BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where Will Rovers Finish This Season 16/17

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think top 10 for me.

For me, the squad last season under performed. Still have done alot better than we did.

The biggest bonus of the summer for me is Us signing Danny Graham. Also think Conway will be key player for Coyle as he wants to play with Wingers.

I haven't got a clue. This league isn't that easy to predict at the best of times, so with a new manager and some players that haven't really played at this level before, where we might finish up is anybody's guess.

Though if I were putting a bet on Rovers, it would be for us to be relegated!

I've seen nothing to convince me we'll improve on last season. We've down graded the manager, coaching team and the squad is currently weaker on last seasons. And with the financial constraints is unlikely to be significantly stronger, but with potential outgoings could be weaker. The only saving grace is there will probably be at least 4 teams worse than Rovers.

So another turgid season waiting for Venkys to either Feck off or put us in administration.

A full season of Graham and Stokes banging them in will be a vast improvement on the Koita's, Brown's, Delf's and the wantaway Rhodes (who stopped scoring when Lambert came in) we had for half of last year. Getting the shamefully neglected Conway back setting up chances will also help (if his legs haven't gone). Feeney wasn't shy in the assists department last season either.

Our defence was good all last season, Coyle needs to leave well alone there. I suppose a lot will depend on if our CB's are sold and if we can replace them adequately.

Our squad as it stands is certainly as good as last seasons and probably a better.

Bowyer (3 wins in 17) and Lambert (no wins in 9, no away wins in 8) both underperformed massively last year, yet we still only finished 5 points off 12th place. If Coyle is in any way an improvement on last season's managers then a top half finish should be easily achievable.

Makes you weep doesn't it? the height of our ambition has been reduced to looking to finish in the top half of the bleedin championship.

The really sad thing is we'll probably not achieve those lofty heights with our captain already half way out of the club and an extremely depleted squad of very average players.

47er is right, you can't make a prediction without knowing who'll be pulling on the shirt come August, but as of today we'll probably go down, we simply don't have the numbers to maintain our league status over the season in my opinion.

#venkysout

The facilities, training ground, stadium etc are all irrelevant if you are run by a set of clueless idiots!

Yes we should be a PL club, with what we have got in place & how well the club was run for the years after Jack's death. We were stable and would still be there today I have no doubt.

Everytime a new manager/player signs here they come out with the same old spiel about us being a PL club. It doesn't seem to stop us underachieving and glorifying mediocrity, though.

A full season of Graham and Stokes banging them in will be a vast improvement on the Koita's, Brown's, Delf's and the wantaway Rhodes (who stopped scoring when Lambert came in) we had for half of last year. Getting the shamefully neglected Conway back setting up chances will also help (if his legs haven't gone). Feeney wasn't shy in the assists department last season either.

Our defence was good all last season, Coyle needs to leave well alone there. I suppose a lot will depend on if our CB's are sold and if we can replace them adequately.

Our squad as it stands is certainly as good as last seasons and probably a better.

Bowyer (3 wins in 17) and Lambert (no wins in 9, no away wins in 8) both underperformed massively last year, yet we still only finished 5 points off 12th place. If Coyle is in any way an improvement on last season's managers then a top half finish should be easily achievable.

Yes he was. 50 appearances, 6 goals, 6 assists.

Archived