BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

I think there may be a slight misunderstanding there, I may be wrong though I think the issue is originally the trust may have been willing to top up what had been raised rather than pulling any funding that had been raised online.

Full disclosure I am not nor have ever been a member of the trust but if they don't believe it to be an effective use of the funds (I don't know the amounts obviously) then that's up to them and their members.

I am one of their members, I have never been asked.

The board felt the advert as planned was not the best use of members funds. .

Weasel words I am afraid. That's not an explanation it's a reassertion.

What I want to know is why its not the best use of members funds?

What better uses will it be put to?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The board felt the advert as planned was not the best use of members funds.

This plus CLB's post just above confirm my view that the funds raised for both the mural and the ad in the Economic Times could indeed be put to better use.

We know so little about Venkys, even six years on, that I think any messaging will be wasted as we don't actually know what to say to who to have any hope of having an effect on their behaviour. I think everyone already knows they have been rubbish owners, you only have to look at the league table to figure that out.

Personally, I would use the funds to hire a forensic accountant in India to get to the bottom of this cursed family. If we knew how rich they are, where they make and spend their money and so on, it would be much easier to craft a message that might actually make a dent in their so far impervious armour.

Same.

The Trust have gone very quiet. Without dialogue with the club about a role in club decision making and without any direct action I'm not sure what their remit is.

Best I can surmise is an insurance policy and the first set of people to write to the administrators. There is no chance of them running a Championship Rovers without the backing of investors. Pledges will not come close.

Did the Rovers trust hold a AGM last year? Just checked through my emails and do not see any emails regarding it

Last AGM was 30th March 2015

Weasel words I am afraid. That's not an explanation it's a reassertion.

What I want to know is why its not the best use of members funds?

What better uses will it be put to?

The money remains in the Trust bank account. The board felt the return on investment was not good enough.

Last AGM was 30th March 2015

The money remains in the Trust bank account. The board felt the return on investment was not good enough.

Again, that's an "avoidance reply". There is obviously no physical return on an advert or, at least, none that is quantifiable in the short-term.

Howeverwhat assessment led to the conclusion that assisting those wanting to place an advert in India would not have benefits other than financial ones?

For example, a lift in morale among fans, reigniting some passion which has declined with inactivity, creating embarrassment on their own turf for our hapless owners and opening Indian eyes to the scandal which is Venkys.

The prevalent belief is that the Trust will do none of the heavy lifting and is simply sitting quietly while others work away on their own.

Let's hope there is something to salvage when, if ever, the Trust's day comes.

• Backroom

Come the date that the Trust has a hand in the club running (I believe it will eventually happen when Venkys go), I will be among many to stand up and say:

Rovers Trust, where the hell were you when it mattered?

I have donated two separate amounts, one for the wall mural and the other, I think, was towards the advert. It seems so long ago that I can't reliably remember.

Living in Northwich now, my ear isn't as close to the ground as it was and most of my Rovers supporting mates fall well and truly into the "apathy reigns" bracket.

I realise that details can't be disclosed on here for obvious reasons but, with regard to the mural, can someone in the know please reply with a letter 'a' if it's still going ahead, a letter 'b' if it's not and a letter 'c' if no one seems to know! A one letter reply will suffice lol.

BUMP

Or perhaps a letter 'd' we're not telling you?

Where is this???

I must admit I am extremely surprised his comments haven't appeared on this site. I have just seen a photo on facebook of the newspaper report and I immediately came on to this site to check authenticity but no mention whatsoever.

The report is by a journo called Derek Davis but can't fathom which paper it is.

I actually agree with a lot of what he says. He criticises the way the club is run at the top. But at the same time perhaps has a dig at the fans - debatable and open to interpretation.

Comments are:

"It starts at the top."

"The whole way the club is being run at Blackburn is obviously not right and rubs off on players and on the pitch. It is not clicking and stuff is happening at top of club. You have just scored a goal and you want to hear the fans behind you but we don't - all we hear is 'Venkys out.' It's not on. The fans are doing all these protests and it doesn't help. We don't help either with these performances. Something needs to change."

Aye, it is doing the rounds on Facebook.

The journalist is a Derek Davis, who a quick Google search says is a Suffolk based reporter, so presumably this is from the local Ipswich paper.

To be fair, can't expect much root cause analysis from a footballer.

Archived