BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 1/4/24

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Defensively our current two must be worst pair of fullbacks in the division. When I think we used to have Keith Newton and Billy Wilson !

Or John Bailey and Kevin Hird and even Jim Brannigan and Basil Rathbone.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I don’t look at that team and think it is a team that , if applying themselves correctly,  should be going 16 games without at a couple of wins.  If this was in November I’d be genuinely hoping for a win with that line up. 

Even the bench is looking stronger than the last few months albeit without a striker.

Have to disagree - selecting Hedges and Gallagher is like playing with nine men.

I'm not sure why Ayari hasn't had more game time, he looks a pretty decent player.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Merce could still be right. He could be playing through the pain/sickness barrier like a true hero.

It could be the transmissible illness he is referring to.

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Have to disagree - selecting Hedges and Gallagher is like playing with nine men.

I'm not sure why Ayari hasn't had more game time, he looks a pretty decent player.

I agree, Ayari looks to have bags of ability and best chance of creating something from midfield. Given our real limitations in the middle, very surprised that they aren’t playing him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Quite a few players have been criticised roundly at Rovers and gone on to have decent careers after rovers beyond expectations - Bell, Josh King, Jason Steele, Duffy etc.

Just a reminder that we don't always get it right 

David Raya… I never understood the criticisms of Raya. Regular ‘keeper at Arsenal now, livin the dream…

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mick Heaton and Andy Burgin were better that the current two and that was in the old Division 3.

Brittain would have sh1t himself if faced with Mick Heaton whilst Andy Burgin had a football intelligence Pickering could only dream about.

Woke up this morning and my wife said she dreamt Rovers will win today so stuck £25 on Rovers to win at 12/5.  Will open a special red tonight should that happen but not holding my breath!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

In which case JDT was an absolute genius for having Gallagher and Hedges regularly in a side at the top of the league last season. That side is a lower mid-table championship side lacking a bit of firepower. It’s not a 0 wins in 16 games side.

Edited by Hasta

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

On the ball again.

Surprised he's there never mind playing - understand he's been throwing-up and had diarrhea with the whole Gallagher household affected.

Edited by Mercer

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Brittain would have sh1t himself if faced with Mick Heaton whilst Andy Burgin had a football intelligence Pickering could only dream about.

Woke up this morning and my wife said she dreamt Rovers will win today so stuck £25 on Rovers to win at 12/5.  Will open a special red tonight should that happen but not holding my breath!

I once dreamt the score on the night before the Cup Final - Everton 4 - WBA 0 so I put my meagre apprentice wages on it. Final score Everton 0 - WBA 1, I had to stay in that weekend. I hope Mrs Mercer has more luck.

27 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

We replaced him with Pickering who is worse, that’s the issue.

Mowbray bought him then waited half a season for him. Some player this guy must be if we're not only paying a fee to Crewe but allowing them to keep him, when we're so desperate for defenders, so I thought 🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Surprised he's there never mind playing - understand he's been throwing-up and had diarrhea with the whole Gallagher household affected.

You also implied the other week that Broughton was on gardening leave. Avoided all follow up questions to keep it nice and cryptic but there we go. 

1 minute ago, booth said:

Mowbray bought him then waited half a season for him. Some player this guy must be if we're not only paying a fee to Crewe but allowing them to keep him, when we're so desperate for defenders, so I thought 🤦‍♂️

Regarding that: what has happened to O’Riordan?