BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tonight's Game 24/7/15

• Backroom

Cheers.

The last time we went to Tranmere my overwhelming memory was being able to park on the street outside the ground at 3pm!

No traffic, no fans, think we drew.

My first ever away game around 1990 I think we drew 2-2

All i remember is standing directly behind the goals chanting 'yellows' and 'boooobby booooobby' to Mimms.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who'd have thought, this Petschi sounds like he could become a cult hero. Mokoena Mark two?

I mean, demanding the ball? We've invested hundreds of thousands of pounds into Lowe and some random with a girls name who can't get a game in the French fourth division is better than him? Brilliant.

Who'd have thought, this Petschi sounds like he could become a cult hero. Mokoena Mark two?

I mean, demanding the ball? We've invested hundreds of thousands of pounds into Lowe and some random with a girls name who can't get a game in the French fourth division is better than him? Brilliant.

Perhaps I was a little facetious above. Petschi was genuinely something of an enigma. I wanted to love him but have been here so many times.despite the comedy, he was overwhelmingly my MOM.

Very odd that with two weeks until the season starts we aren't yet playing a settled team.

Has Boywer remembered to flip his calendar over to July? The lack of business early in the close season is going to mean our first few league games will be part of the pre-season warm up! Thanks Venkys. :angry:

Very odd that with two weeks until the season starts we aren't yet playing a settled team.

Has Boywer remembered to flip his calendar over to July? The lack of business early in the close season is going to mean our first few league games will be part of the pre-season warm up! Thanks Venkys. :angry:

It's because we have a game today Stuart, at Oldham, which is when the senior players will be in action. This game gave Bowyer and the coaching staff a good look at the youngsters and the trialists.

It's because we have a game today Stuart, at Oldham, which is when the senior players will be in action. This game gave Bowyer and the coaching staff a good look at the youngsters and the trialists.

Fair enough. We really need to stop seeing these threads for every training match then, if it's just an extension of a Brockhall kickabout for the stuffs.

I think Bowyer will play his first choice 11 and formation against Wigan and maybe Bury.

But I dont the problem with playing 4-3-3 and seeing how we play and adapt to it.

I would like to us play 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 in most games this season. We need to play 3 man midfield so we dont get over run in there

Wow - anyone like to guess whether it was PB or Colt that went to the wrong match. Never seen such different reviews of the same match.

Expectations? PB went to a training exercise while colt thought he was going to a match... ;-)

Either way agree with your post - startling difference in the reports!

I think Bowyer will play his first choice 11 and formation against Wigan and maybe Bury.

But I dont the problem with playing 4-3-3 and seeing how we play and adapt to it.

I would like to us play 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 in most games this season. We need to play 3 man midfield so we dont get over run in there

Some pretty big assumptions that he even knows his best side or formation. I fully expect normal order resumed this coming season a change in personnel and formation every game. It's not like he's had a few seasons at it.

Wow - anyone like to guess whether it was PB or Colt that went to the wrong match. Never seen such different reviews of the same match.

I thought that. I think parson would love it if you had 11 goats running around so long as they're dressed in blue and white halves. Whereas colt may feel short changed being charged £15 to watch a load of kids/trialists vs non league oppo. Perhaps a tiebreak opinion needed

Some pretty big assumptions that he even knows his best side or formation. I fully expect normal order resumed this coming season a change in personnel and formation every game. It's not like he's had a few seasons at it.

I thought that. I think parson would love it if you had 11 goats running around so long as they're dressed in blue and white halves. Whereas colt may feel short changed being charged £15 to watch a load of kids/trialists vs non league oppo. Perhaps a tiebreak opinion needed

TBH I have always found PBs reports to be fairly balanced - if anything I have occasionally thought him a little harsh with his reviews - so I have always taken a positive review as being correct. In this case - maybe we need the opinion of a third party who went to the match :-)

Petshi Petshi Boom Boom

Sema is pacy but short.

Well colt got to see Sema and Sarpong alonh with Petshi...well worth the money.

And Mahoney will be a good player. Hes got the pedigree. Just keep him on the floor.

I expect this today:

Steele, Kilgallon, Duffy, Hanley, Olsson -

Evans, Williamsson, Lowe

Marshall, Gestede, Conway

Subs: Henley, Taylor, Koita, Nyambe, O Sullivan, Brown, Leninhan.

Is Gestede not suffering from a pre sale knock ?

Gestelde is injured again

I think it's an absolute disgrace that they played an U-21 team when it had been clearly communicated that it would be a mix of 1st teamers... How much was it? I'd be fuming and I would guess this would be the reason for Colt's negativity.

TBH I have always found PBs reports to be fairly balanced - if anything I have occasionally thought him a little harsh with his reviews - so I have always taken a positive review as being correct. In this case - maybe we need the opinion of a third party who went to the match :-)

I prefer PB's reports to those in the LT and elsewhere.

Always balanced regarding our players and a good read.

Gestelde is injured again

I think it's an absolute disgrace that they played an U-21 team when it had been clearly communicated that it would be a mix of 1st teamers... How much was it? I'd be fuming and I would guess this would be the reason for Colt's negativity.

It was a tenner.

Prenton Park will looks decent these days. It will be a massive ground for that division. Always think the area around the ground isn't as bad as some make out.

maybe we need the opinion of a third party who went to the match :-)

Steady on DTMP!! That's a bit OTT!

Then again, perhaps this is going to be a new thing for the 2015/16 season? Prolific BRFCC posters / critics actually going to a match?!? (Maybe even a first team game rather than the u21's). It'll never take off of course, far more entertaining and fun is to pick your favourite BRFCC poster and copy their opinion on every post you make throughout the season! It's far cheaper, doesn't involve physical movement (no need to leave the house here boys and girls!) and doesn't require the need to form your own opinion based on what you've actually seen. I might try one now. Here goes:

"Since I've decided to not go anymore I can categorically say, without a hint of doubt, based on Twitter, 5.3 seconds footage on the tele, and likeminded people on a messageboard, that that display yesterday was absolutely bloody rubbish. A physical mental and literal insult. Not since last week, when again I didn't see a kick, have I felt this outraged. At one point I was that angry I walked to the foot of our stairs. Well I tell you now, they can forget it, it goes to show how far we've fallen etc etc"

There that was brilliant. I'm well up for this now. Oh yes, this is definitely the way forward....

I see they won 2-0. Whatever. What does it matter, no point doing it in pre-season against bloody Tranmere is there Bowyer?!? Have you seen the league table "Gaz" - we haven't bloody moved. Why didn't you start your first 11 and play them twice in under 24 hours?!?! Tired? TIRED?!?! I don't want to hear it, when I were a lad down t'pit we worked 192 hours per week, we were never tired, nor did we complain (mainly cause we were too busy working), nor were we on 150 grand a week like some of these lazy scumbags, like that Jason Lowe.

Jason bloody Lowe. Why?!? What in the name of God. Just cause he can run around, used to play for England U21's and some other stuff. He's got really annoying hair for crying out loud Bowyer - AND I once saw him in a pub. Drinking. And no doubt thinking he was better than me at the same time, there really was no need Jason for those potential thoughts you had that day. I can only presume that Hanley was with him or smashed out of his mind in trap 2 in the toilets unable to stand up let alone move (just like a normal Saturday then (that's good, I'll keep that bit in)). How he manages to get in that state without my even seeing him is beyond belief and is just disrespectful to the likes of Bob Compton and John Lewis-Complex.

As for Jordan Rhodes, let him go the ungrateful scumbag, short memories these players, clearly he doesn't recall that we pulled him out of obscurity and the footballing wilderness at Huddersfield and saved his career, if he doesn't want to play for this great club then I'll drive him there myself, but I'll tell you this for nothing, if Bowyer lets him leave, well that's it for me - they can shove it all yet again. How are we supposed to replace him anyway. No, Rhodes should be made to stay and get on with it. Beat him with a stick if you have to Bowyer, it's the only way he'll learn. If anything though it goes to show how far we've fallen etc

What a cracking game of football this was. Both sides playing fast, open football and Bowyer opting for 4-3-3 formation with Sarpong and Sema on the wings and Forrester in the middle. Both wingers looked quick, tricky and with eye for goal whilst Forrester caught the eye with his hold up play and ability to shield the ball and feed his midfield players. Petshi again looked outstanding in the first half. Big, strong, quick and very mobile. In the second half he became the holding player and Liam Nolan came more and more into the game as the attacking player in central midfield. A word of praise for a very bright cameo from Connor Mahoney in the closing stages. All in all a very entertaining night's football at Prenton Park.

Do you take things on face value all the time now ? Never used to

There were certainly at least a couple of hundred, perhaps more, behind the goal although our group, and I suspect others, sat with the Tranmere fans in the Main Stand as we prefer the side view rather than behind the goal.

Where did you sit at Rochdale?

Archived