BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool 1 - 1 Rovers

he went through but the keeper was already in a good position to save it

A superb save to credit reina, looked in all the way!

Looking back the shout for a penalty for a 2 handed shove by hyypia was a decent one, but savage was a little lucky not to be sent off.

Happy with a point, but still a sense that the 3 were there for the taking!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A draw at Anfield is always a good result, and with the pressure they had for a while it could've been a loss. However considering how cheap the conceded goal was (A completely unmarked midget at the back post from a corner) I feel a bit disappointed with just one point.

We were in control in the first half, not threatening much, but also never really looking like conceding (With one exception). Similar at the start of the second half, but between the 60th and 80th minute or so we were under real pressure, couldn't string two passes together.

I thought the whole back five were excellent, while Bentley had a good game too yet again. Pedersen and Nonda didn't contribute all that much, and Tugay had one of his poorer games in a while. Roberts was a nuisance when he came on, Moko was solid and Gallagher below average.

We've done good in this first half, but a few notes:

We're still maing mistakes in defence, and are giving Pool too much room on the wings. We're having severe difficulties with Pennant especially, and are giving them too many shooting chances. We really must mark the players tighter and chop the play down a bit.

Upront though we're showing some very good touches and Pool themselves are giving us a lot of room. We're still playing the long ball a bit too much for my taste though, we should try and ground it a bit more and get our strikers more involved. McCarthy and Nonda look real good.

Credit to Zurab for stopping an 100% goal, though we've had 2 disallowed. I dunno, this 2nd half can go either way....

Disappointing second half, we just didn't show up. The 2nd 45 minutes were pretty much a free-kick and corner-kick practise for Pool, every time they went forward the reff blew the whistle in their favour. It was impossible for Bellamy not to score, and of course he did, and to be honest Pool could have had more. I really think we should have attacked more, but still good job by the players. I would have taken a draw at Anfield before the game, so a good point.

we where the better side in the first hour of play, they battered us for the last 30 mins. on the whole we deserved a point. david bentley was very good today, proving also that you don't need to charge past a full back at break neck speed to get a good cross into the box. his distribution into the box at times was beckham-esq!

ooijer was excellent again today, as was zurab. as a matter of fact the whole back four played very well, and while i am at it, we almost certainly should have had a penalty, for the hyypia nudge on nonda.

A point away to Liverpool. Got to be pleased with that. Good to see McCarthy scoring, makes us appreciate how astutely Hughes has replaced Bellamy.

exactly replacing bellamy, dickov and kuqi with mccarthy, nonda, roberts and jeffers and coming away with a profit is looking like excellent dealing at the moment.

to re-iterate savage was extremly lucky not to get sent off.

bert was at fault for the goal but otherwise defended very well in the second half when he had to. thought lucas had a great game today, tackling, getting forward, nearly scored.

good result, mccarthy proving why we have been intrested in him for so long, 6 goals in 10 games. bentley is becoming a realy good player with his new found confidence, if he played for united he might have a chance for the england team.

Good result for us and we played some very good football during the first half. I thought Zurab and Oojer both played very well while the two aussies started to fade in the second half. Nonda and MGP were ineffective all afternoon.

Shame about the goal, although them scoring was certainly on the cards the way we were playing during the second 45. The intensity and aggression seemed to be lacking and we dropped to deep, thus letting their passers dictate the game. I think Brett will have to take responsibility for the goal as he was stranded in no mans land with Bellamy totally unmarked behind him. Also very strange that we had no one on the post.

Nonda dived trying to get a penalty off Hyypiä, there was minimal contact and no active arms from the defender. Savage was extremely lucky to avoid the second yellow and a sending off late on. Benni McCarthy showed class yet again and I hope the knock he took in the middle of the second half wasn't too bad.

Happy with a point from Anfield though.

Having watched the match live on telly, I would say that we were unfortunate not to have taken the 3 pts. I also feel that many of the referee's decisions went against us, although, as many have noted, Savage was lucky not to see red.

I do feel we should have had the penalty for the foul on Nonda.

All in all, I guess we have to be happy with the point.

A draw was a fair result - a game of two halves .

Well refereed I thought . He could have made a name for himself by booking every daft challenge but used his common sense . Riise should be brought before the authorities for his blatent dive which earned Neill (I think) a booking but the ref got it right for the two penalty appeals . Maybe Nonda should have done something with the ball instead of trying to con the ref in our case... :huh:

...but the ref got it right for the two penalty appeals .

Wasn't too sure about the Bellamy one in the first half to be honest - looked like a penalty to me. Oiijer just kicked out at him.

Overall pleased with a point - thought we played well in the first half. In the second I think we should've made changes earlier....you could sense that the goal was coming and we should've stuck Mokoena on before we did.

Didn't see Bentleys chance properly (didn't see much thanks to the bunch of gimps who were sat in front of us) but it seemed as though he couldn't work out what to do - blast it or chip it - and in the end didn't do much with his chance.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Andre Ooijer - The Dutch defender had a decidedly difficult introduction to English football. Now, with a greater understanding of the Premiership's demands, he excelled alongside Zurab Khizanishvili - another contender for the man of the match award - in the centre of the Blackburn defence. 'All the back four were excellent,' said Hughes, and it was hard to disagree.

From http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story...england&cc=5739

been at work since 0800hrs this morning and just got back, I only managed to grab the last 15 mins on the radio.

pleased as punch with the result, stopped lfc thieves from taking another 3 points, we remain above them in the league and are on a confiednt roll into Europe for Thursday.

it appears Rovers are picking up the pace, settling themselves down with some confident football.

there is a strange kind of magic settling over Ewood Park, guess where I put my lottery ticket on ? :brfc:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.