BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m glad he’s not scared because of things don’t change it’s coming.

At a normal club, maybe. Here... not convinced. Not sure who's giving the order. It would require someone to actually care. 

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Well, if that is his approach to management - to let the team lose out of spite - he will have a short and unremarkable career.

Tough to explain otherwise why he is absolutely refusing to change anything. He's either incredibly stubborn, incredibly stupid or just pissed off and trying to get sacked. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

To be fair to Tomasson, we have been decimated by injuries, and the Dolan injury was the one which broke the camel's back,along with Pears. 

In my opinion, the last thing we need is a change of head coach after some of the fantastic football we've seen this season. Give Tomasson a front 4 of Szmodics, Siggurdson, Dolan and Gallagher to use and we'd give virtually any team in this division a game. 

Whoever came in would face the same situation, yet we know Tomasson can get a tune out of them when he has more players at his disposal. 

This isn't going to be a magic wand job. 

Fantastic football? If you count football that results in 2+ goals conceded every game as fantastic you do you I guess. Give me a well fought 1-0 over this any day of the week.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

To be fair to Tomasson, we have been decimated by injuries, and the Dolan injury was the one which broke the camel's back,along with Pears. 

In my opinion, the last thing we need is a change of head coach after some of the fantastic football we've seen this season. Give Tomasson a front 4 of Szmodics, Siggurdson, Dolan and Gallagher to use and we'd give virtually any team in this division a game. 

Whoever came in would face the same situation, yet we know Tomasson can get a tune out of them when he has more players at his disposal. 

This isn't going to be a magic wand job. 

We haven't really seen much fantastic football this is a myth that finally needs putting to bed.

What we've mostly seen the last 12 months is losing football and a very very weak defensive mentality with set pieces at both ends worse than they've ever been.

Yes we've seen some fantastic goals and passages of play but if you add then up they don't account for a great deal. If the last 12 months was a season i think we'd have been relegated that is the cold hard reality of it.

One Stoke away doesn't make up for a month of throwing game after game into the bog.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We haven't really seen much fantastic football this is a myth that finally needs putting to bed.

What we've mostly seen the last 12 months is losing football and a very very weak defensive mentality with set pieces at both ends worse than they've ever been.

Yes we've seen some fantastic goals and passages of play but if you add then up they don't account for a great deal. If the last 12 months was a season i think we'd have been relegated that is the cold hard reality of it.

One Stoke away doesn't make up for a month of throwing game after game into the bog.

2023 calendar year table…

IMG_1453.thumb.jpeg.aa0d144fcb5dfc5e0ff1e956f25aaaba.jpeg

• Like 5

It's just drab isn't it. Home games there's no atmosphere and absolutely no reason for going. Away games we are toothless. Players want extra help, manager wants extra help. Owners won't give it. People on the board happy picking up the paycheck. It'll only get worse. Feel sorry for anyone connected to the club that wants well for the team, it's just not going to happen. Vote with your feet, vote with your pocket. It has to end.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Fantastic football? If you count football that results in 2+ goals conceded every game as fantastic you do you I guess. Give me a well fought 1-0 over this any day of the week.

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It really is.

My mate says we’re the instagram of football. Im not massively up on the differences between all the social media platforms but I gather that’s the one where folk portray a glorified life that bares no resemblance to reality. We’re capable of putting together a great 2 minute highlight reel where look phenomenal but for the other 88 mins it’s turgid at best. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

Tough to explain otherwise why he is absolutely refusing to change anything. He's either incredibly stubborn, incredibly stupid or just pissed off and trying to get sacked. 

I suspect he genuinely thinks its the right thing to do and results will turn around.

Often happens when someone is  committed to a particular ideology - when things aren't working its seen not that things need to change, instead what is required is more of the same 

4 minutes ago, matt83 said:

It really is.

My mate says we’re the instagram of football. Im not massively up on the differences between all the social media platforms but I gather that’s the one where folk portray a glorified life that bares no resemblance to reality. We’re capable of putting together a great 2 minute highlight reel where look phenomenal but for the other 88 mins it’s turgid at best. 

The very definition of chinless wonders.

Hyam and Brittain are not up for a relegation battle...seem I remember the Barnsley fans saying the same about Callum...absolutely no will to win the ball by either of them and Dom seemed to lose every aerial duel without making contact. I though Walton was the worst GK in the last 20 years but Leo needs to be shipped out...take the financial loss but get him off the books....only one who gets any credit is Garrett who ran all day long

Edited by onlyoneDuff
  • Like 2

Shit result. JDT needs a result next week against Huddersfield or I think it is goodbye

having said that I will say the owners could go now. We can only rely on sammy smods goals to nick results if we tighten at the back very simple obvious statement but true???? Definitely 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I suspect he genuinely thinks its the right thing to do and results will turn around.

Often happens when someone is  committed to a particular ideology - when things aren't working its seen not that things need to change, instead what is required is more of the same 

Possibly, but I don't think he's an idiot, and he must look at our goals conceded column and realise this is not working. Our form for the past year, almost a full season, has been pretty poor overall. Bombed from 2nd to 7th last season, now bombed from 7th to 18th this season. 

Either he can change things and is refusing, or is unable to change things and just hoping things improve once injuries start clearing up. Neither is ideal, to say the least, but the latter at least is one of the pitfalls of hiring rookie managers. Bowyer couldn't adapt either. 

Mowbray, for all his faults, was able to change how we approached games if needed. We had that spell of possession football which did not work, so we switched to something different. Our underlying flaws were never addressed which is why we saw the same seesaw pattern of streaky results, so in the end it counted for little, but nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, BigBar said:

Anyone calling for the manager out be careful because soon the pro Tomasson crew will appear and absolve him of all blame. Normally happens after full time.

Injuries, owners, the weather, conspiracy, referees, whatever the case we are lucky to have him apparently. He is fat too naive even getting dealt a poor hand you really want more and a smarter approach. Shit owners and a limited/naive manager aren't mutually exclusive. You can have both.

Lucky to have him !!

Plenty of dissenting voices around me this afternoon...

A continuation of this playing out from the back tactics will relegated us....Defenders defend !

The goalkeeper is total liability and doesn't help .....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

It wasn’t a sarcy Q BTW…that City game is my personal low point, though recently we’ve had Fulham (h), Rotherham (a) which are right up there. 
I think we should be grateful WBA seemed satisfied with four today…

My wife suggested we could turn it round when Garrett scored - I told her that WBA would start trying again and score a 4th… 
Didn’t have to wait long to hear the sweetest words in marriage - “you were right” 🥳

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, den said:

The club is in one hell of a mess. 

It’s a crisis. I wonder whether Waggott understands it. He’s the man at the top at Ewood.

All depends how much power Waggott has got and what is actually responsible for? 

48 minutes ago, den said:

If that’s the case then maybe it’s about time the fans made sure their voices are heard.

Theres nothing else.

what difference is that going to make when the problem is with the owners in India? 

We need new owners with fresh ideas and fresh approach to getting more fans in the stadium. 

45 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Doesn’t say much about the new left-back from villa that we’d rather play a player out of position than play him. Another egg transfer masterclass perhaps

playing tomorrow for under 21's along with Pears and Ajari 

1 hour ago, Neal said:

To be 3-0 down at half time and make no subs is a feckin disgrace. His subs or lack of have been absolutely awful since he walked through the door. His in game management is beyond poor. He needs to take a good hard look in the mirror the smirking prick.

Yup I remember allardyce can't remember who it was against 03 at ht and all 3 subs on at ht.

Some great questions. I know interviews are largely irrelevant but his smarmy, sarcastic replies don't paint him in a great light, especially when the answers were often long, tedious dirges that were barely relevant to the question. Not good when the manager is asked 'did you feel there was no point you being here?'

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

It's just drab isn't it. Home games there's no atmosphere and absolutely no reason for going. Away games we are toothless. Players want extra help, manager wants extra help. Owners won't give it. People on the board happy picking up the paycheck. It'll only get worse. Feel sorry for anyone connected to the club that wants well for the team, it's just not going to happen. Vote with your feet, vote with your pocket. It has to end.

The owners can't give it at the moment due to Indian tax law changes. There's an hearing in the last week of Janurary as to whether the Venkys can release funds for transfers.

6 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

That is a very obvious “please sack me” 

Yeah. He looks and carries himself like a broken man devoid of any ideas other than relentlessly sticking to his ideology.

Ill give him his dues though shouldering the blame it’s more than moggadon did in 5 years. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

But that isn't his remit is it? I couldn't care less if he goes tomorrow, I'm just seeing it for what it is. 

You can wish for a Neil Warnock all you want, but it isn't going to happen. The next bloke would be tasked with developing young players the same as Tomasson. 

What I'm saying is that at least we have seen some good stuff and goals when he's had the players at his disposal. I'd rather stick with him for now personally. 

Who would you get in? 

• Like 1

The biggest problem Rovers have at the moment, is Whalsted in goal he's far to small. We're cannon fodder while he's in goal. We have conceded an awful lot of goals since he took over from Pears. Let's get Pears back in goal starting against Q.P.R and Gallagher and JRC starting the match.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

2023 calendar year table…

IMG_1453.thumb.jpeg.aa0d144fcb5dfc5e0ff1e956f25aaaba.jpeg

So despite starting 2023 well, we are clearly in the bottom half of the table for teams who have played 46 games. Great stuff.