley ...

I also do some supply teaching, and have worked at 3 Blackburn & Darwen schools. Speaking to some of the lads there, there were some Rovers fans, but what was noticeable was the support for Liverpool among the Asian heritage students, really because of Mo Salah, who's a Muslim. Food for thought ...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Liverpool and Man Utd have been the clubs of choice with Asian lads long before Mo Salah. Football is very, very popular with the Asian community of Blackburn, just not Blackburn Rovers. That has to change, but it’s going to be a slow road.

We have been on that road since the 1980s, it has made very little difference. 

Fantastic effort and well done to all involved to get a bumper crowd in today. Let’s hope the team don’t let them down. Any sort of win will do 

Talking of support from outside BwD in premier league days we had a substantial support on the Fylde I know a few people from that area who were regulars at Ewood. We also had slot of fans coming in from the Furness/Lakes area. I don’t know whether that’s still the case. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

going to be a couple of thousand walk ons surely,looking  good for the biggest crowd of the season,which screams out,price the game competetively and the fans will come,especially in an area where finances are tight

Scream as much as you like, I doubt if anyone at the club will take a blind bit of notice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

We have been on that road since the 1980s, it has made very little difference. 

Make that 1960s. Plenty of red and white scarves heading off from Blackburn bus/rail station red to Manchester on a Saturday 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Fantastic effort and well done to all involved to get a bumper crowd in today. Let’s hope the team don’t let them down. Any sort of win will do 

Talking of support from outside BwD in premier league days we had a substantial support on the Fylde I know a few people from that area who were regulars at Ewood. We also had slot of fans coming in from the Furness/Lakes area. I don’t know whether that’s still the case. 

There are still a few in the Fylde area. Some are disconnected from the present club.

There was a booming north lancs(Lancaster & morecambe) rovers supporters club in the Prem days, filled a coach most weeks. Still a lot of fans but attendance at games has dwindled due to ownership and ticket prices. That and I suppose lads getting older, habits changing and there being no younger lads to take their place

Edited by Lancaster Rover

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Please don't freeze, every time there is a gate like this in the home sections it tends to lead to a performance that won't bring them straight back !

Oxford aside which was years ago now.

Rovers   3     Hornets   2    in a barn burner.

In reality.......   Rovers   1      Watford  1

18,358      (1,400 away)

We don't do draws!

1 hour ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I may have mentioned this before, in late 2017, I organised a re-union of Blackburn Rugby Club's u19's teams from 1980-83. I traced 51 lads who'd played for us in that time, through personal contacts, Facebook, Linkedin etc. ..... only 4 ( FOUR ) actually still lived in the Borough of Blackburn and Darwen !! They were spread far and wide, including Italy, Sweden and 2 in France, but by far the most common residence was the Ribble Valley ...

I also do some supply teaching, and have worked at 3 Blackburn & Darwen schools. Speaking to some of the lads there, there were some Rovers fans, but what was noticeable was the support for Liverpool among the Asian heritage students, really because of Mo Salah, who's a Muslim. Food for thought ...

I bet you know the late Ted Cooper mate.

• Like 1