BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Crazy how football is a game of opinions, some you value, some you don't. For example, I value the opinion of Pep Guardiola (multiple champions league winner, best ever PL finish x 2 years in a row, won everything as a player and a coach and universally respected by players, fans and managers alike) way more than I value the opinion of "MDavis1414" (Has a picture of him holding a pimms and lemonade in a holiday resort pool, and likes the Miami Dolphins).

See what I'm getting at?

Yeah, winning the 5th most aerial duels in the league isn't that imposing at the air - you're right. Yeah, being either footed is ungainly and clumsy - you're right. Fuck the stats, opinions of professionals, roversfan99 as it nailed down because of two appearances he's seen on Sky, and that's the reason this signing isn't impressive and why a 6 foot 5 lad who has secured a professional contract at the best team in the country is otherwise known as "Bambi on ice".

You are totally twisting my words, I never said they are more important but these fans have seen him week in week out, and I have seen him myself a few times, 2 important things to base my post on.

If you dont value the opinions of other supporters, and are being so incredibly rude and patronising about them, why do you come on here in the first place? 

The whole managers know more than your strawman argument essentially invalidates any need or purpose for supporters having opinions of their owns and sharing them on a messageboard. Ive never, and no one has ever claimed that they have a fraction of the knowledge of Guardiola.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Harry The Bass said:

I thought the original quote was about Downing from TMs interview.

Plus I don’t subscribe to the ever basic “square pegs” idea, and whilst Nyambe is very much the future, Benno isn't a bad option at FB in my opinion. Gets unnecessary stick. Far better reader/passer/crosser of a ball than Nyambe, who’s a better defender, stronger and faster. Both decent options, and I’d guess Bennett’s a good mentor too.

Mulgrews at the end of his career, but I’d personally suggest there’s still a place for him in the squad - just not first choice. Maybe that’s why we’ve been looking for new defenders?

I wouldn’t be surprised or upset to see him start the season though, especially since Williams is injured and “Ad” only just turned up.

Nyambe is a full back and Bennett isn’t, therefore Nyambe should be starting there. 

We agree on Mulgrew, so you could have saved yourself such a long post...

• Like 4

Adarabioyo eventually signing is decent enough, but doesn’t go far enough to addressing our defensive frailties in my opinion. A proven no nonsense centre back still needed. A dominant leader who wins headers and we might do something this season. We also need Mowbray to wise up to Bennett not being a full back too. 

Still fully expect us to line up with the same back 4 that started against Rangers against Charlton. Which is utterly ludicrous.

“It might take him a little while, a couple of weeks to get to grips with the team, but then he’ll be looking to force his way into the side.” - Mowbray on Adarabioyo.

Hopefully it will be Lenihan’s place he is pushing for, because we need a centre back better at defending than anyone currently on the books to make this much talked about assault on the playoffs.

• Like 1

Honestly not sure why anyone would give  a rat's arse about what wba fans think. One loan is completely different to the next. He is older and more mature and who the hell knows if he has improved. For one he is now at CB his proper place, I will only judge him from how he plays for us. We needed a cb and we got one. Now one more and let's go!!!

• Like 1

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Honestly not sure why anyone would give  a rat's arse about what wba fans think. One loan is completely different to the next. He is older and more mature and who the hell knows if he has improved. For one he is now at CB his proper place, I will only judge him from how he plays for us. We needed a cb and we got one. Now one more and let's go!!!

No one has suggested that they wont judge him in a Rovers shirt, but as with any signing, people want to know what sort of player we are getting and how hes done and been received at previous clubs. Makes sense to me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

They have made it known to a few that they would be willing to do a deal for wingers and keepers, they aren’t pressing hard but in the last week if clubs look to shift a few in/out they will be happy to pick up any bargains. Still a few to come is my prediction. I’d be surprised if we only do one loan 

Reid maybe?

From the club website:

'So will Adarabioyo be thrown straight in against Charlton Athletic for the opening game of the season? The boss added that the youngster may well have to wait.

' "It may take him a couple of weeks to get to grips with the team but then he'll be looking to force his way into the side." '

It's TM's mantra, isn't it? I bet he'd use exactly the same phrase if we'd signed, say, Messi, or Bale!

• Like 5

Signing this guy means nothing if we don’t get another centre half in. We also need another left back, but that’s not happening. One of the foreign CHs mentioned signing would mean we’ve had a decent(ish) window, as of now we’ve had a poor one.

• Like 3

Just now, m1st said:

From the club website:

'So will Adarabioyo be thrown straight in against Charlton Athletic for the opening game of the season? The boss added that the youngster may well have to wait.

' "It may take him a couple of weeks to get to grips with the team but then he'll be looking to force his way into the side." '

It's TM's mantra, isn't it? I bet he'd use exactly the same phrase if we'd signed, say, Messi, or Bale!

Two weeks until he can even be considered for selection, more Tony shite.

• Like 1

Just now, m1st said:

From the club website:

Well at this stage it would be crazy to drop the club captain for a guy we signed on loan 2 days before the game. 

Whatever about Mulgrew, it would not be a good idea to have Lenihan playing with a new partner he barely knows. Even if Adarabioyo is a better player than Mulgrew. 

It isn't FIFA 19 lads.....

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 4

Just now, RV Blue said:

Signing this guy means nothing if we don’t get another centre half in. We also need another left back, but that’s not happening. One of the foreign CHs mentioned signing would mean we’ve had a decent(ish) window, as of now we’ve had a poor one.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Jesus, what would you want for a "decent" window if signing another centre half doesn't get to that level at least. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Nyambe is a full back and Bennett isn’t, therefore Nyambe should be starting there. 

We agree on Mulgrew, so you could have saved yourself such a long post...

That sort of simplistic argument isn’t going to achieve anything but shut down discussion.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You are totally twisting my words, I never said they are more important but these fans have seen him week in week out, and I have seen him myself a few times, 2 important things to base my post on.

If you dont value the opinions of other supporters, and are being so incredibly rude and patronising about them, why do you come on here in the first place? 

The whole managers know more than your strawman argument essentially invalidates any need or purpose for supporters having opinions of their owns and sharing them on a messageboard. Ive never, and no one has ever claimed that they have a fraction of the knowledge of Guardiola.

Nah, not this time, you don't get away with that. It's the go to argument of those that incessantly place a negative slant on anything the club does in the name of "debate". I have no issue with you putting up your opinion but if it flies in the face of what professionals are saying, and has no basis except some bloke on twitter, then expect it to be treated with the same derision.

• Like 1

Just now, RV Blue said:

Two weeks until he can even be considered for selection, more Tony shite.

It's not exactly uncommon for new players not to be thrown in the first game after they've signed. Santa-Cruz didn't get in before Roberts straight away!

• Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

As crazy as lining up with the same defence that shipped 69 goals last season?

It isn't the same though as there is a new goalkeeper. 

Ideally we would have gotten the City guy in earlier so he could have trained properly and staked a claim for a starting place. Suggesting we just drop Mulgrew for Saturdays game and criticizing Mowbray for not doing so is stupid. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well at this stage it would be crazy to drop the club captain for a guy we signed on loan 2 days before the game. 

Whatever about Mulgrew, it would not be a good idea to have Lenihan playing with a new partner he barely knows. Even if Adarabioyo is a better player than Mulgrew. 

It isn't FIFA 19 lads.....

It would be crazy to start as bad a defender as Mulgrew. It is crazy to pick Bennett at right back ahead of Nyambe. 

Pre-emptively defending Mowbray’s silly decisions is crazy too.

• Like 4

Just now, RV Blue said:

I don't think we have had a poor window at all look at other clubs in this division and compare windows. 

Just now, Miller11 said:

It would be crazy to start as bad a defender as Mulgrew. It is crazy to pick Bennett at right back ahead of Nyambe. 

Pre-emptively defending Mowbray’s silly decisions is crazy too.

I am saying that you can't sign a lad on loan 2 days before a game and drop him in instead of your club captain. Surely not that difficult to grasp? 

I didn't say anything about Nyambe or Bennett either so not sure what you're lobbing that in for 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Simmer down a little lads. Haven't needed to do much moderation on this thread lately and it would be nice to keep it that way. 

I wouldn't expect the City lad to start against Charlton considering we've only just brought him in, but this is why I really wanted defensive reinforcements in ASAP. Attackers/midfielders could wait a little longer, as we already have options there, but defence was a major priority and it's a shame any we now bring in aren't going to be integrated until we've played at least two or three matches, if not more. Still, it is what it is and hopefully it won't have too much of an impact on us. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

As crazy as lining up with the same defence that shipped 69 goals last season?

To be fair our defence was pretty good at ewood. It was away we pooped the bed

• Like 4