BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

What are Kipre's best attributes and worst attributes? Does he have pace?

He's much more no-nonsense than Tosin, like Lenihan really more than anyone else. *Ignore the glaring error of Lenihan with an English flag, don't know how I've managed that!

49 minutes ago, rickard said:

No thanks to sexual predators. The guy cheated on his girlfriend with a girl that he knew was 14 at the time.

Statutory rape[edit]

On 8 January 2013, it was made official that Albornoz was being charged with statutory rape for having had sexual relations with a 14-year-old girl on 8 November 2012 in Malmö. Albornoz was detained and arrested for the offence on 17 November 2012, but was released after three days. Albornoz admitted that he was aware of the girl's age at the time of the act.[12] Media reported that the relationship was mutually consensual and that no violence or force had occurred during the act.[13] Malmö FF published a press release the same day stating that Albornoz would take a time-out from all activities with the club until further notice.[14]

Well yes evidently then. I was obviously unaware of this...

5 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Kipre's played for the Ivory Coast U23s and holds dual nationality.

He does. Just put his original nationality down to be on the safe side.

10 minutes ago, JoeH said:

From what I'd heard, I didn't expect that he would lose on nearly every stat there. Then again Lenihan is a very good CB at this level, so no shame in it. Stats don't tell the whole story as we know. Could be harder to pass accurately to weaker teammates, and Kipre might be more adventurous with his passes for all we know. Wins his tackles at a better rate, that's encouraging. Not sure what constitutes a 'defensive duel' which he isn't as good at there.

Still encouraged by bringing him in, if we do. I wonder if in a way it would be more helpful to put his stats against the man he would replace, Tosin?

Edited by bluebruce

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

'defensive duel' which he isn't as good at there.

Mainly just fancy wording for tackles, but can also refer to loose balls and certain other types of one on one situations, ie. very close range blocks count towards the figure etc..

• Moderation Lead
37 minutes ago, unsall said:

It appears whatever we do you would find things alarming, we are actually trying to sign players in the positions that need filling.

For the first time for a long time we are actually paying a fee for a goalie and hopefully centre back, something you said wouldn’t happen.

You do realise sometimes you have to release players to help to buy better ones, let’s give them a little credit for trying to address the problems in defence.....

Isn’t that exactly what JH is arguing, yet Mowbray has confirmed the exact opposite?

• Like 1

Wigan had an excellent defensive record and impressive number of clean sheets last season and no Walton (coincidence?) Those are the only stats I care about as we hopefully get a players that was a part of that backline on the cheap. 

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Isn’t that exactly what JH is arguing, yet Mowbray has confirmed the exact opposite?

No,TM has said we don’t have to sell Del Boy to fund a c/b but has to get others off the payroll to pay for others.

Just think for the first time in a while,and in difficult times, we are actually trying to address the defence,and paying fees,which JH has always said Venkys won’t do.

Surely Sharpe wouldnt be putting that story out without permission from the club? Which would suggest that it is very close? Would be very pissed if we have leaked things too early that clearly states the guy is available even cheaper than before and it has alerted PL clubs.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, unsall said:

Just think for the first time in a while,and in difficult times, we are actually trying to address the defence,and paying fees,which JH has always said Venkys won’t do.

Has he said that? I don't want to speak for him but I thought the point was Venky's have never invested much in defenders.

We've thrown millions away on strikers in the last decade but spent very little on defenders. Dann was probably the last one to command a decent fee, and even that was lower than reported.

No offence but your posts read like a spokesman from the club's PR team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, unsall said:

No,TM has said we don’t have to sell Del Boy to fund a c/b but has to get others off the payroll to pay for others.

You'll note my point earlier, that in the last 6 weeks through Tosin, Walton, Downing and Graham going the club will have shed £500,000 from the payroll which comfortably covers Kaminski and his fee.

Let's see in the others happen and who goes out the other way to enable it.

We need 8 first team ready defenders IMO. If Mulgrew is frozen out and Williams being sold then we need minimum 3 to come in, realistically on permanent deals to avoid another mad dash next summer. Kipre would be a good start yet as expected the tubby Scotsman is pouring cold water on it