BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

all the other clubs are nicely finalizing their squads. Meanwhile, over in our world, whatever world that is, we still cant make a decision on a 36 year old and a trialist, and a player who has been injured most of pre season(Wesley Brown)... Our squad is so thin, and the season starts in a few days, and yet it all seems rosy in certain peoples mind. Player: Hello, is it me you are looking for? Coyle: No, im just standing on the other side

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought the were due to make decision on El Bhaktoui on sunday evening? Apparently he was still training with us today. Seems the closer we get to kick off without signing anyone, the more likely it is we might take a chance on him.

What that says to me is Coyle doesn't think he's good enough, but knows he's probably not gonna sign any better so he's keeping him round just in case.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14655626._It___s_a_massive_year_for_me____Adam_Henley_facing_make_or_break_season_at_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mac]]]

Sounds like Henley is going to be a key part of the team, although having to earn another deal may help him improve. Mind you being first choice right AND left back probably means he's a shoe in for another deal.

(Not forgotten about Lowe or Marshall but Marshall will be needed further forward, whilst Lowe's competition in cm isn't huge - they're all crocks, crap or both. Note I'm not saying Lowe is any good.)

What that says to me is Coyle doesn't think he's good enough, but knows he's probably not gonna sign any better so he's keeping him round just in case.

Not much different to GB panicking and giving those French lower league lads a contract. Bodies for bodies sake.

The Greer signing should help even if we get 20 games out of him ... Proper leader & a talker .... Can't get enough of them .....

FEB not Signing ........Shame really I wanted a Free spirit as a super sub ....

With regards to Kilgallon, it's possible that Bradford gave more cast iron guarantees about game time. At this stage of his career, he probably wants assurances about being first choice, and we couldn't offer him that.

Playing devil's advocate there. I'm not upset with us signing Greer, but I'd rather this was accompanied by another CB signing (preferably someone not in their twilight years!)

El Bakhtaoui is signing for Dundee today it seems, my instinct was he would be worth a shot on low wages but oh well

My thoughts too, but if you're undecided after a two week trial with plenty of match action perhaps its for the best?

Will watch his progress with Dundee with a keen eye.

The Greer signing should help even if we get 20 games out of him ... Proper leader & a talker .... Can't get enough of them .....

FEB not Signing ........Shame really I wanted a Free spirit as a super sub ....

Hopefully he can bring some defensive brains and organisation to those around him, something both Duffy & Hanley lacked at times.

No problem at all with signing Greer if he's replacing Kilgallon as 3rd/4th choice. If the club are seriously expecting him to be a replacement for Hanley whilst Duffy and Ward step up then dear me.

The five minute warning thing is getting boring now. I didn't mind it at first when we were making one or two exciting signings or announcing Lambert as manager but its run its course. Using it to announce Greer on a 12 month deal is just depressing.

Al Bakhtoui confirmed as a Dundee player. Any more trialists lined up?

No offence to the bloke and i hope he does well but i can't muster any enthusiasm for this signing when i know he is Hanley's replacement.

Agreed, we are so thread bare that he will be required to play a high percentage of games and at his age that may be a huge ask, experience wise and for bringing others on I'm happy but to play so many games I'm concerned. I'm still struggling with the fact the season kicks off on Saturday and we literally have two strikers at the club, having seen one be on trial for a few weeks allegedly go off and sign for somebody else today.

No offence to the bloke and i hope he does well but i can't muster any enthusiasm for this signing when i know he is Hanley's replacement.

Pretty much this. If he were to come in as CB #3/4 I'd have no qualms as he seems like a good bloke to have around the club. But let's face it, he is Hanley's replacement and he will battle Ward to start alongside Duffy. Should Shane stay that is...

I'd take Zamora on a free, thought he had some good games for Brighton last season.

Was good against us at Ewood for sure. If we had a team like the one we had a few seasons ago under the right management he would have been just the right type to have about the place even for cameo's.

Agreed, we are so thread bare that he will be required to play a high percentage of games and at his age that may be a huge ask, experience wise and for bringing others on I'm happy but to play so many games I'm concerned. I'm still struggling with the fact the season kicks off on Saturday and we literally have two strikers at the club, having seen one be on trial for a few weeks allegedly go off and sign for somebody else today.

Is that right, who has he signed for?

The age of Greer I'm too concerned about but as a replacement for one of our better younger players... Not having that. That aside, Berg and Short were one of the best centre half partnerships we've had and they were no spring chickens and experience at the back can prove valuable. Reckon it will just be a stop gap until Wharton can make the step up... If he can.

Archived