BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

He wasn't sold for millions but for a couple of hundred grand Craig Conway has to be one of the best bargain bits of business this club has done under Vs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He wasn't sold for millions but for a couple of hundred grand Craig Conway has to be one of the best bargain bits of business this club has done under Vs.

He played in the Football Aid In The Community game tonight at Ewood and he was still really good.

Derbyshire got a hat trick and Paul Gallagher was a class above.

Genuinely think all 3 wouldn't be any worse than what we've currently got in the first team.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

One of my favourite Rovers players. 

• Like 1

I think if we attempt to sign any players for over a million, the send button will freeze and it won’t send… AGAIN.

We can all live in hope, but we all know what’s really going to happen. The usual shit show from the our ‘amazing’ owners.

We are constantly fed lies after lies and (some) of our fans still believe they are good for us.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, they need to be gone. Our future with them still here will only cause more pain for us fans.

Some plans need to be made in the summer to try and start making Waggott and Pasha take note, that enough is enough. 

Changes needs to be made from The Rao’s. Either invest or leave. 

If Waggott and Pasha feel the pressure, something will crack. It’s time they are got at. 

End of rant (for now)…

• Like 2

The 'cash' transfer budget will be 500k or maybe two 500k's

Then money into a full loan compliment and a freebie or two, that is the current model.

Speaking of loanees i actually feel we haven't made the best of the ones we've had this season.  Too much emphasis on Moran as with Morton last season yet one or two who've been more involved lately have looked better.

And if you sign a guy like Hill you simply have to have him for a season or it's pretty pointless.

Any monies earned will not be put back into the club in any way, shape or form.

They will take all they can and invest nothing. 

I’ve asked this before, but with all this down sizing, why are we still losing £20m per season?

Basically, it’s bullshit and questions and actual proof needs to be shown regards this statement of theirs. So, why isn’t it?

Start calling them out on things and making them squirm. 

They are basically taking us fans as mugs and know they can get away with such.

Ask for proof on these matters and more.

PS How’s the McGuire signing going? Should be all but completed now, shouldn’t it?. All ready for the next seasons dogfight. 

(Hope this message gets out there, I did press the send button!) 🙄

• Like 2

So what insultingly low fee are we selling Sammy for then?

In all honesty I wouldn't begrudge him a move to the Prem - as much as I'd love to see him stay with us. 

5 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

In all honesty I wouldn't begrudge him a move to the Prem - as much as I'd love to see him stay with us. 

2.5 million.

"They met our valuation"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

30 million 😁

• Downvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

30 million 😁

You serious? You certainly do live in cloud cuckoo land! 😂 

We’ll get £8m and given £500,000 to spend if that. 

Mark my words…

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 3

Just now, Moptop1 said:

You serious? You certainly do live in cloud cuckoo land! 😂 

I thought the smiley face would give it away. I would deffo wat £20m for him. top league goalscorer and his peak years. Pay top dollar 

56 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I reckon £10m plus add-ons sees him leave…

• Like 3

Each time we have sold/lost our top scorer then a “big money” signing has come good the following season (Armstrong, Brereton, Sammie S)

Given our recent lack of spending that should mean Gallagher comes good and bags 25 goals next season 🤔🫣🤣

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Nine players needed in the summer?

IMG_5589.jpeg

Not including the ones not good enough and our lack of strength in depth. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 4

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/efl-2023-24-finding-the-best-players-in-league-one-and-league-two-data-analysis-statistics

This is a good read for the best talent in the leagues below, a market I hope we explore this summer as it has served us well. 

If Rovers have some money to spend... Jay Stanfield on loan at Brum from Fulham? 12 goals only 21. Highly unlikely but worth a phone call. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Nine players needed in the summer?

IMG_5589.jpeg

Agreed - add Pears, Gamble, Garrett, Markanday and Telalovic to the list of players that need replacing because they’re simply not good enough. Add Dolan and Sigurdsson if they won’t sign new deals.

• Like 3

Need a reset and an overhaul that requires some financial flexibility. I cant see it happening.

Need to move away from the 5 defenders, sitting in our penalty box and launching for touch mentality.

So we need at least 1 goalkeeper but neither is good enough even as number 2.

I think the JRC in midfield experiment has not worked, he was excellent at right back whereas he lacks the same composure in midfield. If he stays as first choice RB, then Brittain can be back up and we are fine there. If not, we need a right back. Pickering is a good Championship LB, but we need another, not Chrisene back.

Centre back, Hyam and Carter have big question marks over their name after this season but we need them around. We need a new CB, maybe 2 if O'Riordan needs a loan. Dont sign up McFadzean, done a job but going forward, too slow and too old.

Midfield, Tronstad and Travis are good at winning the ball. We need one or two who can use the ball much better.

Szmodics has to stay and we need cover for him. We need at least a couple of quick wide men with Hedges and Dolan competing with them.

We need 2 strikers too. If that is a main man and Gallagher as back up, not the end of the world.

Anyone not mentioned isnt up to it.

21 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Do we think Chrisene is available? I’d 100% take a punt on him (if cheap) as cover for LB.

Main Priorities for me is striker and some pace on the flanks.

On loan? I think he would be and I'd definitely take him so long as Villa aren't looking for silly money.

It remains to be seen how we set up next season - and that probably makes a big difference if we want to play with wing backs or not - but he's grown on me as the season has progressed. 

Main priority for me is goalscoring striker and number 1 keeper.

Plus a back up right back cos for JRC is centre midfielder and I wanted him and Tronstad to be first choice centre midfielder partnership. 

I would give McFadzean another 12 months contract plus another centre back. 

I would look to back Ben Chrisene for next season. 

I would like to see pacey winger and if Szmodics is sold then we need a replacement for him who can press from the front and score goals. 

We need to decide Travis future and where Buckley fits into the team. 

I will provide some potentials player signings for each position mentioned who I feel would improve our squad tomorrow afternoon. 

• Like 1

The squad doesnt need the odd addition, it needs totally revamping. Probably wont happen, so another season of struggle likely awaits, especially if Szmodics goes.

You look at the state of that subs bench today, absolutely nothing to bring on. Then you look to the injured list for crumbs of comfort. Fleck will go, Sigurdsson hasnt been up to it, Leonard isnt ready, Wharton will be out next season. Hedges is a good squad player but hes just tore his hamstring again, which is a worry and will he be fit come the first day? Markanday was ill, hes nowhere near good enough. Hyam obviously will be part of it.

And thats before you consider the starting 11. McFadzean has done a job but we should move him on, at most he will/should be a squad player. Chrisene goes back, no real loss. Gallagher and Dolan, questionable whether they will/should be here. Terrible keeper.

• Like 1