BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Top post.

The way I see it is the problems are systemic through the whole game.

Owners should be subject to fit and proper testing every year and the legislation needs changing to allow a 50+1 rule. Not perfect but a damn sight better than what we have now.

I think the only way forward is for mass protests at all clubs in similar situations to us, getting games called off and forcing action to be taken. This needs to be widespread and sustained week after week.

As for anyone who supports venkys in any way, they are not nor have they ever been Rovers fans.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 47er said:

In former days Ash Philips would have become our captain and stayed with us although a regular for England.

Instead, this weekend, he will turn out for Plymouth against us at Ewood Park.

Just another sad sign of how far we have fallen.

I thought our reliance on the Academy was to save us transfer fees, instead its to pay the lekky bill.

I just think I was lucky. If Fred Pickering, Mike England and Keith Newton had come through the youth team now they’d have been gone before they’d hardly pulled the shirt on like Phillips.

• Like 5

Despair is the right word. Despair is anger with nowhere to go. Until there's a groundswell of support for taking action, then nothing will change. The n supporters have to be united. Unfortunately, and incredibly, there's are so fans who think venkys are a good thing.

It's either relegation or admin or the Indian court or fans disrupting games that's going to change it. Why they want to keep us is a mystery. A mate recently described them as useless fuckwits. 

But yeah, I'm in despair with it all. The lowest I've ever been with rovers. The thought that they'll never go absolutely haunts me. It's like something out of Saw

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Despair is the right word. Despair is anger with nowhere to go. Until there's a groundswell of support for taking action, then nothing will change. The n supporters have to be united. Unfortunately, and incredibly, there's are so fans who think venkys are a good thing.

It's either relegation or admin or the Indian court or fans disrupting games that's going to change it. Why they want to keep us is a mystery. A mate recently described them as useless fuckwits. 

But yeah, I'm in despair with it all. The lowest I've ever been with rovers. The thought that they'll never go absolutely haunts me. It's like something out of Saw

Bloke behind me on Tuesday when the "Venkys out!" chants started when Millwall scored -  "This has got nothing to do with Venkys".

This is a guy who looks like he's a business man or manager, so presumably has a modicum of intelligence.

Soon, the only people left in the ground (other than away fans) will be the Stockholm Syndrome mob.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 3

I believe it is mental filtering with some people. They want to blame the easy thing, or what they can see. That is the players and the coaches. Nothing else really matters to them. The fact that the players and coaches have been downgraded ever since the Rao family bought the club does not seem to come into it

The next visible "party" are the fans. Hence, they receive the second most blame

The issue has always been that we do not have a suitable local journalist who are probing and ultimately printing the right things. I don't read the LT really. I get my Rovers news from here. The failure of the Lancashire Telegraph to really get to grips with the commotion at Ewood is a direct cause of the fan base apathy. They only read about the team and therefore only care about the team

• Like 4

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

Bloke behind me on Tuesday when the "Venkys out!" chants started when Millwall scored -  "This has got nothing to do with Venkys".

This is a guy who looks like he's a business man or manager, so presumably has a modicum of intelligence.

Soon, the only people left in the ground (other than away fans) will be the Stockholm Syndrome mob.

I guess people will believe what makes them comfortable. This is why I've seen otherwise intelligent people believe all sorts of conspiracy nonsense. It's an emotional thing, that bypasses critical reasoning.

I mean the very idea that for the last thirteen years vultures have been picking the meat off our bones and we're on the verge of a third relegation, but it's nothing to do with venkys , is obviously nonsense

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 3

We are desperate…there is no question.

The blame clearly lies with our owners who through negligence and indifference have brought this club to its knees.

It also lies with a “ board” who have been mute throughout this terrible decline ..their silence is abhorrent.

It lies with men like Waggott and Broughton …totally out of their depth yet they continue to steal a wage …

It lies with the coaching staff who offer no tactical awareness, no motivation ..no idea…but we must remember they are “ coaching “ raw kids, injured journeymen who are not fit for purpose, a striker without guts, a goalkeeper without hope..

Ewood Park looks tired , the fan base is fractured and the match day experience is akin to a visit to the dentist…….dreaded.. 

Over the time of “ the owners “ much has been tried and sadly failed to breathe life back into this dying  club… maybe administration is the only way out of this hell . I feel I’m losing my love for this club…sometimes a divorce is what’s best .

• Like 5

2 hours ago, broadsword said:

I guess people will believe what makes them comfortable. This is why I've seen otherwise intelligent people believe all sorts of conspiracy nonsense. It's an emotional thing, that bypasses critical reasoning.

I mean the very idea that for the last thirteen years vultures have been picking the meat off our bones and we're on the verge of a third relegation, but it's nothing to do with venkys , is obviously nonsense

I think that guy’s attitude is typical of many who still attend (ever dwindling).

He’s probably not interested in the politics, hence his take on it.

Im afraid some of our supporters deserve all they get.

• Like 3

• Backroom
5 hours ago, martonrover said:

Have you ever worked for a manager?

• Like 6

6 hours ago, martonrover said:

A couple of friends of mine are the same.  Intelligent, and usually sensible, folk who just seem either blinded by all the shenanigans or opt to bury their heads in the sand.  We have some humdinging discussions especially when the red has been flowing.  Just adds to the despair.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Have you ever worked for a manager?

😂 I know what you mean. I probably chose the wrong way to describe him.

I just meant he isn’t a cave dweller, is well dressed and well spoken.

It’s probably for the best that I can’t go on Saturday, because it’s becoming an ongoing thing with him, as if what’s on the pitch isn’t bad enough.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

The blame clearly lies with our owners who through negligence and indifference have brought this club to its knees.

It also lies with a “ board” who have been mute throughout this terrible decline ..their silence is abhorrent.

It lies with men like Waggott and Broughton …totally out of their depth yet they continue to steal a wage …

It lies with the coaching staff who offer no tactical awareness, no motivation ..no idea…but we must remember they are “ coaching “ raw kids, injured journeymen who are not fit for purpose, a striker without guts, a goalkeeper without hope..

Ewood Park looks tired , the fan base is fractured and the match day experience is akin to a visit to the dentist…….dreaded.. 

Over the time of “ the owners “ much has been tried and sadly failed to breathe life back into this dying  club… maybe administration is the only way out of this hell . I feel I’m losing my love for this club…sometimes a divorce is what’s best .

That's not true though is it, they've never tried to breathe life into the club. All they've ever done is suffocate it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

I could never divorce myself from the club and I know your only saying that through sheer hopelessness and despair but I felt every other word of that 😔

• Like 1

11 hours ago, martonrover said:

In my experience that is never guaranteed!🤪

The thought of these gobshytes ruining our Club forever and ever creases me,no ambition,no idea,just an empty vessel scraping along year after year.

What have we done to deserve this torture?

• Like 1

https://x.com/PNEBenHD/status/1766156870203343107?s=20

Saw this on twitter and thought it was interesting. We are virtually flatlining on attendances over the last decade, whereas the vast majority of our rivals are seeing massive increases in their attendances.

Quite a useful tool to highlight what a disaster the Venky era has been and the medium term impact of their policies. Perhaps someone who can find him and stomach speaking to the man could ask Waggott what he thinks about this.

43 minutes ago, JHRover said:

https://x.com/PNEBenHD/status/1766156870203343107?s=20

Saw this on twitter and thought it was interesting. We are virtually flatlining on attendances over the last decade, whereas the vast majority of our rivals are seeing massive increases in their attendances.

Quite a useful tool to highlight what a disaster the Venky era has been and the medium term impact of their policies. Perhaps someone who can find him and stomach speaking to the man could ask Waggott what he thinks about this.

Don't bother, he doesn't.

On 07/03/2024 at 21:38, Riverside pessimist said:

Does it make me any less of a fan to think rovers would be better off getting relegated in order to force a reaction in India? As we are only going to be in the exact same position or worse next season in the championship. 

Why do folk think that relegation might lead to some sort of awakening in India - that it might lead to them acting on some way, or even selling the club?

There's no guarantee that relegation - and another relegation to L2 - might be a catalyst for anything. In all likelihood, they will carry on running the same way, with minimal interest, minimum funding and certainly no engagement with supporters.

BRFC has been placed in the Venky's bottom drawer - to be looked at perhaps once a year and the returned into the same dusty file for another 12 months or so. They don't care, because their arrogance does not allow them to admit they have made a huge mistake in buying the club in the first place.

• Like 4