BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

I moved on to part own another company in july last year as the opportunity and potential of the other company was too good to turn down. It did cause friction as I was a Director at WEC and they didnt want me to leave.

12 months on we have doubled our turnover and already have an order book greater than the last 2 years turnover put together. Which justifies my reasoning

I don't hold grudges, and offered to help in the room Thursday and that offer is stil open.

Rovers til I die

Thanks for the reply Glen.

we need all our best assets being use and all personal grudges have to be forgot. The main goal has to be get rid of the owners and to get us new owners who will run this club in the right way

I think PhilipL would be a great asset to be part of the next committee and has very good business and financial background

I will say this we must do this protest/action to get rid of Venkys by running a positive campaign and nothing negative that the club can exploit and blame the fans.

No abusing, no anti social behaviour, no disputative of non Rovers fans life is a must

we have the media on side and some of the best Sport journalists on side aswell like Henry Winter, Oliver Kay and Andy Dunn(run a piece this piece.) Plus article that was run in the Indian Press today aswell. will post the link soon to this article

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironic.

Although, to be fair to you, you are not alone. The 18/75 movement has not yet got the ear of the Facebookerati who are valiantly ignoring the fact that they are becoming the minority.

Another irony is that those who claim to love the club the most are the one least moved to fight for it's survival.

Im trying my best Stuart ;)

If a alternative programme is produced would it be worth reproducing the articles from the Indian press as well as the times story to make the point to the doubters that it is a real problem and not just a bunch of conspirators .

I think this is the best idea I've read to date in terms of informing and galvanising the local support.

Request copyright use and pull together the best recent articles from the UK and Indian press. To be handed out at the Rotherham and/or Ipswich games. I'll happily stand on a street corner doing this.

Perhaps get a joint statement from all interested supporters groups and also publicise the intentions and actions behind the Wolves protest.

If this were to happen, Paul, it's probably simpler to cherry pick quotes under the writer's byline and use the newspaper's masthead to publicise external media coverage. Getting permission to reproduce articles in full would be very difficult, time-consuming and, possibly, very expensive.

But, I agree with you, a newsletter would be a great hand-out on match days. 4,000 Holes?

All the supporters groups are getting together as we speak to follow up on Thursday's meeting and propose a clear way forward for continuing and escalating the fight for new ownership both in the UK and in India.

There'll be a full update iminently.

If this were to happen, Paul, it's probably simpler to cherry pick quotes under the writer's byline and use the newspaper's masthead to publicise external media coverage. Getting permission to reproduce articles in full would be very difficult, time-consuming and, possibly, very expensive.

But, I agree with you, a newsletter would be a great hand-out on match days. 4,000 Holes?

All the supporters groups are getting together as we speak to follow up on Thursday's meeting and propose a clear way forward for continuing and escalating the fight for new ownership both in the UK and in India.

There'll be a full update iminently.

Still no invite and still no communication, 90% of supporters are not in groups.

Can I ask why my call to be involved is still being ignored?

Have the minutes been released yet from thursdays meeting?

Its a sad state of affairs if after a unity meeting , people are still refusing to work together

If a alternative programme is produced would it be worth reproducing the articles from the Indian press as well as the times story to make the point to the doubters that it is a real problem and not just a bunch of conspirators .

Great idea, but it could be a lot of work for every home game? Do we have the capacity to fill this,edit material and print it etc every home game?

If we do, I suggest getting some local firms to sponsor it-a few adverts. Advertisement and street cred for them plus finance for us...

I can now put this involvement thing to bed,

I have had an email, declining my offer of help which is a shame.

It appears my wish for a task force to be put together, made up of people who want to put the effort in and are elected in by the supporters, was deemed me asking for another group to be formed, which is so far from the truth.

Its my understanding a task force, which is self appointed is just about in place, but my presence is not required.

At no point did I ask for another group to be formed, as we have enough groups. I simply pointed out that the biggest group is the 90% of supporters who are members of no group.

However I will take the decision, in the haste that its been sent,

I will continue working on the initiatives, I'm already on with, with the people who are helping, who want one wish, "Our club to be safe and prosper" In years to come.

Why people cannot work together , is beyond comprehension, however, its my duty as a supporter who can help so much to continue to do so, as to abandon the club and the supporters now, is something I sadly cannot do.

It appears my wish for a task force to be put together, made up of people who want to put the effort in and are elected in by the supporters, was deemed me asking for another group to be formed, which is so far from the truth.

Its my understanding a task force, which is self appointed is just about in place, but my presence is not required.

At no point did I ask for another group to be formed, as we have enough groups. I simply pointed out that the biggest group is the 90% of supporters who are members of no group.

I will continue working on the initiatives, I'm already on with, with the people who are helping, who want one wish, "Our club to be safe and prosper" In years to come.

Why people cannot work together , is beyond comprehension, however, its my duty as a supporter who can help so much to continue to do so, as to abandon the club and the supporters now, is something I sadly cannot do.

What the £$^&? Who's made this decision? Who has taken the moral high ground to decide which supporters can and can't be involved? Disgraceful, anyone willing to offer there help should be invited along to any sort of task force as you say Glen. If we can't all be unified as one we are up sh*t creek big time.

Poor form to say the least. Adults should be able to sit in a room and work things out - especially as the general consensus all over social media and on here is that Glens knowledge, experience and contacts in fighting this are invaluable. And that the documents he procured brought about the resurgence in support for this.

I'd suggest fighting your own battle Glen, with those willing to fight it with you and let them continue their work. Both groups can count on continued support from the rest of us, it's just a shame it couldn't be made as one group.

Almost seems the call for unity redundant.

No doubt one or two of these self appointed leaders made a lot of noise 4 years ago then disappeared only to resurface now the spotlight is on again ?

All this whilst the likes of Glen and some others have been pretty much on it all the time. What's that they say about publicity.....

Very sad outcome Glen.

Keep the faith and the fight!

• Backroom

Absolutely farcical.

This needs sorting out and urgently.

This will cause mass division as I know a lot of people respect Glen massively, leaving him out is suicide for BRFCAG and The Rovers Trust.

Perhaps someone other than Glen should contact those who were sat at the 'Top Table' at the 'Unite' meeting and ask them to clarify as to why Glen Mullan has been excluded.

It all seems extremely odd when it is Glen who has been at the front of this for years and is currently in direct contact with the media like Oliver Kay, the Indian press etc etc.

The 'Top Table' presumably have a reason which I am sure the ordinary Fanbase would like to know.

Otherwise this debacle of ironically ''too many Chiefs and not enough Indians'' is just playing into the owners hands.

It kind of answers why Wayne Wild appeared to back away from a leadership role at the 'Unite' meeting very early on.....................and left his seat with unusual haste at the end. Feathers ruffled methinks.

It does indeed seem strange that a group of groups has arbitrarily decided to omit people out of hand. Who has given these people that power and who is actually calling the shots. There has to be someone at the top bringing things together so who is the driving force? Is it the Trust?

Perhaps someone other than Glen should contact those who were sat at the 'Top Table' at the 'Unite' meeting and ask them to clarify as to why Glen Mullan has been excluded.

It all seems extremely odd when it is Glen who is in direct contact with the media like Oliver Kay, the Indian press etc etc.

The 'Top Table' presumably have a reason which I am sure the ordinary Fanbase would like to know.

Otherwise this debacle of ironically ''too many Chiefs and not enough Indians'' is just playing into the owners hands.

A few from that top table post on here. Perhaps they'd like to expand on the reasons Glens help was refused

Archived