BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samaras has been linked with a move to Sporting Lisbon for €1 million. Would he be any good in the Premier league?

Probably the worst centre forward I've seen in recent times, hes awful.

I hope we're looking to sign better quality players than Wheater and Jarvis.

Jarvis a quality winger, what are you talking about? Far better than anything we have on the wings, and he was tipped for an England call up earlierin the season. I'd much rather we signed him, than some foreign bloke, untried in the PL, who is far more likely to be a flop. Same would be said about Wheater if we did need a centre back, which we dont at the moment. Tried and tested, age on his side, and English.

I've heard from someone today that we've tabled a bid for Martin of Norwich, they have two russell and chris. I think its russell seeing as we are linked to him. Maybe Nicko knows this?

Anyways he's scored!

Andy Cryer asked Steve Kean if we were interest in R.Martin and Kean said nope not interest in him.

we were linked with him yesterday in the daily mail. so thats were the link comes from.

After watching that dross this afternoon, i think it is the best advertisement for a a new half of a team - midfield absolutely shocking, how many times are we giving the ball away or being caught in posession, Dunn and Pedo just not cutting the mustard at all - Strikers first touch, worse than a (shan`t use that word). Awful, as bad as the Stoke game to be honest - Sunderland played well, passed the ball well, finishign was excellent, shows what money can buy and we just don`t have that quality anymore.

Hope that list of Nicko`s is impressive as out first team is looking poor at the moment even regardless of injuries.

• Backroom

Prediction for the most common quote within the next couple of weeks: "Well signing players takes time, you can't expect transfers to happen in the first few days".

I predict it will be Chaddy and co saying 'Nicko, will there be an 11 o clocker?'

Prediction for the most common quote within the next couple of weeks: "Well signing players takes time, you can't expect transfers to happen in the first few days".

I'll put in a fiver for double of "January is a tough time to find decent players" after the window goes shut with us having signed total of zero players and "There was no time to sign a replacement" after Samba being sold to Villa for £3,5M at the deadline day.

Keans interview on radio lancs suggests there could be some players coming in the early part of the transfer window.

Hopefully we have been on the ball this season and we have got deals lined up ready instead of having to wait until Jan 31st.

Keans interview on radio lancs suggests there could be some players coming in the early part of the transfer window.

Hopefully we have been on the ball this season and we have got deals lined up ready instead of having to wait until Jan 31st.

All I've read so far on the transfers topic is some uncharachteristic and uninspiring pussy footing...

"But if we can get a few bodies back and then when the window opens maybe strengthen in a few areas just to help the lads, not to replace them, then we are going to have a really good squad going into the second half of the season"

Archived