BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

How bad were our loans this season

moran? I thought he was meant to be the gem, miles off it, don’t see him making it at Brighton 

ayari- didn’t see anything 

chrisene- should probably have played more, might make it as a champ player 

our best one was hill and he scarpered back as soon as he could to escape the shit show 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

A bit like Howard Kendal.

Yes and that did us no harm. Jack Charlton hated it but it got us promoted at his first attempt and only the useless Nobbers scuppered a promotion to the old 1st Division a year later. I’d take a Howard Kendall as manager every day of the week

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Can we have 2 managers next season? We'll have Eustace to manage the away games and get someone else in  to do the Home games.

I think the tree you're barking up is more of an American Football thing: Eustace could be the defensive coordinator.

8 minutes ago, ossyian said:

Yes and that did us no harm. Jack Charlton hated it but it got us promoted at his first attempt and only the useless Nobbers scuppered a promotion to the old 1st Division a year later. I’d take a Howard Kendall as manager every day of the week

I well remember the run we went on from Jan to April 1980. P15 W 14 D 1 L0. And we should have beaten Villa in the 5th Round Replay at Villa Park. Howard Kendall was a superb manager in his short stint here as he was at Everton

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

moran? I thought he was meant to be the gem, miles off it, don’t see him making it at Brighton 

our best one was hill and he scarpered back as soon as he could to escape the shit show 

Koumetio didnt play a league minute either.

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's been a long, long time since I loved a Rovers player like I love Sammie Szmodics. The season he has had is up there with the Shearers for me as he has pretty much single handedly kept us up. We should all be eternally grateful to him.

In all honesty I didn't think we would get anything today and would have to rely on other teams inadequacies. Our angst was even greater during the game as very few people in the stadium could get a phone signal to keep tabs on the other games. We heard that Wednesday had scored then Plymouth and then Birmingham. This is it now, we all know what is coming and we will drop into the bottom three any time soon for the first time this season. We were quite stunned but the Rovers fans kept at it and I sure were inspirational. Can we hang on, there is a long way to go but we are defending exceptionally well. Then Szmodics gets the ball out wide and keeps going and going, looks up and there is nobody to pass to. He opens up his body and passes the ball into the net. Unbridled job abounded amongst the Rovers fans. His second goal will live long in my memory primarily because if was like slow motion. Did he really celebrate before he put it into the net? That's it, we're safe now and we really enjoyed the moment. For a few minutes we forgot about the Indians, Waggott, Kean, Anderson and all the shysters that have besmirched our great name for 14 years as we bounced about and hugged each other. This is what Rovers means to us and they can't take that away.

As at Leeds Eustace got it right with his set up and tactics. Well done to him and the players who showed they care and have some pride. Lots of heroes in yellow today but my last word is for Szmodics. Fanbloodytastic.

That first goal was great. I didn’t know Sammi was that quick. He didn’t panic and shoot early but took it in close before threading the needle between the keepers left hand and inside of the far post. I classic image that will stay with me forever.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

You saw nothing in Ayari? He will go somewhere next season and do a job, if he plays. Much like Moran.

Agree on Chrisene I really liked the look of him, better than Pickering IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

You saw nothing in Ayari? He will go somewhere next season and do a job, if he plays. Much like Moran.

I thought Pickering looked good as a left sided centre back. He’s decent in the air, reads the play pretty well and has a good line in left footed clearances.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought Pickering looked good as a left sided centre back. He’s decent in the air, reads the play pretty well and has a good line in left footed clearances.

Do you think he could play there in a back four?

30 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Agree re Moran, think Ayari was decent and deserved more starts. 
Also agree Hill was a very good player but he didn’t scarper back he was recalled by his club because of how he was performing for us.

Chrisene after a shaky start ended up a decent sub. and didn’t let us down…

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Branthwaite looked miles off it at Rovers and yet is on the verge of an England call-up now. Sometimes loan players work out, sometimes they don't for different reasons including age. Too early to write off the likes of Moran.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Do you think he could play there in a back four?

Mm, possibly. He’d have to muscle up a bit. I’d have no problem playing him there in an injury crisis. I don’t know when Hyam cried off but I suspect Pickering was moved over to centre half very late in the day.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Can’t say I did no, did he have any goals or assists? Bear in mind we were his second loan and he didn’t get many minutes here as with his first loan ,  I’d suggest he wasn’t setting the heather on fire in training either

Moran, for all the hype he came with , he was massively underwhelming, he wasn’t trusted by management either when we needed a goal or some magic. Reminded me of that lad we had, jack payne? Neat and tidy enough but you wouldn’t go into battle with him. We needed more from him 

I liked hill

i would have chrisene back as he was athletic and that’s what Pickering ain’t 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, possibly. He’d have to muscle up a bit. I’d have no problem playing him there in an injury crisis. I don’t know when Hyam cried off but I suspect Pickering was moved over to centre half very late in the day.

I have lost all faith in hyam , he makes me nervous 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Can’t say I did no, did he have any goals or assists? Bear in mind we were his second loan and he didn’t get many minutes here as with his first loan ,  I’d suggest he wasn’t setting the heather on fire in training either

Moran, for all the hype he came with , he was massively underwhelming, he wasn’t trusted by management either when we needed a goal or some magic. Reminded me of that lad we had, jack payne? Neat and tidy enough but you wouldn’t go into battle with him. We needed more from him 

I liked hill

i would have chrisene back as he was athletic and that’s what Pickering ain’t 

Yeah, Hill looked the part but we are probably better off for centre halves than any other position.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I suspect Travis is on his way out. He's one of our highest paid players and forced his way out on loan in January - I think his card is marked. 

Shame, a promotion winning manager saw something in him, I would have him starting every week tbh.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, Hill looked the part but we probably better off for centre halves than any other position.

Hyam (currently iffy), McFadzean (currently old), Wharton (currently injured), Carter and O’Riordan. We need at least one for next year, if we’re planning to play a back 3.

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree he looks better there. Chrisene will be a premier league player in a season or 2 though.