BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fixtures 2019/2020

With the dingles starting there season at home on Saturday 10th August, it looks like we'll be at home on the opening weekend (3rd August)

Also looks like a home game on Boxing Day, away on New Years day, and away on the final day of the season if it falls on the same weekend as last season.

Fixtures released next Thursday (20th) at 9am.

• Like 1

Good spot

First time we'll have started the season at home since Norwich (h) 6/8/16 - 1-4 loss: Stokes

First home Boxing Day fixture (which I must admit, I always prefer a Boxing Day home vs. a New Years Day home) since Rochdale (h) 26/12/17 - 2-0 win: Dack, Mulgrew pen.

Burnley are away on 21st December and at home on 28th December, so Rovers will probably have 21st December/Boxing Day (home) and 28th December and New Years Day (away)

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Wigan away midweek AGAIN!

Too much to ask that our only two Lancs away games can be on a weekend?

I don’t care I’m never going there again, in my last 4 visits there I’ve seen us draw once and get absolutely smashed 3 times. I’m not going there again the place is cursed ?

45 minutes ago, philipl said:

As I pointed out on the other thread, we get a nightmare August and the prospect of three relegation six pointers to finish off with.

Or we get off to a great start, and clinch promotion with a game to go. Then a massive following to Luton for a party.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Wigan away midweek AGAIN!

Too much to ask that our only two Lancs away games can be on a weekend?

Which flies in the face of the perverse rationale to play local derbies at weekends and long, arduous away matches in midweek to maximise income.

It seems like they make it up sometimes.

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Charlton at home to kick things off.

Birmingham Home Boxing Day.

Nottingham Forest away New Years day.

Cardiff away & WBA home over Easter.

Luton away on the final day.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/matches/fixtures/

First up isn't a good time to play a newly promoted team. They'll have a full squad and confidence will still be high from the previous season. You're better off playing them when they've lost a few through injuries and suspensions plus when they've taken a few bangings !

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

First up isn't a good time to play a newly promoted team. They'll have a full squad and confidence will still be high from the previous season. You're better off playing them when they've lost a few through injuries and suspensions plus when they've taken a few bangings !

If we win it is.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We should smash em with Tony's new team.