BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Rumours & Speculation

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's just my opinion Matty. Might be right or might be wrong. 

5 games to go and let's get the points we need to stay up

I suspect it’ll be wrong tbh, given that is more than we’ve spent in the last 5 years…

• Like 1

Cheston was the club accountant who for a spell ended up running the show, just like Anderson, cousin Vinny, Shebby, Agnew and the berk in the shadows now.

The common factor being ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Former scout Bruno Reis speaks about outgoing finance Director Mike Cheston. 

IMG_6128.jpeg

IMG_6127.png

IMG_6129.jpeg

IMG_6130.jpeg

ha ha not often you see some professional slang being thrown about. Would love to know what he is specifically referring to? Is this guy involved in botched transfers of recent windows?

• Like 1

It was Cheston who called Coyle the 'outstanding candidate' when he was appointed thus insulting us and our club. For that alone I'll not be sorry to see him go.

• Like 8

if matt wright has any honourable intentions and is very good at his job then he won`t last long at ewood,competent and honest people are not welcome in the corridors of swags emporium

cheston can **** off,i hope he has a miserable retirement and unfortunate retirement,another one of the freeloaders

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

It was Cheston who called Coyle the 'outstanding candidate' when he was appointed thus insulting us and our club. For that alone I'll not be sorry to see him go.

The rumours at the time was that Cheston had lined up Warnock. He had some annual leave and somebody else hijacked it and appointed Coyle

Say what you want about the statements after, but Cheston was probably told what to say

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The rumours at the time was that Cheston had lined up Warnock. He had some annual leave and somebody else hijacked it and appointed Coyle

Say what you want about the statements after, but Cheston was probably told what to say

He said it. It doesn't matter if he was told to say it or not (personally I don't believe he was). It's on him, he insulted our intelligence.

• Like 2

Cheston knew Rovers well enough to know that would go down like a lead balloon with fans but he was serving and defending his masters for his own ends.

Anyone with an ounce of care for the club or the fans would have been steadfastly against the appointment of Coyle for a host of reasons and it wouldn't be personal towards the man himself. He also knew but like Kean would put up with horrendous flak for his 30pcs of silver.

Balls to the pair of them.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

I actually found Cheston the easiest of the Rovers hierarchy to deal with to be fair. He certainly had some helpful advice for the Trust at times. And on the occasions when in meetings with him and SW he certainly wasn’t afraid to challenge Waggott.

Probably a case of ‘tallest dwarf’ right enough 😬

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Finance bod who somehow ended up running the club in the Lambert/Coyle era.

Standard Venky madhouse antics.

Unfortunately, he wasn't allowed to run it though.

If he had, we wouyld have had Warnock and not Coyle.

• Like 2