BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

44 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Isn’t the phrase Happy Clappers a tad dated now on the back of a promotion season, given there were 27,000 of them on the ground last game we played?

but Doom Monger is OK? :huh:

4 hours ago, Buckshaw Rover said:

How has this information come about?

Hes a Rovers fan and season ticket holder. Says he kmows someone at Brockhall.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You think theres truth in a totally random, innocious statement such as that? 

Well he is a Rovers fan and season ticket holder. 

Lets wait and see whether his info is good or bad. 

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

God knows mate. Don’t even know if it’s true. Suppose Waghorn who I guess fits the remit. Based on the last couple of days, the rest are beneath us. He’s openly said he wants better than them!

Guess we find out shortly. 

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

All I keep thinking is how much we took quality players and multi-million pound signings for granted in the pre-Venky era.  What I'd give for an Emerton, Nelsen, MPG, or even Jason Roberts now - never mind Bellamy and Santa Cruz.

Don't, it's painful. I remember at the time wanting us to be better though, the 6th place finishes, FA Cup semi, UEFA Cup runs etc were great but I wanted us to kick on. What a spoilt fucking brat was I, I'd kill for a 10th of all that now. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hes a Rovers fan and season ticket holder. Says he kmows someone at Brockhall.

Well he is a Rovers fan and season ticket holder. 

Lets wait and see whether his info is good or bad. 

Guess we find out shortly. 

I am a Rovers fan and season ticket holder who knows someone at Brockhall. Doesn't mean I know what I am talking about. I would take his statement with a pinch of salt. I would imagine with how tight things have been surrounding the transfers at the club thus far that he's making it up otherwise he'd have had knowledge like this all window.

Anyway, wouldn't like Waghorn - don't think he is good enough but again, this is probably BS aswell.

Edited by Ruaney

1 hour ago, Ruaney said:

I am a Rovers fan and season ticket holder who knows someone at Brockhall. Doesn't mean I know what I am talking about. I would take his statement with a pinch of salt. I would imagine with how tight things have been surrounding the transfers at the club thus far that he's making it up otherwise he'd have had knowledge like this all window.

Anyway, wouldn't like Waghorn - don't think he is good enough but again, this is probably BS aswell.

Do whatever you want to do Ruaney I aint interest. 

Waghorn not good enough.16 goals and 13 assists last seaon? Thats would suggest to me he's good enough

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Waghorn not good enough.16 goals and 13 assists last seaon? Thats would suggest to me he's good enough

One good season and he’s 28 suggests he’s not good enough. Wonder season?

7 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Isn’t the phrase Happy Clappers a tad dated now on the back of a promotion season, given there were 27,000 of them on the ground last game we played?

There would have been a few thousand doom-mongers too, proving the term is redundant.

The point of my original post, which I'd hoped was obvious is that these sorts of terms are provocative, decisive,inappropriate and so on.

I'll be delighted if this transfer window were, in the end, successful and if it isn't I'd hope everyone else would be critical to an appropriate degree.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Well if we are making a signing pre Ipswich, you would guess today is the day as I imagine the squad will travel down tomorrow. 

I'd be shocked if we did anything today, everything points to a mad scramble on Wednesday & Thursday next week in my opinion. Big T holding out for his A's & B's before we jump to the J list at 11pm on Thursday, end up with Beevers and Jason fucking Lowe as Bolton have realised his touch is further than the rest of their squad can kick it. 

• Moderation Lead
47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bit sassy that, Chaddy.....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 4

• Moderation Lead

Right, re the 'happy clappers'/'doom mongers' debate....

Can we discuss why we disagree with people, instead of labelling en masse? It's getting very tiresome. Every single supporter is different and no doubt has their reasons for believing as they believe.

The season starts on Saturday, so we'll most likely have something tangible to be happy/sad about then!

Thanks ladies and gents.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Zach Clough getting mention as this player who the tweet refer too..how true I have no idea

Definitely appears to be on his way out of Forest.

Interestingly, Bolton fans don't seem enormously keen on bring him back either. Can't have impressed much on loan if he's gone from their only real asset to not worth his place for relegation favourites in a couple of years.

Having said that, he strikes me as a player similar to Armstrong, in that he's clearly not going to get a kick for a Parkinson side, doesn't make him a bad player. Would be pretty happy if we could get him on the cheap. 

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

There would have been a few thousand doom-mongers too, proving the term is redundant.

The point of my original post, which I'd hoped was obvious is that these sorts of terms are provocative, decisive,inappropriate and so on.

I'll be delighted if this transfer window were, in the end, successful and if it isn't I'd hope everyone else would be critical to an appropriate degree.

Nail...head...

Wasn't Murphy the one who Bowyer was set to sign in a deal poss worth up to a million but Leeds jumped in and he chose them because of the big crowds etc ?

Think we dodged a bullet there tbh and anyone who might have attitude problems doesn't fit in with TMs way.

26 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Definitely appears to be on his way out of Forest.

Interestingly, Bolton fans don't seem enormously keen on bring him back either. Can't have impressed much on loan if he's gone from their only real asset to not worth his place for relegation favourites in a couple of years.

Having said that, he strikes me as a player similar to Armstrong, in that he's clearly not going to get a kick for a Parkinson side, doesn't make him a bad player. Would be pretty happy if we could get him on the cheap. 

When I used to work in football doing a bit of match reporting, I used to get a lot of Bolton games at the Macron (university of Bolton stadium as it's called now) and saw a lot of Clough, that was when they were in the championship before they went down, he was a pleasure to watch and was by far the best player they had at the club. He's different to anything we have at Rovers now, but I wouldn't say he's someone who is going to score 20 odd goals a season. I would be delighted if we signed him, just needs a manager like Mowbray.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I'd be shocked if we did anything today, everything points to a mad scramble on Wednesday & Thursday next week in my opinion. Big T holding out for his A's & B's before we jump to the J list at 11pm on Thursday, end up with Beevers and Jason fucking Lowe as Bolton have realised his touch is further than the rest of their squad can kick it. 

I had not realised that the loan window is open until 31 august so maybe we have a loan list that is not priority at the moment just trying to get the  permanent signings sorted first.

6 minutes ago, AAK said:

When I used to work in football doing a bit of match reporting, I used to get a lot of Bolton games at the Macron (university of Bolton stadium as it's called now) and saw a lot of Clough, that was when they were in the championship before they went down, he was a pleasure to watch and was by far the best player they had at the club. He's different to anything we have at Rovers now, but I wouldn't say he's someone who is going to score 20 odd goals a season. I would be delighted if we signed him, just needs a manager like Mowbray.

Is he better than Dack though ? Could you play both in the same team ?