BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Joe Rothwell

2 hours ago, JAL said:

How many have signed full time after their loan period ran out. 

Cairney..... Gestede.... 

2 hours ago, JAL said:

Any Rovers fan... should not.... be expecting loan players !

You can shove your loan players up your arse.

We are the Rovers !

It’s part of the game, so much of the talent is dragged upwards towards u23 teams, look at the horde some prem clubs loan out.

To ignore it is barmy. Watford practically loaned their way out of the league.

1 hour ago, JAL said:

Then Is it not fair to ask better of them then.

You invest to speculate is it that their associates at the club aren't that good thus we see Burnley outperforming us season after season which isn't acceptable in my book.

What book is that, the “Jal’s big book of BS”?

If I wasn’t in such a jovial mood I’d simply ignore your absolute rambling nonsense. Good day sir.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Biz said:

Cairney..... Gestede.... 

It’s part of the game, so much of the talent is dragged upwards towards u23 teams, look at the horde some prem clubs loan out.

To ignore it is barmy. Watford practically loaned their way out of the league.

Good day sir.

All your doing is accepting im simply not .It's not rambling it's that you've become an accepting monkey to these practices and thus willingly buy the ticket.

We differ.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAL said:

After 30 years under Blackurnian control we always bettered Burnley and that's what we dont have currently under these shysters were lagging behind.

No true Rovers fan should be accepting this.

Oh yeah that's the most despicable thing imaginable isn't it having horizons and ambitions beyond East Lancashire? That's been one of the digs at me for years certainly after Jack died though like everything else it really started with me seeing right through the (Walker family influenced) trustees and the whole "domino effect" of criticism/frustration that caused which instigated so many of the other arguments including this one. Tell me when Jack Walker mentioned them while he was owner? I can't remember one time. What 30 years under Blackburnian control are you talking about exactly? The club hasn't been under control of a Blackburnian for 18 years (don't even dare call the trustees that and the people running the club day to day were not locals either) though prior to that I'm sure it was always people with local interests/ties. Bill Fox certainly was and I'm pretty damn sure Bancroft, Keighley were as well as was Cotton decades before that. Of course that's no different to the vast majority of clubs in the top couple of leagues at least. The majority had local ownership up until the past couple of decades.

How have they bettered Rovers in any way? What because of 2 years where they haven't been relegated from the EPL? Are you that much of a baby that you can't take one of their fans trying to wind you up? I wouldn't even bother to laugh in their face never mind get worked up about it. Seriously your self esteem is that low that you can't take some mockery from a club that's done F all compared to this one during most of their lifes? There's not one thing they can mock Rovers for and you don't even need to make up childish nonsense to mock them. Their boring name alone is enough. I guess some of them chant tasteless stuff about Jack but really would he have cared about that more than some of the other stuff that's happened with his family, etc? I doubt it would have even hit his radar.

Sure you will come up with the usual retort (which you only know about to begin with based on what I've said yet embellish and make out as if it was so much more) but some people said I wasn't a "real fan" before that anyway. Especially in summer 2011 as I recall all too painfully. So what else is new? Look I'm sticking around (and damn sure won't be going anywhere else and even during vast majority of my "sitout period" so to speak I didn't anyway) but really do have to ask myself why I post on here. I'm done defending and explaining myself especially when others won't hold themselves to account for anything. I'm not the bad guy and barring a couple of notable exceptions (not you JAL for the record) neither are most people on here. Venkys and the WFIT (plus Anderson, Kean, etc) are the true bad guys over the past 18 years.

Burnley have only been "above" Rovers because of Venkys anyway. Rovers were already above them before Jack bought the club. It damn sure wasn't Jack's fault for instance when they nearly lost their football league status he wasn't even Rovers owner then. They didn't reach the EPL in the 1990's that had sod all to do with Jack either. We will never know what may have happened otherwise will we (well winning the EPL in all likelihood wouldn't have happened but promotion might have) so what's the point of discussing it?

Edited by Vinjay17

2 hours ago, JAL said:

After 30 years under Blackurnian control we always bettered Burnley and that's what we dont have currently under these shysters were lagging behind.

13 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Oh yeah that's the most despicable thing imaginable isn't it having horizons and ambitions beyond East Lancashire? That's been one of the digs at me for years certainly after Jack died though like everything else it really started with me seeing right through the (Walker family influenced) trustees and the whole "domino effect" of criticism/frustration that caused which instigated so many of the other arguments including this one. Tell me when Jack Walker mentioned them while he was owner? I can't remember one time. What 30 years under Blackburnian control are you talking about exactly? The club hasn't been under control of a Blackburnian for 18 years (don't even dare call the trustees that and the people running the club day to day were not locals either) though prior to that I'm sure it was always people with local interests/ties. Bill Fox certainly was and I'm pretty damn sure Bancroft, Keighley were as well as was Cotton decades before that. Of course that's no different to the vast majority of clubs in the top couple of leagues at least. The majority had local ownership up until the past couple of decades.

How have they bettered Rovers in any way? What because of 2 years where they haven't been relegated from the EPL? Are you that much of a baby that you can't take one of their fans trying to wind you up? I wouldn't even bother to laugh in their face never mind get worked up about it. Seriously your self esteem is that low that you can't take some mockery from a club that's done F all compared to this one during most of their lifes? There's not one thing they can mock Rovers for and you don't even need to make up childish nonsense to mock them. Their boring name alone is enough. I guess some of them chant tasteless stuff about Jack but really would he have cared about that more than some of the other stuff that's happened with his family, etc? I doubt it would have even hit his radar.

Sure you will come up with the usual retort (which you only know about to begin with based on what I've said yet embellish and make out as if it was so much more) but some people said I wasn't a "real fan" before that anyway. Especially in summer 2011 as I recall all too painfully. So what else is new? Look I'm sticking around (and damn sure won't be going anywhere else and even during vast majority of my "sitout period" so to speak I didn't anyway) but really do have to ask myself why I post on here.

Fantastic post Vinjay, you and JAL, should buy a house together, perhaps share a season ticket.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAL said:

So are you saying that if we don't kick up a fuss, man the barricades, protest at every match, we're not true Rovers fans. If people want to watch Rovers, that's their prerogative. I tried protesting and if there was a decent protest movement with a clear agreed focus I still would, but that ship has sailed. So what else is there to do but watch matches if you want to, support the decent manager we now have and the decent players he's brought in. They are not superstars and are probably not what we need in most cases if we want to move up the leagues, but they work hard and give their best, something that can't be said of many players recently. I don't accept that our rightful place is lower championship. It's mid table premiership in my book with the odd decent cup runs, but for now we are where we are and nothing we can do can change that. It's not resignation. It's just deciding to shelve grievances for a while. They're still there. Next time Venkys mess up, they'll come to the fore again, but there is no way our grievances impact on them. 

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 1

On 24/06/2018 at 20:30, gumboots said:

So are you saying that if we don't kick up a fuss, man the barricades, protest at every match, we're not true Rovers fans. If people want to watch Rovers, that's their prerogative. I tried protesting and if there was a decent protest movement with a clear agreed focus I still would, but that ship has sailed. So what else is there to do but watch matches if you want to, support the decent manager we now have and the decent players he's brought in. They are not superstars and are probably not what we need in most cases if we want to move up the leagues, but they work hard and give their best, something that can't be said of many players recently. I don't accept that our rightful place is lower championship. It's mid table premiership in my book with the odd decent cup runs, but for now we are where we are and nothing we can do can change that. It's not resignation. It's just deciding to shelve grievances for a while. They're still there. Next time Venkys mess up, they'll come to the fore again, but there is no way our grievances impact on them. 

Are you telling me that one can't question everything but just accept ?

Edited by JAL

We all have questions and we don't support every decision made or go into raptures about every signing, or most of us don't. However nor do most of us merely criticise and snipe all the time either. Question what people think a player will bring to the team by all means. I don't know what Rothwell will bring, if anything. But to have a go at fellow fans lack of ambition just because they're trying to see what he might bring and see our first signing, hopefully not our only one, in a positive light is not constructive debate. 

2 hours ago, bob fleming said:

Fantastic post Vinjay, you and JAL, should buy a house together, perhaps share a season ticket.

Not with the new turnstiles. Vinje would be red flagged when he tried to get in on JAL’s concession ticket.

• 1 month later...

What a player we have picked up here. It’s early days but soon we talking about building a team around this lad. If not already!

I didn’t see a weakness in his game tonight.

His work rate, reading of the game, pace, tackling, first touch, composure, passing were all top drawer. He was the best player in both halves. He could be the hub with Evans as his foil and, Dack, Lenihan and Graham making a flux-capacitor-shaped spine.

Best performance I’m seen from a Rovers player in a long long time.

Reminds me of a young Matheu Flamini.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

What a player we have picked up here. It’s early days but soon we talking about building a team around this lad. If not already!

His work rate, reading of the game, pace, tackling, first touch, composure, passing were all top drawer. He was the best player in both halves. He could be the hub with Evans as his foil and, Dack, Lenihan and Graham making a flux-capacitor-shaped spine.

Where we're going, we don't need Rhodes.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

He was fantastic tonight. Really enjoyed watching his performance.

He was everywhere, strong running, good tackling, solid with his passing and can get forward and shoot. Excellent all around performance. Hopefully this is just the start. How we’ve missed midfielders like this in blue and white!

• Like 1

A five man midfield with Evans and Rothwell holding, while Dack, Palmer and Armstrong fill the more advanced roles has the promise of being pretty bloody good at this level.

Also presumably Davenport comes in somewhere when fit too. And Bennett is a hard man to drop.

Edited by joey_big_nose

41 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Yes Stuart we have pick up a really good player. Your post is spot on. Would like to next to Evans on Saturday subject to injuries and new signings

Top class this lad. Kept speaking about him all the way home from Hull and he only played about 20 mins there!

You can definitely see why United wanted to keep him. A very modern centre midfielder, based on that performance he seems to have everything. His touch and technique when striking the ball is top class. Certainly not out of place in this league. Tony must be chuffed to its at pulling that signing off... Just shows that massive fee's don't always guarantee quality. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

When moved into the middle tonight he looked really good, really tidy player. Dropped deep and always made him self available, looked to drive forward. Impressive. Absolutely Wasted on the left mind. Play him in the middle or not at all.