BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/12/23

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

The worst being when he waived advantage at mid field we didn’t get it then somehow forgot he was playing advantage 

When he finally gave us a free kick and the crowd all cheered, the linesman on the JW side was laughing his head off as he ran back to the half way line. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rovers11 said:

That was very nervy, we never do it the easy way.

Trondstad is a fantastic player. 8/10 every game and barely puts a foot wrong.

Leo had an excellent game too. By far his best in a Rovers shirt.

Do feel we lack a presence up top. Ennis was OK in the first half but you can see his fitness levels are poor. Leonard was anonymous when he came on..

Didn't see him live in the ground tonight due to monflu but the bits iv'e seen of Ennis he offers nothing more than Dack did.

Doesn't look any fitter despite being younger, has glimpses of quality and will get the odd goal from cameos. Basically though it's just like swapping one bit part fragile player for a lesser one who is probably 10k a week cheaper.

We haven't moved forward at all with this one.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Sorry possibly unpopular opinion, but think your missing out on some of the best football and games in years... the club is what it is, if you take everything away, we are a championship club and have been just shy of the play offs for the last 3yrs.. 

Personally would say don't let the bitterness of Venkys and thoughts on 'how things used to be' waste available days and times of your life.. just let it go if you can..

Sorry of this sounds condescending its not intended that way 

The thing is, the benchmark for those years is so low.

Tomasson is doing really well but you could argue that our club at the moment typifies the issues. We have a good manager and retain the shoots of a very promising academy and we have a small squad of players who clearly give their all with some talent in there too.

But equally, we are still being strangled by those same owners. The talented manager and core of young players is not being given the help it needs to have a genuine shot at promotion. We have that leg up from the academy but due to aggressive budget slashing, they dont have the help and guidance they need from a bigger squad and more experience. It feels like we will never go past being "just shy." 

I have never allowed my hate of Venkys stop me from attending but equally I can understand why people have become so disenchanted.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Didn't see him live in the ground tonight due to monflu but the bits iv'e seen of Ennis he offers nothing more than Dack did.

Doesn't look any fitter despite being younger, has glimpses of quality and will get the odd goal from cameos. Basically though it's just like swapping one bit part fragile player for a lesser one who is probably 10k a week cheaper.

I think he was intended to replace Vale - then the rug was pulled from under Broughton / JDT and he suddenly became the marquee ST signing.

Nah i think it's obvious there would always have been a signing like Tele to replace Vale.

There was no money to spend anyway so as GB said there wasn't a massive sea change in their targets. Ennis on a 4 year deal was clearly to replace Dack in the squad whilst the plan on the pitch was to utilize Sammie more as a goal threat.

Leonard would probably have gone on loan so that is where the budget cuts came into play and they kept him. There was never a plan to invest big in a forward i don't think, hence Ennis is somewhat of a marquee gamble that has so far failed to ignite.

Edited by tomphil

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

If we have a 24 year old Dack, that's not bad..

I thought Ennis was mobile, showed some good touches (and one very bad chest trap which I hope was a misdirected chest pass) and was a threat.

Sadly against the same players, Harry Leonard was nothing like as effective.

• Like 4

Ennis showed a few glimmers of hope, I've been banging on about just having a bit of presence up top at home and i think he can provide that more than Leonard. We missed him a bit when he came off, has it actually been confirmed whether he was injured or if it was just a planned sub to manage his minutes? I haven't seen it mentioned post match, seriously hope its the latter....

• Like 2

From the glimpses of him we've had, I think Ennis has decent movement and can play a hold up role as well. However, I'm reserving full judgement for 12 months. Brittain has shown how having a year of working under this coaching group and then having the necessary pre season can allow a completely different player to come through in year 2. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Ennis showed a few glimmers of hope, I've been banging on about just having a bit of presence up top at home and i think he can provide that more than Leonard. We missed him a bit when he came off, has it actually been confirmed whether he was injured or if it was just a planned sub to manage his minutes? I haven't seen it mentioned post match, seriously hope its the latter....

Jackson tweeted it was planned, and indicated no injury concerns from the match across the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alex l said:

Jackson tweeted it was planned, and indicated no injury concerns from the match across the team. 

Scott Wharton was struggling with an injury just before he was substituted. His movement was definitely impaired although I noticed him on the pitch at full time. Hopefully precautionary as I thought last night was his best game for some time.

• Like 4

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Bristol City (h) - 12/12/23

Leading 2-0 and then one of those stupid fannying around efforts close to our own goal gifted them their chance to get back in the game. Then, with our record of conceding late ones, its all nerves and praying for the final whistle.

For God's sake, when in trouble clear your lines and regroup.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Rory Finneran is the youngest ever player in a match day squad for Rovers.

Has he got massive feet or is it just the perspective of the picture? 😂😂

Ronnie Clayton made his debut for Rovers at the age of 15---no subs then!

Hope Finneran is half as good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

That goal we conceded was fucking diabolical.

This fucking around at the back needs to stop now. It's done nothing but cost us goals and cause problems.

The efl highlights capture how stupid it was because 1) he had better options on the right or to go long 2) morton was being marked by two players and was not ready and 3) he only went and gave Morton a hand gesture to come forward so those marking him knew what he was going to do. Ffs

• Like 1

I’m afraid it’s just part of the game now. For how long, I don’t know.

But who knows it could be a permanent change like when teams first stopped playing with two up top. ‘“Four four two, four four two” would be the chant at grounds, now that formation seems as quaint as when the old timers talk about a player who was an ‘inside left’.

Edited by Mattyblue

15 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

The efl highlights capture how stupid it was because 1) he had better options on the right or to go long 2) morton was being marked by two players and was not ready and 3) he only went and gave Morton a hand gesture to come forward so those marking him knew what he was going to do. Ffs

Moran

• Like 1