BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 1/4/24

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sammi was great today but Dolan was top class.That pass for Sammi’s first goal was DeBruynesq. 

Dolan is underrated when the system is suited to his needs he blossoms..we can thrive with his skill if the system allows. The players need to be allowed to play close to him otherwise he runs into trouble..great team performance today 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, M_B said:

That's 3 defeats in 10/11 since Eustace came in, conceding 11 goals. Never mind the 5 goals, it's the defensive side which has been the most impressive. 

Eustace has come in and tightened up the defence and made us hard to beat. He's showed no shortage of nous and experience. Say it quietly, we might just have a decent manager who knows how to play the Championship

We absolutely don’t, but God bless your optimism!

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos we wanted him to get his hat trick. 

That's not a remotely good enough reason to risk our best player when 4 goals to the good, he's had a knock and we're in a relegation fight.

1 hour ago, Danishfan said:

Why? I love my Chardonnay ❤️

No offence, it’s just that I’ve never known a football fan who drinks Chardonnay while watching a game, especially when there is access to some fantastic beers in your country. By the way, I love that old boat in Copenhagen harbour which has the open air bar on it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, had.e.nuff said:

never saw that result coming i had forgotten what a win felt like, is that are biggest win away at Sunderland ,we would have been down already without  Sammy.

Agreed, we will have to find our way without him next year, but I am elated right now. 

Pivotal moments - chrisene got away with losing the ball after getting it back from Pears.

Sunderland player slips - we take it off him and quality, clinical play/finish gives us the lead.

Ball goes out - whilst Sunderland players focus on that ball, we grab one of the “multi balls” and a bit of incisive play and finish makes it 2.

After the break we kept pushing and Gallagher got a bit fortunate with the bounce and Hedges finished clinically.

Perfect away performance but made me think back to games where we dominated but couldn’t score.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Tronstad has barely got a mention on here, he’s excellent.

He's one of those players who just goes about his business kind of under the radar, but when he's not playing you damn well know about it, he's absolutely crucial, big fan.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bethnal said:

Just a side thought - massively artificially inflated attendance today, clearly. Covert way for owners to get cash into a club? Have an intern mindlessly buying tickets up all week?

Season ticket holders are included irrespective of actual attendance 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

That's not a remotely good enough reason to risk our best player when 4 goals to the good, he's had a knock and we're in a relegation fight.

If Szmodics says he is fine then he stays on. 

It is that much of a problem really?.

Even if the close minutes he was closing down defenders.  Clearly fine. 

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

On Twitter Rich Sharpe notes that only one player starting was recruited in the last three windows.

Yeah, that's pretty damning of GB and Co. The recruitment hasn't been very good at all really.

• Like 3