BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-Season Friendlies

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its becoming a bit of a joke this place at times.

Man City - the best team in the bloody country last season lost to some Saudi team the other day didn't they? I doubt they're flapping like this.

Its becoming a bit of a joke this place at times.

Man City - the best team in the bloody country last season lost to some Saudi team the other day didn't they? I doubt they're flapping like this.

Are you referring to the messageboard or the club? :glare:

Besides if it's the latter, not so much of "a bit of"

there are some very good and experienced managers in the championship, better managers than kean, so i would'nt get my hopes up that kean might outsmart them.

There are a lot of non league managers, better than Kean.

Keep up the good work you lot who've gone to Accie !!!

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

Kean out chants - took longer than I expected. At least 2 minutes

That is absolutely outstanding!

Been out of the loop this week (first child born), so missed the games and results - but delighted that he's had 'Kean Out' chants already :)

That is absolutely outstanding!

Been out of the loop this week (first child born), so missed the games and results - but delighted that he's had 'Kean Out' chants already :)

Oh he got a lot more than Kean out chants believe me. The turnstile where the majority of our fans where kept closing so we had to go in through the main stand and walk straight past him. After some abuse his security team followed us all the way to the other stand, I say his security but not sure if they were employed by Stanley.

Oh he got a lot more than Kean out chants believe me. The turnstile where the majority of our fans where kept closing so we had to go in through the main stand and walk straight past him. After some abuse his security team followed us all the way to the other stand, I say his security but not sure if they were employed by Stanley.

Thats just made my day :tu:

Nunes - likes to take players on, get on the ball, tricky, exciting to watch but of course slightly raw.

Murphy - A class above, you could hear him, very vocal, kept looking for the ball, got it and passed it on, always an option of calmness in the middle and helped those around him.

Gomes - Slightly rusty but still a clever assist and a goal. Looked to drop off into the space behind Best, still has that intelligence.

Best - missed 3 chances including one where he had took it around the goalkeeper, but ok, looks the physical presence to build our attack around.

Jorge - Nervous for 15 minutes then grew in to it alongside Murphy. Sat deep and did a decent job.

Guest Wen Y Hu

We're up and running with Parsonblue's match reports ahead of the new 2012/13 season. The first one up is the Reserves at Bamber Bridge on Tuesday, a 3-1 victory getting them off to a good start under Gary Bowyer's stewardship. My apologies for not getting round to this earlier.

See the front page here.

Nunes - likes to take players on, get on the ball, tricky, exciting to watch but of course slightly raw.

Murphy - A class above, you could hear him, very vocal, kept looking for the ball, got it and passed it on, always an option of calmness in the middle and helped those around him.

Gomes - Slightly rusty but still a clever assist and a goal. Looked to drop off into the space behind Best, still has that intelligence.

Best - missed 3 chances including one where he had took it around the goalkeeper, but ok, looks the physical presence to build our attack around.

Jorge - Nervous for 15 minutes then grew in to it alongside Murphy. Sat deep and did a decent job.

Good post.....people who didn't see the games greatly appreciate ones like this......I think Murphy will be our Yakubu this year in that he will be a great signing but largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

According to Cryer, Vukcevic had nose surgery in the summer and is about 2 weeks away from fitness because he hasn't been allowed to train.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Parsonblue's match report for both the games against Fleetwood and Stanley are now on the front page. My apologies for the delay in publishing them.

Discussion is over on the match thread here.

(Edit: Match photos added - thanks to cn174. See here. Note also the page title and URL have been amended.)

• Moderation Lead

From previous experience a good pre season doesn't automatically lead to a good season in the league. Having said that you can be sure that a poor pre season leads to a poor season in the league.

Like in 1994 you mean ;)

Guest Wen Y Hu

Parsonblue's match report for the defeat at Rochdale is now on the front page here.

Discussion is over on the match thread here.

Photos also now added to the Fleetwood/Stanley report here.

• Moderation Lead

There's always an exception to every rule. Come back next May.

I was having a joke, come back when you've found your sense of humour... :tu:

Archived