BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 1/4/24

Well I suppose somebody has to start the thread πŸ˜„.

Another huge game in our relegation scrap against a Sunderland team whose season is pretty much over. I looked at their team yesterday and noticed that Jack Clarke is doubtful and Patrick Roberts is coming back from a hamstring injury. In the recent past those two have been a real thorn in our side and if they don't play it gives us a better chance of getting a result. I guess the big question is how Eustace approaches this game. My gut feeling is that it will essentially be the same side and shape as Good Friday with perhaps Gallagher coming in. I'm reasonably confident that we can keep a clean sheet as Sunderland have struggled to score this season. It's scoring that worries me as we are far too reliant on Szmodics and we have only scored seven goals in the nine games since Eustace came in (I'm not giving him the Stoke game). Despite that I just have a feeling we can nick this. We have played well in the last two league matches which gives me hope.

For anybody who is driving up the A59 is closed over Blubberhouses and diversions are in place. However these diversions added half an hour to our journey time to Middlesbrough so please factor this in along with the usual Easter Monday traffic.

• Like 5

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Sunderland (a) - 1/4/24

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Pears

Brittain Hyam Wharton Pickering

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β TronstadΒ  Β JRC

HedgesΒ  Β  Β  SzmodicsΒ  Β  Dolan

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  GallagherΒ 

Β 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Pears

Brittain Hyam Wharton Pickering

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β TronstadΒ  Β JRC

HedgesΒ  Β  Β  SzmodicsΒ  Β  Dolan

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  GallagherΒ 

Β 

I'd go the same, if we had a half competent keeper waiting in the wings he'd be in for Pears but alas, we don't.

As good as JRC can be, I thought he was poor overall yesterday and we looked better when he went off. He's painfully slow as well.

I'd consider Ayari in his place tbh.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I'd go the same, if we had a half competent keeper waiting in the wings he'd be in for Pears but alas, we don't.

As good as JRC can be, I thought he was poor overall yesterday and we looked better when he went off. He's painfully slow as well.

Id put JRC at RB ,Ayari in midfield and Brittain on the benchΒ 

• Like 4

It’s got narrow defeat written all over it. Much as we are desperate for the three points, we will be set up to be hard to break down. That nullifies us as an attacking threat and the lack of goals under the manager will be clear to see again.

A win will lift the gloom at least until the following weekend but I can’t see it and will go 1-0 to the home side.Β 

Two better performances against Boro and Ipswich have only brought 1 point. It's important we keep up that level of performance, if we do the results will improve.Β 

Fancy us for a hard fought 0 1 win.Β 

• Like 1

People talk about tough games when we play top 6 or 6 pointers.

Well this and Bristol City are the ones against sides stuck in mid-table in dodgy form and going nowhere.

On paper it should be the ideal fixture to target a win in. Managerless, missing a few to injury and other than a win against a poor Cardiff side yesterday have been in terrible form themselves.

Unfortunately with 2 wins in 21 or whatever it is now it is clear that this side hasn't got the capacity to target any fixture as a win and there is something seriously wrong. Put simply we aren't good enough to get results. I wonder why that is.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, JHRover said:

People talk about tough games when we play top 6 or 6 pointers.

Well this and Bristol City are the ones against sides stuck in mid-table in dodgy form and going nowhere.

On paper it should be the ideal fixture to target a win in. Managerless, missing a few to injury and other than a win against a poor Cardiff side yesterday have been in terrible form themselves.

Unfortunately with 2 wins in 21 or whatever it is now it is clear that this side hasn't got the capacity to target any fixture as a win and there is something seriously wrong. Put simply we aren't good enough to get results. I wonder why that is.

We are full of journymen. Easy!

3 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

That’s my real worry, what a fucking nightmare that would be πŸ™ˆ

Very ironic and a total two fingered salute , to the powers that be !

Nearly a Denis Law moment !

The club , deserves to be relegated, we the fans don't, I just want these bastards gone asap !

• Like 2

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Pears

Carter Β  Hyam Β  Wharton Β  Pickering

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Ayari Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Tronstad

Β  Β Hedges Β  Β  Β Szmodics Β  Β  JRC

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Dolan

If Gallagher is fit by some miracle, I’d play him over Ayari with JRC and Dolan reshuffling.

43 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Very ironic and a total two fingered salute , to the powers that be !

Nearly a Denis Law moment !

The club , deserves to be relegated, we the fans don't, I just want these bastards gone asap !

Actually there's a lot of so called fans that absolutely deserve it.Β 

You can either support Rovers or venkys but you cannot do both.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Pears

Carter Β  Hyam Β  Wharton Β  Pickering

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Ayari Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Tronstad

Β  Β Hedges Β  Β  Β Szmodics Β  Β  JRC

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Dolan

If Gallagher is fit by some miracle, I’d play him over Ayari with JRC and Dolan reshuffling.

I'd rather play Mcfadzean up front than Gallagher. At least he might ruffle a few feathers.

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd rather play Mcfadzean up front than Gallagher. At least he might ruffle a few feathers.

I would get Billy the kid on when the kitchen sink needs throwing and goal desperately required, he’s a bloody big unit who can head the ball ! Sometimes that is what a Plan B requires, Hendry and Samba were especially effective when deployed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I like JRC in centre midfield cos he can get box to box and gives us a goal threat from the centre midfield role

• Like 2