BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, davulsukur said:

The lancs live reporter has said in one of the comments that Liverpool would be willing to sell, question is if we could afford him.

I doubt Pool would be that interested in keeping him if he has zero chance of making their first team.

Wages possibly but a wage in the Championship is better than nothing at all (quite a bit better actually).

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The lancs live reporter has said in one of the comments that Liverpool would be willing to sell, question is if we could afford him.

Would be nice if they agree something beforehand and he turns out ok. Doubt he'd be the cost of Brereton or Gallagher but they managed to find that so he might actually fit the type they'll invest in.

Edited by tomphil

19 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I doubt Pool would be that interested in keeping him if he has zero chance of making their first team.

Wages possibly but a wage in the Championship is better than nothing at all (quite a bit better actually).

Why would he be getting nothing at all if he's under contract? You mean when his deal expires?

37 minutes ago, Prelude said:

Screenshot_20200902-172826_Twitter.jpg

Be extremely disappointed if we are plugging the gap with a loan again. CB is such an important pairing and we cant keep going through the first few games of the season developing and understanding between the two.

If we are in for him I seriously hope it is looking to a permanent and that is based on European scouting rather than the safety net of a premier league youngster loan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

What have you all seen of Curtis Jones other than a few goals in one of the best teams in the best? Gunna have a much easier time scoring in a time like that

Numerous U23 performances. He is highly talented. We can't afford him.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Phillips ticks all the Rovers boxes so would be no surprise to see him turn up here.

- Young

- Inexperienced 

- Only a handful of senior appearances

- Cheap

- Loan

Liverpool likely to be happy to do a deal. He's 23 and never played for them so probably one eye on a future elsewhere. 

Could be the making of him.

Don't think it would be a loan.

• Like 1

Nat Phillips has featured in a back five all last season, in the RCB role. With Wharton evidently being a far superior defender in a 3/5 system, as he has played in that system for nearly four years across two different teams, it may be that if Phillips comes, we see a 5ATB system here at Rovers.

I can see Nyambe, Phillips, Lenihan, Wharton, Bell (please sign someone!), as a Back 5, with Bradley Johnson being replaced, dropping the midfield down to two instead of three, with one sitting deep.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Hanley has today been given squad number 5 for Norwich. Would they have done that if looking to get rid or sending him to us?

To be fair, squad numbers don’t mean as much these days. Trent Alexander-Arnold is still number 66 for Liverpool, and I’d be astounded if he still wasn’t first choice....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Nat Phillips has featured in a back five all last season, in the RCB role. With Wharton evidently being a far superior defender in a 3/5 system, as he has played in that system for nearly four years across two different teams, it may be that if Phillips comes, we see a 5ATB system here at Rovers.

I can see Nyambe, Phillips, Lenihan, Wharton, Bell (please sign someone!), as a Back 5, with Bradley Johnson being replaced, dropping the midfield down to two instead of three, with one sitting deep.

I'd be quite surprised if that happens to be honest, if only for the reason that we'd need more bodies in that position. We're supposedly selling Williams & letting Mulgrew go, so even with two extra defenders brought in, we'd only have four recognised senior centre backs for three positions. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it could be. Mention him last week

Phillips would be decent signing for us if permanent signing. Never going to make it at Liverpool 

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Nat Phillips has featured in a back five all last season, in the RCB role. With Wharton evidently being a far superior defender

I love this board. Half an hour ago nobody and i mean nobody on here had heard of this liverpool youth and now he's slotting in all sorts of formations and all the experts are out....

• Like 6