BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cambridge Utd (h) - 06/01/24 FA Cup R3

6 minutes ago, Giant said:

A very entertaining afternoon for those who bothered to attend. Abstainers have missed a treat.

You are lucky to be able to attend 😀 I live abroad, so can only watch on TV. 

I actually bought a new (and better) TV today, because this game was on Viaplay 🙂

I was entertained too, and proud of our boys 🙂

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

We are well overdue a trip there. Must be just one of a handful of clubs to have never played there at this point. 

I don't live local anymore and a few years ago i was offered corporate seats when hull got there through my mrs work

Turned it down as i wanted the first time to be with rovers😬

I actually went last week on a ground tour with my 12 yr old lad...telling him we WILL make it one day

He was absolutely gutted last year at shef utd

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Hats off to anyone who goes tomorrow, you're either super loyal, extremely bored or a bit simple. I've not felt so disillusioned for a long long time and today's transfer activity, if you can describe it as that, has done nothing to sway me!

You missed a decent Rovers performance, twice behind and won it 5-2 and a hat trick from Schmodics.We have players fit again towards the end of the month it could be the turning point at ending our dismal form.

• Like 6

• Backroom

Cup run is probably the only thing we have to potentially look forward to this season, so obviously nice to progress. Just hope we can score enough to keep our heads above water in the league, as defensively we are nowhere near where we need to be. 

Just now, DE. said:

Cup run is probably the only thing we have to potentially look forward to this season, so obviously nice to progress. Just hope we can score enough to keep our heads above water in the league, as defensively we are nowhere near where we need to be. 

I disagree, get a few wins under your belt and your heading towards the top 6.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, booth said:

Some knee jerk reactions on here early on, blimey.

Pickering poor and with Wahlstedt in goal we’re always going to concede. Thank goodness for SS!

Disappointed Gilsenan didn’t get a chance. Hope he’s not injured.

We have two very experienced, talented, 6'2"+ CBs and yet every cross is a bomb scare. One of them needs to step up and take command.

We conceded two goals today and neither were the fault of the GK. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

Got there just after 2pm and Ewood was dead. A very stark contrast from a fortnight ago… that two weeks has been pretty horrific on and off the pitch. I was in a stinking mood before kick off because of it, combined with not being able to sit in my usual stand, let alone seat. Apparently there were ridiculous queues to get through the turnstiles as kick off approached too, with people struggling to scan their digital tickets.

We started like we thought we just had to turn up. No urgency and a lack of effort. Our quality showed through eventually, no surprise as we are a long way ahead of them in terms of ability, we didn’t always match their effort and application though.

Thank god for Szmodics.

Dreadful defending for their goals.

Wharton visibly frustrated with his team mates on occasion.

The one time Brittain was brave in his play he created a goal brilliantly.

Sigurdsson clearly has bags of ability but was pretty pathetic on occasion too.

Hyam looked like he was pulling a caravan from the start and doesn’t look right at all.

Moran needs a spell out of the side.

Telalovic works hard off the ball, but doesn’t have much idea on the rare occasions he gets it. Him and Leonard (great header withstanding) both demonstrated our need for a new centre forward.

Turn in a performance like that in a league match and the result is very different.

It was apparent Finneran and Gamble were coming on from about 70 minutes. They kept getting told they’d be coming on in a minute… they came on as the clock hit 90. Shame our youngest ever player didn’t have chance to show a bit more than one touch and one foul.

There was also a very near miss at half time with the firework hitting the pitch. If things like that can be bought legally in shops by anyone, the law needs tightening. If that had happened during play there’s an abandonment and several hospitalisations. Thank god there were no kids doing penalties on the pitch today. A big concern for Rovers H&S bods.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pick32 said:

The decline started when Hyam came back

He doesn't look right to me at all. It looks to me like he's not putting weight through his ankle properly or is some kind of discomfort. He's not moving right. I wonder if he's been rushed back if she should've had that ankle surgery.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

No I don’t believe it does because the reaction is to a continuation of the last few weeks and not just to today in isolation.

I don't believe it does, with a 5-2 final scoreline it objectively does.

I understand the frustration. When the second goal went in I was pissed off but perspective needed, there was a long way to go in the game and Cambridge are a poor L1 team. I wasn't going to slate Pickering and Wahlstedt (I felt like it!) as with a proper chairmen and owners they wouldn't be in the first team, they are what they are. I'm also not going to slate the manager or coaches because they aren't working in ideal circumstances.

It's clear we're struggling with a defense that has been neglected for a long time and having keeper troubles, and of course morale must be low.

The ones who should be getting any grief is Venkys and their Ewood mouthpiece.

Venkys out.

• Like 3

Very entertaining game and Cambridge played their part in a good overall game. Pleased with JDT picking a strong team and wanting to win the game and play respect to Cambridge. 

Rovers started the game slowly and then Cambridge took a shock lead with a good shot Lankester. It took us about 15 minutes to wake up and start to up the tempo. Szmodics scored a good first time finish from the cross. Cambridge came back and scored again. Poor defending by Pickering but I do think Wahlstedt should have come and claim the cross. Rovers came back through Szmodics again. Then just before Half time Szmodics scored his third and his hat trick goal. His performance today was outstanding. 

Second half, we upped the tempo and we imposed ourselves on them more. The link up play between Szmodics, Sigurdsson and Pickering was very good today. Sigurdsson finally scored after a couple of good chances previously. Leonard's header was very good and did what a good striker should always do and head the ball back from where it came from. He did miss a open net earlier. 

good overall performance. Pleased to be through to the next round. 

Disappointed JDT took Telalovic off at half time cos he had 2 decent opportunities to score today. Felt he would score inn the second half. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, booth said:

I don't believe it does, with a 5-2 final scoreline it objectively does.

I understand the frustration. When the second goal went in I was pissed off but perspective needed, there was a long way to go in the game and Cambridge are a poor L1 team. I wasn't going to slate Pickering and Wahlstedt (I felt like it!) as with a proper chairmen and owners they wouldn't be in the first team, they are what they are. I'm also not going to slate the manager or coaches because they aren't working in ideal circumstances.

It's clear we're struggling with a defense that has been neglected for a long time and having keeper troubles, and of course morale must be low.

The ones who should be getting any grief is Venkys and their Ewood mouthpiece.

Venkys out.

It doesn’t but we’re only going to go around in circles so best to leave it there.

Where I’m sure we’ll agree is in the hope that’s the first of a much improved run of results.

27 minutes ago, DE. said:

I just don't get the negatively here, we have players coming back towards end of January/start of February plus any new signings we will make. Still a chance of top 6 finish 

16 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

He doesn't look right to me at all. It looks to me like he's not putting weight through his ankle properly or is some kind of discomfort. He's not moving right. I wonder if he's been rushed back if she should've had that ankle surgery.

Maybe he is very wary of the problem and playing with some cautious. Wouldn't you after such an injury. I broke my bone in my foot and since 4 years on I still get abit of pain with it It has healed but it will never been the same as per injury 

• Like 2