BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Well I imagine the one that signed last week he is referring to Scott Wharton who has just signed his first pro-contract with the club. He has been playing regularly at CB for the Under 21s this season and has impressed.

No idea on the other two Shaw referred to.

"Venkys are also keen on bringing Academy players through, said Shaw, who added, weve signed one Academy player last week and were on the verge of signing two more."

This is from the LT

It wlor=rgb(63,63,63)]Anybody know anything about these 3 academy players we´ve signed?[/color]

Wonder if the lads are signed to a particular group of agents ?

• Moderation Lead

"Venkys are also keen on bringing Academy players through, said Shaw, who added, weve signed one Academy player last week and were on the verge of signing two more."

This is from the LT

It wlor=rgb(63,63,63)]Anybody know anything about these 3 academy players we´ve signed?[/color]

Don't be shy JAL!

Edited by K-Hod

This is from the LT

Who says they even have agents at all?

Why didnt you attend the Q and A session and ask about agents and things like that?

This MB needs a good conspiracy theory to liven it up. A game coming up after a 2 week break and we've just had a Q&A and it's still quiet.

Must be a lot on holiday ........... or banned in the ongoing MB cleansing process ....... ooops ...... another conspiracy theory. Boredom does that

It does make you wonder how none of the attacking players from our academy/u21s can even make the bench when we have no first team strikers fit (except Rhodes). When we go a goal down, we have no one to chuck on and even try and change the game. Perhaps they aren't ready to feature in the first team regularly but surely they aren't all complete rubbish and one of them could make the bench here and there?

• Like 1

It seems to have been missed on this thread that Rovers have been drawn against Burnley in the U21 Premier League Cup.

As yet there has been no information from either club about when or where this game is to take place, but the Premier League have said that it needs to be between 9th November and 24th November.

No doubt there will be quite a few from Rovers and Burnley wanting to attend this fixture.

Has anyone heard anything about it?

So thats the promising Callum hendry seriously injured before his career has really started, not very wise imo to send young(still physically growing) players out to backstreet borderline amature leagues where they wont be protected from by decent refs or play on decent pitches.

Edited by T J Hooker

why bloody stanley, they should be sent to a league 1 club at least and even then only a club that has very good training facilities, coaches and pitches, so that they can keep progressing without to high of an injury risk due to poor playing surfaces, bad training and poor referees.

Tomlinson in particular looks like he could probably do a job in this league at the right club.

Edited by T J Hooker

It does make you wonder how none of the attacking players from our academy/u21s can even make the bench when we have no first team strikers fit (except Rhodes). When we go a goal down, we have no one to chuck on and even try and change the game. Perhaps they aren't ready to feature in the first team regularly but surely they aren't all complete rubbish and one of them could make the bench here and there?

O'Sullivan is an attacking player but if he's the best of our attacking youth then you can hardly blame Bowyer for not playing them.

Since Dunn and Duff came through, fifteen years ago, we've produced three decent attacking players - Derbyshire, Hoilett and Paul Gallagher. Its a really poor return.

I suppose you could add Judge to that, not that we made use of him. So four in fifteen years. Not great.

• Like 1

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/blackburn-rovers-burnley-under-21-premier-league-cup-2778536.aspx

As suspected the police have intervened and ensured that this game will now take place behind closed doors at Turf Moor next Monday with no supporters allowed in.

Absolutely disgraceful decision. About time the clubs stand up to the constabulary rather than meekly do as they are told.

I note there is reference to 'recent troubles at similar youth fixtures'. Can anyone shed any light on these troubles? There have only been 3 or 4 meetings between the clubs at this level in recent years and I can't recall any trouble taking place. For the Youth Cup game I parked up in Burnley and walked to Turf Moor in my Rovers top and witnessed absolutely no trouble.

No doubt the week after the club will be trying to encourage more people to go and watch the Under 21s at Leigh, when it suits them, but for the big games like this one when it doesn't suit the powers that be the supporters can f*** off.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

As someone who watches the u21s when I can and have been to these fixtures in the past I'm aghast at this. It's absolutely pathetic they can't police a game that will be attended by no more than a couple of thousand fans. Never seen more than a few handbags or mouthing off at these and as usual most of it comes from the dark side.

I think it is down to sheer incompetence from Lancashire Constabulary. The moment they see Blackburn v Burnley they start to panic and try to change things to make life easier for themselves.

The same Constabulary that were happy for 4,500 Bolton fans to travel to Preston on Saturday and spend the afternoon drinking ahead of a 6pm kick off.

They seem to want it both ways. On the one hand they think they can do as they please to suit themselves, even if this means closing stadiums and denying supporters the chance to support their teams, basically branding everyone as a hooligan in the making when 99% of people have no history of football related trouble, yet on the other hand expect thousands of paying customers to turn up when the police want them to and keep them in jobs.

It must have escaped their attention that without football matches and other events to police that there would be a lot of police officers with less work and lower incomes.

This appears to be in breach of the rules of the Under 21 competition. If a game is played at a clubs home venue i.e. Turf Moor then it should be played outside of working hours so as to be accessible to supporters.

I myself go to a lot of the Under 21 games, and I think it is a disgrace that I am being prevented from supporting Rovers on the basis of some 'recent troubles at similar youth fixtures' nonsense that clearly hasn't occurred in Rovers v Burnley games. Dreamt up by somebody in an office at police HQ who probably has no interest or understanding of football, yet have the power to prevent me from enjoying supporting my club.

• Like 3