BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

23 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Like I said, teams only need 5 minutes to work us out and we are so easy to play against….Todays result makes me wonder, were Southampton all that good? Or was it that we were that bad…

We need 3/4 players to make the top half of the table come the end of the season.

Southampton beat Swansea 5-0....they will go up....

JDT apologized to the fans on Rovers tv. Worst perform of the season he says. I agree. Think Plymouth away was a like.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I'd say of the 3 people who have to take blame for the current situation JDT is still at the bottom of the list. We are on a bad run and he's not done much to address it. But the hand venkys have given him is exceptionally poor and ultimately some of the players he's been given by broughton aren't up to the standard.

There's no quality in that front 3 at all, there's no quality on the bench to mix it up at that end of the pitch either. Too many kids and those finding their way who aren't there yet. A squad with holes and no depth. No striker with a nose for a goal. A keeper who makes regular mistakes. A severe lack of athleticism in the side, no pace, no power and no strength.

I'd say JDT deserves stick but I look at that today and you have to hold your hands up and say a different lineup would be just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, ultimately it wouldn't make too much difference.

Where we go from here I don't know. We need bodies in, and that'll have to be injuries returning because there doesn't appear to be a pot to piss in. Pears, Hedges, Dolan, JRC and Gally make us a marginally better side so I hope that's enough to arrest the worrying slide.

I fully agree. There is no manager getting g a tune out of 3 of the starting lineup today. The keeper and right back were more of a hindrance than a help. If that was a one off fine, but that’s more often than not. Ennis is not a championship standard striker and his German replacement may as well bid auf wiedersehen to us all now.

Yes JDT has his faults, but how is he supposed to make a silk purse out of some of these?

• Like 3

Hyam and Carter/wharton are as good as most centre halfs in the league. 

Pickering and Britain/Hill decent fullbacks.

Tronstad and Wharton in the centre probably two of the best in the league.

There is no excuse for those 6 being part of the second worst defence in the league other than how they are being asked to play.

I could understand us lacking goals but no excuses at the back.

• Like 6

Mowbray was rightly planned for our poor performances. A not overly dissimilar squad and considerably worse performances and suddenly JDT is a genius and isn't remotely at fault and we are doing well to be 15th. We (me included) didn't have the same generosity when Mowbray, with a squad not much better than today, was doing better than we are currently. 

No doubt I'll be told the squad was miles better before - but there's no way we should suddenly have the 2nd worst defence in the league behind the truly dire Rotherham. 

He's better than Mowbray but he isn't the messiah some (me included) have made out.

That being said there is no future until Venkys go. I am personally finished. Players, managers, owners - none of them care about us. 

Edited by smiller14
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, lraC said:

I fully agree. There is no manager getting g a tune out of 3 of the starting lineup today. The keeper and right back were more of a hindrance than a help. If that was a one off fine, but that’s more often than not. Ennis is not a championship standard striker and his German replacement may as well bid auf wiedersehen to us all now.

Yes JDT has his faults, but how is he supposed to make a silk purse out of some of these?

JDT is working under very difficult circumstances, no doubts....

.....BUT....

..he doesn't help himself, I just don't see the benefit in the style of play he adopts.

We concede goals for fun (now the 2nd worst goals against in the league) and even though our goals for isn't that bad, lately the goals have dried up and we have very little attacking threat.

Yes, a lot of the blame falls to the owners for a lack of investment and the recruitment team for some awful transfers (we must have the worst collection of strikers in the league) but JDT sets the team up and coaches them and the tactics/style of play either doesn't work or doesn't suit the players we have.

It's difficult to lay much blame at his door, given what he's got to work with, but his stubborn attitude to our style of play means he isn't blameless.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2

Plymouth. Sheffield Wednesday. Huddersfield. Off the top of my head, and in-line with many away performances last season, we just collapse and barely bother to turn up or put up a fight, even if we're playing poorly. I'm sorry, but these sorts of collapses are on Tomasson and his decision-making.

And before anybody gets in a tiz that I'm not bashing Venkys or Broughton, Watford highlighted exactly those problems - that a bit more quality and squad depth would have seen us get something.

Today, however, was a complete collapse of either tactics or man management - or both. Today, like many other days that some won't like to admit, is on Tomasson.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Venkies “ensure the patient (Rovers) gets just enough care and attention to just keep them alive, but make them suffer”!!

All our misery was born from that faithful day of SNOWBALL INCIDENT ....Venkys are deliberately making the fans suffer 

7 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Tronstad and Wharton in the centre probably two of the best in the league.

There is no excuse for those 6 being part of the second worst defence in the league other than how they are being asked to play.

Delusional, Adam Wharton is so-so no more no less. Best in the league?? 

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

Some good points made on JDT today and although varied are all perfectly valid. I am in the JDT fan club, but can fully accept some of the criticism about him from some posters today. 

I can't. All I could see was a shell of a team created by one set of lying bastards overseas.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Worst in game manager iv'e seen here since Kean or Coyle and i'll die on that hill.

You can die on that hill but it's an unfair statement. Kean and Coyle had relative freedom to do whatever they pleased. I'm yet to see the guy able to manage without incompetence and interference on and off the pitch.

Some of his decision making frustrates me but I'm not just going to use him as a scapegoat when it's no secret that transfers are being blocked or bungled and the owners have imposed a ludicrous transfer strategy.

Nothing will change till they do, no matter who is in the dugout.

Edited by booth
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, lraC said:

JDT doesn't have to make silk purses, he has to get the players to do their best, and play a system that they can cope with.

• Like 2

• Backroom

I believe JDT is sorry and feels embarrassed.

Not convinced the players feel the same. How many winners in that team who are genuinely sore if we lose compared to passives who shrug their shoulders and forget about it soon afterwards? 

• Like 2

Just now, rigger said:

JDT doesn't have to make silk purses, he has to get the players to do their best, and play a system that they can cope with.

What if that is their best at this stage of the season? (I believe it is without a decent break)

Between the lot of them, not one of our available strikers has scored 5 goals in the Championship. They haven't scored 5 between them.