BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 1/4/24

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

anyone know what gallaghers illness is,apart from being terminally shite

Or Leonard. I know he’s not the answer but it was mid-Jan last time he was sighted. He’s better than Semir.

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

leonard has a back problem,out for the season

Hadn’t seen that. Another one that’s spineless then.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

We beat Sunderland 1-0 but then…

Birmingham beats Preston

Plymouth beats Bristol C

Hudds beats Stoke

Sheff W beats Boro

….and we are right back where we started. This the extreme version of it but could easily see some results going against us this afternoon. Final last  ditch call for Eustace. Not getting my hopes up but hope(!) I’m wrong

Draw at best.

A few seasons ago we had Dack, Rothwell, Khadra, Arma, Brereton

You've got Brittain- all style, no substance.  He's physically not a scratch on Nyambe, should have had a penalty against us for the stupid shirt pull against Ipswich..

Bell is off playing regular football in the Premier League- I don't mind Pickering though to be fair.

Hyam, who looked good last season looks like his legs have gone this year- massive step down from Lenihan, who incidentally I didn't rate that highly..  Fortunately Carter has grown and Wharton is looking decent again..

Rothwell has not been replaced- Rovers fans crack me up saying he was wank- best ball carrying midfielder in the division easily- you're now shoe-horning JRC, a great inverted full back, into his position ..

We've no creativity, guile, pace or skill in the side at all, other than Szmodic. 

Carter, Wharton, Szmodic..  The rest are league one players.

You can't lose: Armstrong, Brereton,  Rothwell, Wharton, Dack, & Graham and not replace them. Then you've the problem of loans papering over the cracks- Khadra, Van Hecke etc were brilliant loans. Then this is compounded by letting good players go and replacing them with shite: Hyam, Brittain, Wahlsted..

Then you've let the experienced heads of your Bradley Johnsons, Bennetts, Evans, all who had an affinity with the club leave and not replaced them either.

You're left with a bunch of shit loans, youth players and substandard crap- we're an awful side and it's all down to the lack of reinvestment that's been going on for years.

• Like 4

Think we are going to win this one. Will paper over a few cracks but likely keep us up this season. Think my optimism is more based on the opposition than our abilities but can't help feeling strangely optimistic about it  

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don’t look at that team and think it is a team that , if applying themselves correctly,  should be going 16 games without at a couple of wins.  If this was in November I’d be genuinely hoping for a win with that line up. 

Even the bench is looking stronger than the last few months albeit without a striker.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

I don’t look at that team and think it is a team that , if applying themselves correctly,  should be going 16 games without at a couple of wins.  If this was in November I’d be genuinely hoping for a win with that line up. 

Even the bench is looking stronger than the last few months albeit without a striker.

It can be about attitude and hopefully we treat this as a must win game and go for it.

I do not want us set up to try and snatch a point.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Bit of revisionism going on re Amari’i Bell, he was crap for us. Huffed and puffed going forward and was decidedly suspect when defending. Nobody was particularly bothered when he was released. 

We replaced him with Pickering who is worse, that’s the issue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Bit of revisionism going on re Amari’i Bell, he was crap for us. Huffed and puffed going forward and was decidedly suspect when defending. Nobody was particularly bothered when he was released. 

I’d say he was better than Pickering, but that’s scant praise.