BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Think something has gone on with Mulgrew and Mowbray.  New contract, club captain then loaned to WIgan before he ended it and came back.  Think Charlie might have thought he had a move (or two - one last summer and one in january) and Mowbray doesnt want him in the mix.

This is turning into a right shower of shite, not sure why any of us expected any different mind  - especially in the current climate.

Leicester must have someone garbage in their reserves we can just bundle on the coach after the game on Sat and have done with it.

Brace yourselves my arse ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I hope people realize all this agent Benno stuff is what gets him in the team all the time when often/mostly he shouldn't be. He ain't daft he knows how to keep himself relevant beyond being a utility man. Team captain and the manager is scared stiff of sidelining him, remember that when he's being slated this season after games.

He works hard and takes our plan onto the pitch!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

This is turning into a right shower of shite, not sure why any of us expected any different mind  - especially in the current climate.

Leicester must have someone garbage in their reserves we can just bundle on the coach after the game on Sat and have done with it.

Yeah absolutely spot on. It’s Groundhog Day every transfer window. Plenty of rumours, no end product. Yawn. Yawn. Yawn. 

• Like 2

Just now, pjt said:

Think something has gone on with Mulgrew and Mowbray.  New contract, club captain then loaned to WIgan before he ended it and came back.  Think Charlie might have thought he had a move (or two - one last summer and one in january) and Mowbray doesnt want him in the mix.

i think charlie got the blame for the defensive shambles we had to endure during our first season back in the championship and he was`nt to happy about it,hence his exile to wigan

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Just shows how desperate we are for reinforcements.

I’d feel quite a lot better with a centre back in, and ideally a left back.

Is Kipre this season’s Bauer? All our eggs in one reluctant basket followed by a late loan?

Let’s hope the end result is someone of the same quality as Tosin....

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think charlie got the blame for the defensive shambles we had to endure during our first season back in the championship and he was`nt to happy about it,hence his exile to wigan

Then the blame shifted to Raya and our wise old owl threw Charlie another lifeline only to realize he was still not up to it.

Rocket science.

1 hour ago, West Yorks Rover said:

According to the LT we fought off competition from the Premier league for the lad from Celtic.

You couldn't make it up.

But somebody did.

Exactly . If he was that good he would have been playing for Celtic and we wouldn’t have had a sniff against premier league clubs

• Like 1

According to the LT we fought off competition from the Premier league for the lad from Celtic.

You couldn't make it up.

But somebody did.

Sounds like the copy was already written for Kipre and they just copied and pasted the change of player and club!

Keep U23 signings to a three line box on the inside back page and ask proper questions!

16 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Jesus, we need a centre half and a left back, not a full overhaul of the team. Nevermind half empty, your glass is smashed! 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Yeah absolutely spot on. It’s Groundhog Day every transfer window. Plenty of rumours, no end product. Yawn. Yawn. Yawn. 

I actually think West Brom are fannying about in a similar manner too which is making things even worse for us! No excuse but that's how I'm seeing it due to the whole Kipre shambles. 

As it stands I think they've only confirmed one signing themselves, Pereira, who was on loan there last season anyway. They most definitely need a few bodies through the door to stand even a remote chance of survival next season. On top of Kipre they just seem to be 'trying for players, Karlan Grant, Button etc and nothing to show for it.

2 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Jesus, we need a centre half and a left back, not a full overhaul of the team. Nevermind half empty, your glass is smashed! 

EXACTLY!!!!!!

We need to push deals through on 2 players (although some would argue more) and we can't even get that done.

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think this transfer window is now becoming an utter and complete embarrassment for Mowbray and Waggott.

Eight days until the new season kicks off and just wtf are we!?

@Paul Mani still eulogising?

This window lasts until October 5th and then for EFL clubs there is an extension till the 16th of October so I’m not concerned yet. Still plenty of time for deals to go through.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think this transfer window is now becoming an utter and complete embarrassment for Mowbray and Waggott.

This window hasn't really panned out any differently to any other since we were promoted. The story about having a bid in for Kipre seems to match our usual modus operandi. There's a fee and wages that will get a player into the Club, we offer something else entirely, miss out altogether on our original targets, end up scratching  around at  the last minute chucking money like water at anyone still available and then after the window shuts complain at the level of the market and how we almost got various deals over the line.

We got away with it last year to some extent with Tosin although its questionable how sound a long term strategy it is to fritter money away on loan fees every year and be in the position of having to replace key players every 12 months. We might not be quite so lucky this time although the silver lining might be that if we struggle to bring anyone else in it will allow youngsters like Wharton and Dolan to blossom.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

They may well be almost done. Rovers like to keep things under wraps untill the last minute. Have faith!!! Defenders are coming

The problem with last minute is its already fast approaching last minute, just over a week to go till the season starts. On top of that though we all know TM isn't usually one to rush players straight into the team either. We need to hit the ground running given the tough start or we're simply going to end up looking at mid table mediocrity (or worse) by Christmas. 

3 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Dolan was a Preston reject, I'll give McBride the same chance.

bit of a difference,preston are skint and can`t afford an u23 team,celtic are a massive club who don`t generally get rid of good young players,if he was that good then he`d still be up in scotland on their bench at the very least

• Like 3

You couldn't make it up.

But somebody did.

Southampton and Palace were after him apparently.

33 minutes ago, pjt said:

I would like Nat Phillips on loan, if it means we could sign a decent left back! He is sort of local as well!

Personally would prefer he came in on a long-term deal as our second needed centre back. Naby Sarr as the first maybe?

20 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The transfer window has been open for what? 36 days? In that time we have a new number one keeper on a longterm deal, a highly promising winger who is pushing for 1st team recognition already, have signed a promising young forward on a free, have made offers for players that haven't panned out (it happens), have made headway in moving on high earners who aren't pushing for 1st team selection as much as they should be and have clearly set out what we are looking for in budget without being bullied by player or other clubs.

I would rate Mowbray and co's success at present a B-

• Like 2