BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I knew I'd come back to people slating the GK.

He made 3 excellent saves today - and the 2 goals he's made the initial save from difficult shots and his (tired) defenders have been second to the loose ball. If he was good enough to palm those wide / somehow smother them he'd be playing in the PL. 

Book one page one of goalkeeping is surely don't palm the ball into the centre of your six yard box when making a save, so surely the Leo should be disappointed. Although I agree he was very good for the rest of the game.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Sign players or I walk would be the message from me if I were JDT. 

He will have plenty of takers. 

I dont think given his record im 2023 he will...

I like JDT but his career is sinking with his ship at the moment.

Thought we were tactically very well setup today, new diamond formation and we controlled the game till we tired towards the end. But once you get to 80 mins ahead you have to see it out. Why didnt we batten down the hatches?

• Like 1

Can’t complain about the first 75 minutes, they looked absolutely shattered after that and I thought Hill contributed to us playing deeper and deeper by constantly playing backward when he could play forward. He also had the ball played behind and turned really easily on 2 occasions. Also, played the ball into marked players when they clearly didnt have the energy to turn or nip in front. Largely been impressed by him but thought he was very poor when he came on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

They had a decent bench, we didn't and that's the difference.

Robbed.

I actually reckon Rovers could be onto a good little earner if they offered out the bench places to sponsors.

At least 3 of them every game at the moment are unplayable in the Championship, so why not get someone like Mercer kitted up for a couple of grand a match?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I actually reckon Rovers could be onto a good little earner if they offered out the bench places to sponsors.

At least 3 of them every game at the moment are unplayable in the Championship, so why not get someone like Mercer kitted up for a couple of grand a match?

If he paid a little more would he be allowed to start up front?

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I knew I'd come back to people slating the GK.

He made 3 excellent saves today - and the 2 goals he's made the initial save from difficult shots and his (tired) defenders have been second to the loose ball. If he was good enough to palm those wide / somehow smother them he'd be playing in the PL. 

This is where the inconsistency lies, if Pears makes the same blunders, you're all over it. 

We've gone from Pears being ridiculously blamed for the goals at Rotherham, to your comment above, it's mental honestly. 

Let's have at least a bit of consistency. 

• Like 2

Same old story. Not acceptable to be lose a game you are winning with 10 to go but its predictable. Even when we are 2 or 3 up we struggle. Pitifully small squad due to the owners and no experience allowed.

Wahlstedt has cost us 3 in 2 by spilling shots straight in front of goal. Not good enough. The second was after a weak punch, a goal from one of those was in the post because he regularly flaps at catchable crosses.

Wharton was a class above anyone on the pitch. Ennis is miles off it.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
30 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

To confirm  ….. the owners did not sign some of the poor players we’ve taken on in recent years. That’s down to the managers and directors of football. That’s where equal responsibility lies

Not sure about equal, but certainly some.  But then, if the owners had backed the manager properly, they wouldn’t have to.

It’s not that deep tbf.

26 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

That's because those were the players they could afford....due to the budget...due to the shit owners.

You'll join the dots one day. 

Any schoolboy would tell you it’s not all about money. Back to dot No 1 I’m afraid…

3 minutes ago, jodrell said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned but what was the goal disallowed for?

‘The hosts had chances to double their advantage and were denied a second goal when referee Dean Whitestone ruled that Harry Leonard had fouled Watford keeper Ben Hamer, before Arnor Sigurdsson tapped the ball into the empty net’

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/december/23/disappointed-for-our-fans/

edited to add - I’ve no idea why they’ve written that in the third person 🤷‍♂️

Edited by wilsdenrover

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Ah, fuck 'em. If they leave on 87 minutes when there's still a chance, they don't deserve the effort. A ticket for a tenner. And they want... what? Shearer and Sutton banging in the goals?

What a terrible attitude. You would get along with Waggott and the owners.

51 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Didn’t deserve that to be honest - those berating Leo get a grip - same for those slagging the bench we are decimated by injuries and the bench is testament to our academy 

Almost 18k well done to all

merry Christmas 

Get a grip? He cost us both goals, surely that warrants criticism.

And people are slagging the bench not at the fault of the kids on there but because its not fit for purpose hence why Tomasson never brings most of them on. They are making up the numbers.

• Like 2

Wahlstedt was at fault for the two goals, I felt, but I don't think there's a need to beat him down excessively like this. Why do Rovers "supporters" feel hell-bent on doing this to our younger players? My heart sinks when people, particularly one or two of the more seasoned posters, one of which has dismissed Leonard as "like playing with 10 men", as heart-sinking stuff. I don't think there is anybody in the coaching or playing staff who isn't trying their best to shift us up the league.

• Like 5

• Backroom
45 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I can’t think of a single season where the goalkeepers have directly cost us so many points. 

Probably the season where we had Kean and Eastwood in nets, pretty much guaranteed a catastrophic mistake every game. Fair to say this hasn't been our finest season in terms of goalkeeping mind. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What a terrible attitude. You would get along with Waggott and the owners.

It's not an attitude. It's an opinion. And I stand by it. That performance was blood and guts, particularly when we're running on empty, but it seems many supporters can't be arsed and leave when we're a goal behind still with eight minutes to play. I'd say that's a terrible attitude, and the noble efforts of the Trust and the takeover is just shat on by those who simply can't be bothered giving back because they've paid their tenner and, frankly, just aren't that bothered unless we're winning. Twas ever thus, I suppose.

• Like 2