BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Next season’s line up

If you were limited to three signings, which of our current player’s would you start?

I think I’d go with the following (I’ve assumed we’ll be sticking with 3 at the back and Sammie will be sold):

New

Carter     Hyam    Pickering

Brittain                                                           New

JRC             Tronstad

Hedges        Siggy              Gilsenan

New 

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Really hard question as we badly need far more than 3.

New

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Tronstad Travis

Hedges Szmodics New

New

I’d go with that but wouldn’t be averse to Dolan playing

New

Jrc carter Hyam Pickering

Tronstad Travis New

Gilsenan New

Leonard 

If limited to 3. 

Keeper needed (Rotherham, Prem loanee or otherwise - 1 must for me would be tall and commanding at set pieces as the rest of the team are tiny)

New cm needed, or right back with JRC there.  Personally dislike brittain after this year so would aim to replace.  Either Sorensen for right back from Lincoln (tall, fast, creative) or a nasty so and so at centre mid.  

Limited to 3 otherwise would be after a striker too but playing to the rules, we can't keep banking on individual quality to keep us up (Dack, Diaz, Rhodes, Gestede, Armstrong, Szmod) so ideally a midfielder who scores goals.   McAtee at Barnsley via Luton for me and if we can go to 4, stick Taylor from luton in the deal too.  

Otherwise I also rate Freddie Draper not least for having the best celebration in the football league.  Would do the same job as Gally but much younger and cheaper.

Pears

JRC     Carter         New     Pickering

Tronstad      New

Hedges       Sigurdsson      Dolan

New

Really tough to limit this to three. Partially because we need more, but also because we don't know how we're setting up and how we play has a really big impact on whether certain players are in the i) flawed but useful or ii) get rid completely categories. 

Looking at the reasons why we came within a hair's breadth of going down, the biggest factors by a distance were goalkeeping errors and Sammie having to be our sole decent attacking outlet. So GK and forward are absolute necessities, irrespective of how we want to play. 

After that, Trondstad playing alongside JRC/Trav is decent if not very creative. We'll 100% need another centre half if we play three at the back, but I'd say a second new forward is probably the most urgent.

But yeah, we definitely need more than three.

6 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Pears

JRC     Carter         New     Pickering

Tronstad      New

Hedges       Sigurdsson      Dolan

New

Not your fault in any way but that’s a bottom six team. If we can ever get all of them out on the pitch at the same time of course.

Georgie Gent coming back off 25 odd first team spl appearances for a mid table side must have a shout at going straight in at LB - essentially a new signing.

I've said it before, but I think Pickering is too slow for a fullback but otherwise a good player, I'd like him moved more central, either as a left sided CB in a three or a left footed defensive mid, I think he has the attributes. 

That frees up a bit of room off the bat, then we'll have to see if we get Travis back. Probably play Sig through the middle.

For new players a striker will be needed for when Szmodics gets sold - I don't dislike Gallagher as much as some on here but he isn't the player I want as the main man leading the line, then an experienced keeper and either a new centre back or an out and out winger, either side.

4 hours ago, AspRover said:

Georgie Gent coming back off 25 odd first team spl appearances for a mid table side must have a shout at going straight in at LB - essentially a new signing.

I've said it before, but I think Pickering is too slow for a fullback but otherwise a good player, I'd like him moved more central, either as a left sided CB in a three or a left footed defensive mid, I think he has the attributes. 

That frees up a bit of room off the bat, then we'll have to see if we get Travis back. Probably play Sig through the middle.

For new players a striker will be needed for when Szmodics gets sold - I don't dislike Gallagher as much as some on here but he isn't the player I want as the main man leading the line, then an experienced keeper and either a new centre back or an out and out winger, either side.

Tyler Maglore was also a regular for Motherwell in the SPL when we sent him on loan there. 

I am not saying that Gent will not be able to step up and be considered for a squad role, but the SPL is not on a par with the Championship.  That said, since Gent has now played in men's football, he must be elbowing his way in front of Batty in the squad hierarchy.

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

Pears

Britain Carter Wharton Pickering

Travis    Tronstad    Costello

new            New          New

Pears is shit.

Wharton is properly injured. 

They both need replacing next year.

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

In reality it's not even a rebuild it's starting from zero.

We need to sign 15 first team players. 9 of them need to be first pick starters.

When Broughton came in, he actually said this is a refurb, not a rebuild. 

We're starting his 3rd season,  him and his extensive, shiny new recruitment team might want to at least get the tools out of the van. 

Posted (edited)

NEW

JRC Carter NEW NEW

Tronstad   NEW

NEW     NEW   NEW

NEW

I would go further than 3 for the 1st Team. The rest have proved they aren’t good enough or are squad players only. If Szmodics goes for £10m+ then it’s time to spend some of the £40m we’ll have received from transfer dealings in the last year.

I won’t hold my breath.

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't be too hasty with Pears,he's young for a keeper, and this season might just stand him in good stead. 

Yes, he's dropped a couple of clangers, but if anyone thinks we'll sign a keeper who doesn't, they will be in for disappointment. 

The improved defensive displays have come with Pears in goal. It looks like we've a coach who can set up a defence,it'll be interesting if Eustace gives him his support going forward. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, M_B said:

When Broughton came in, he actually said this is a refurb, not a rebuild. 

We're starting his 3rd season,  him and his extensive, shiny new recruitment team might want to at least get the tools out of the van. 

The problem is, the tools on the pitch.

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

I wouldn't be too hasty with Pears,he's young for a keeper, and this season might just stand him in good stead. 

Yes, he's dropped a couple of clangers, but if anyone thinks we'll sign a keeper who doesn't, they will be in for disappointment. 

The improved defensive displays have come with Pears in goal. It looks like we've a coach who can set up a defence,it'll be interesting if Eustace gives him his support going forward. 

Eustace set us up with a packed defence so the keepers have as little as possible to do. With a better keeper we may be allowed to play a more expansive game.

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Eustace set us up with a packed defence so the keepers have as little as possible to do. With a better keeper we may be allowed to play a more expansive game.

I'm sure if Eustace wants a new keeper it will be the first name on the list,he may keep Pears as back up. 

The one bonus is, as bad as it's been, this season has given him a good look. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Hmmm third season of it though... Does a leopard change their spots.

I think Im okay with Pears on the bench but we need a really dependable first choice.