GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

33 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

"Name one" to "name one we could sign now" is changing the question.

Ok if bigdogg can’t change the question, perhaps I can ask a fresh one?

@Amo can you name a “cheap, low risk signing who can contribute” that we should go for?

This topic has become a load of nonsense. I saw 10 pages of unread posts but the vast majority is taken up with willy waving and attention seeking from a pretend ITK who demands respect, and a circular argument about whether TM is using transfer funds effectively 😩

Maybe we can end the circular argument now @Amo, give us the benefit of your transfer knowledge now and blow Tony Mowbray out of the water for once and for all.

23 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

Knew about a league one team but not Barnsley. Did not know about Mulgrew either.

Thanks for the info and keep up the good work. Always read your posts with excitement 🙌

I’m actually wondering whether you and bbrovers are the same person? Mods is there any way to check?

Just now, The Hypnotic said:

I’m actually wondering whether you and bbrovers are the same person? Mods is there any way to check?

Analyse the writing and you will get the answer. Or maybe I/we are that good....?🤔

Maybe we should just have a rule where we say, if you have info of a potential incoming, unless you can reveal a name - perhaps don't get everyone excited about it with little details whatsoever and then get really angry at everyone when they question you on who it is... and when you fail to provide a name people then question your credibility.

A circle of toxicity that starts with posting half a story... I'd much rather know nothing than 1/4 of the information and be left in the dark.

But that's just my 2p.

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, we've got 2 on here saying they know stuff, neither will say any names or anything.....what a crock of shyte.

I'd rather you both stopped trying to measure willy's and admit you're as clueless as the rest of us. 

My breaking of 

gallagher, Armstrong, 

interest backed up by media of

curtis, Martinez, sinclair

and breaking of 

mulgrew leaving 

suggests not. But let’s not let facts get in the way. 
why would I create another account? What benefit would I get from that.

had links to the club since the jack walker days when I knew his sister and brother in law. Lived in a place called lennoxtown. Somebody might be able to verify that. His name was frank. Hence then getting to know some rovers admin, some of which are still there.

sigh. Having to verify again. Some of you deserve nothing 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Some of you deserve nothing 

Dude, you're taking it way too seriously? Genuinely sounds like you'd be much better off saving yourself the stress of all this and keeping the juicy stuff for you and your pals. It seems to cause Eastenders amounts of drama...

Just now, JoeH said:

Dude, you're taking it way too seriously? Genuinely sounds like you'd be much better off saving yourself the stress of all this and keeping the juicy stuff for you and your pals. It seems to cause Eastenders amounts of drama...

Not taking it seriously at all, I get asked for leads, I give leads and then get criticised for it. But your right , maybe it just isn’t worth the hassle. 

Not taking it seriously at all, I get asked for leads, I give leads and then get criticised for it. But your right , maybe it just isn’t worth the hassle. 

It probably isn't.

If it's too early to name names, then personally I wouldn't bother.
I had the Kendal Calling line-up three hours early yesterday, released at 6pm - had it at 3pm - didn't bother hopping on socials and saying "If you like the Phonics I'm fairly sure you'll be happy soon - but I can't say much more". It is what it is and you do you but genuinely seems like its causing you more personal stress than its worth.

58 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Mowbray can be a good manager whilst being an awful negotiator. I can't think of many other clubs where the manager has a role in negotiating transfers  but then with Venkys we arent the typical club

This is one of our big problems at the min TM is the manager not the coach....... so in affect both him and wiggnot are making all the decisions and Turkey's down vote for Christmas..... it's clear both bretherton and big sam was not TMs signings 

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

It probably isn't.

If it's too early to name names, then personally I wouldn't bother.
I had the Kendal Calling line-up three hours early yesterday, released at 6pm - had it at 3pm - didn't bother hopping on socials and saying "If you like the Phonics I'm fairly sure you'll be happy soon - but I can't say much more". It is what it is and you do you but genuinely seems like its causing you more personal stress than its worth.

Don’t always get names, in fact it’s pretty rare, do get told of deals being close etc, which is then given likewise by the club. Names are kept secret for a reason 

Tbh I quite like any links from anyone as it breaks from the boredom of the venkys ffp why ar we not using the youngsters/ we are using the youngsters to quickly arguments

An example of why names aren’t given out like sweets- John mcginn. Leaked and we lost out, we were 70% down the line with that one

An example of why names aren’t given out like sweets- John mcginn. Leaked and we lost out, we were 70% down the line with that one

That would have been some signing

9 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

What I would suggest is ignoring the criticism. Post info on a take it or leave it basis (answering polite questions if able) and ignore anyone who doesn't believe it. It's not your problem whether they do or don't, and you just get embroiled in a pointless circular argument.

It's just strangers on the internet after all, and strangers on the internet like to get testy with people in ways they wouldn't in person, due to the internet being impersonal.

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Always the case on here mate. Everyone who knows anything eventually gets chased off because ultimately this is a place for people to vent. They don’t want to know the truth. 

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

100% not having that it was the leak that scuppered the deal. Rovers were credited with interest ages before he signed for Villa. The club failed to make the most of being first in line and paying the money they wanted for him. Why that is, is anybody's guess. We were crying out for a player like him. Seem to remember Mowbray backing the likes of Smallwood to continue his fine work from L1 at the time. He probably thought we didn't need him. Look at how that has turned out. 

Edited by RoverKyle

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yup well done , proves my point brilliantly 

Bbrovers2288- don’t be put off by a couple of voices . It’s what happens on forums of this nature especially when folk are exasperated at what’s going on and fuelled by idiotic comments from Mowbray .

i welcome your insight as I’m sure do many others .

you really think john mcginn would sign for blackburn over aston villa😏

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I honestly don't think a leak on a minor messageboard would have scuppered that deal. Weren't Rovers haggling over the fee and Villa just decided to pay it?

Keep up the good work by the way. 

2 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

100% not having that it was the leak that scuppered the deal. Rovers were credited with interest ages before he signed for Villa. The club failed to make the most of being first in line and paying the money they wanted for him. Why that is, is anybody's guess. We were crying out for a player like him. Seem to remember Mowbray backing the likes of Smallwood to continue his fine work from L1 at the time. He probably thought we didn't need him. Look at how that has turned out. 

The summer we agreed the 7 million brereton deal and had freeman rejected for 5 million? The money wasn’t an issue.  The rovers credit with interest is the leak 🤷‍♂️

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I honestly don't think a leak on a minor messageboard would have scuppered that deal. Weren't Rovers haggling over the fee and Villa just decided to pay it?

Keep up the good work by the way. 

Leak was from the media. 100% media read club message boards . I have tested it. Not that I’m saying that’s where it came from In that instance, I was merely meaning leaks in general.

but thanks for the support - appreciated