Jump to content
GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

Recommended Posts

Last January was Nativity

This time it's criminal. Surrendering any chance of the playoffs isn't exactly what the fans are looking for.

TM's excuses will be recycled from last year and we will inevitably start building for next season mid February!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

If FFP is as dire as they will use the excuse now, then why the actual fuck have you opted to recall Mulgrew and his £16k a week, and not loaned out expensive flops/backups on loan like Smallwood, Samuel, Chapman and Brereton.

That's what, minimum (generous) £50k a week.

Clueless. 

 Rovers didn't recall Mulgrew, he chose to come back himself even though he wouldn't get game time. 

As for the others, they were touted around but you can't make other clubs buy them

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mercer said:

Shajan and their chips you seem to savour?

Going in there later, buy you a pint if you are there?

You and chaddy having a Brexit party?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

I never believed so count my reputation as intact...

Well hoo ha ...I thought same about your groundbait ..tbh  Intact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this means Big chance for Chapman, Davenport, Buckley, Thompson, Brereton and Rankin-Costello to be in match day squad. 

Also Magloire and Mulgrew to fight for a first team place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

I don't realllly think they make a living out of it ..so basically wont give a f*ck ..but kept you and the rest  of us hooked ..whos reputation is ruined  ..ours . .?

Im hooked aswell. Just telling what ive been told, for example Lamptey, my guy was 100 % right on that one. The story about Brighton broke the day after. The only issue I have with that is that that could have been a done deal a week ago. If Mowbray would have said "Yes, we will pay you this small fee if he doesn't play a certain numbers of games " He would be in our squad now. Matter of principal by Mowbray but not a good negotiation-plan 

Edited by Dave574

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been at work all day ... Please don't make me read through 200+ comments ... Brief summary anybody??  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AJW said:

Been at work all day ... Please don't make me read through 200+ comments ... Brief summary anybody??  

 

nowt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AJW said:

Been at work all day ... Please don't make me read through 200+ comments ... Brief summary anybody??  

 

Fuck all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AJW said:

Been at work all day ... Please don't make me read through 200+ comments ... Brief summary anybody??  

 

Nobody in. Nobody out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

Im hooked aswell. Just telling what ive been told, for example Lamptey, my guy was 100 % right on that one. The story about Brighton broke the day after. The only issue I have with that is that that could have been a done deal a week ago. If Mowbray would have said "Yes, we will pay you this small fee if he doesn't play a certain numbers of games " He would be in our squad now. Matter of principal by Mowbray but not a good negotiation-plan 

But he's a RB, if that deal had gone through weeks ago we'd still be in a position where we are short of a LB and a Winger.......and we'd have even less money for wages where they are needed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Twitter and BRFCS in absolute meltdown, along with every other social media platform I presume.

Mowbray getting absolute pelters, yet hardly a single mention of the word VENKYS. 
 

It’s about time people concentrated on the cause, not the symptoms.

You mean Venkys who have been funding the running of the club? If they weren't we wouldn't be here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All it takes now is (heaven forbid) an injury to a CB and Mowbray moaning about injuries and promising signings in defence and we've gone full circle in 12 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AJW said:

Been at work all day ... Please don't make me read through 200+ comments ... Brief summary anybody??  

 

We were briefly on for £5million on a sell on. 🍾 🎉 🥳 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Nobody in. Nobody out.

That's a gross exaggeration isn't it. Fisher has gone to MK Dons.

😀😀😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

nowt

 

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

All true

 

4 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Fuck all.

 

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Nobody in. Nobody out.

Go back to work then eh ?? 😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

People wind themselves up so much on transfer deadline day, it’s the same old story!

Rovers cannot be blamed if players don’t want to move or when players move to another club when big money is agreed that means we get gazumped!

We have to play cute around ffp. If that means no signings so be it. Players don’t have to move out if they are contracted, it’s football. 
 

We are safe this season, there will be at least 6 players that will leave in summer. It’s probably then we take the next step forward whilst hoping the fans come back and join the club in the same effort striving to get promoted 

We aren't playing cute around FFP though, that's the whole problem. Everyone else is, and we are just taking it on the chin. Hell it doesn't even kick in for us until summer 2021 - proper recruitment and we could be promoted by then!!

I mean, in the however many years FFP has been running now, how many clubs have been punished by it? Some teams who gambled on the promotion successfully and received paltry fines. Birmingham with their points deduction that didn't tangibly harm them (and now they're spending again). Then that time that I think three of us (us, Forest and someone else) got embargoes but were still able to sign freebies and under certain conditions. An embargo doesn't even massively matter if you just spend the money wisely beforehand.

We are one of a very small clutch of clubs who haven't succeeded in playing cute around FFP. We must be the only club who harp on about it to the extent we do.

On your last point, why wait til summer to need to get 6 new players PLUS the ones we already need? We can't sign one player in a whole window, I hardly fancy our chances in the summer of signing the 9 that even permanently positive people like Chaddy think we need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If being 4 points off the top 6 after back to back wins and with 17 games remaining is 'destined for mid table' why do we bother?

If that position doesn't present an opportunity in the final run in nothing will. 

If we had owners who understood the division and football they might recognise that.

I completely agree but unfortunately we don’t cease opportunity and our actions in this window also show we don’t learn from our mistakes either ( see last season for details). 

We now enter the last 17 games thin on the ground without Dack and an injury away from the return of Mulgrew. So yes I feel mid table is were we will end because with an ounce of ambition we could do far better in a mediocre league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

All true

 

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

All true

Aye ….shakes head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, arbitro said:

That's a gross exaggeration isn't it. Fisher has gone to MK Dons.

😀😀😀

Oops, I've been so caught up in the excitement that one slipped my mind!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

All it takes now is (heaven forbid) an injury to a CB and Mowbray moaning about injuries and promising signings in defence and we've gone full circle in 12 months.

Williams and Mulgrew to cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alderson777 said:

You mean Venkys who have been funding the running of the club? If they weren't we wouldn't be here. 

Funding the club to the tune of -£180m. 

And if we weren't here whose fault would it be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bluebruce said:

We aren't playing cute around FFP though, that's the whole problem. Everyone else is, and we are just taking it on the chin. Hell it doesn't even kick in for us until summer 2021 - proper recruitment and we could be promoted by then!!

I mean, in the however many years FFP has been running now, how many clubs have been punished by it? Some teams who gambled on the promotion successfully and received paltry fines. Birmingham with their points deduction that didn't tangibly harm them (and now they're spending again). Then that time that I think three of us (us, Forest and someone else) got embargoes but were still able to sign freebies and under certain conditions. An embargo doesn't even massively matter if you just spend the money wisely beforehand.

We are one of a very small clutch of clubs who haven't succeeded in playing cute around FFP. We must be the only club who harp on about it to the extent we do.

On your last point, why wait til summer to need to get 6 new players PLUS the ones we already need? We can't sign one player in a whole window, I hardly fancy our chances in the summer of signing the 9 that even permanently positive people like Chaddy think we need.

We’re not even trying to avoid FFP. It suits everyone at Ewood as an excuse for lack of progress.

We’re the only team in the league not to make a single signing.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.