BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sat 6Th Rhodes Vs Rovers

chor808

• Backroom

Technically it's a very good point away from home. I certainly would have taken it beforehand. Nonetheless, considering how much of the match we dominated, it's disappointing we could only manage one goal and not keep a clean sheet.

8 games without a win in the league, and it isn't getting any easier in the near future. At some point we have to start winning a few games we aren't expected to, as we've thrown away points in too many winnable matches.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very very good performance. Should have won, but I'll take that. The New guys have certainly made a massive improvement in the way we play by the sounds of it. Can't ask for more than that, and Duffy is going to have a hard time replacing Ward imo

Sounds a good performance. I am very pleased that Lambert has dropped 2 of the 3 black holes in our team which I singled out several weeks ago, namely Duffy and Guthrie. They don't cut it at this level. Sadly Akpan was not dropped, and sounds like he cost us the game with that miss. He needs to go as well, whoever else we put there will be better.

Should have won the game but there's still major positives. We should be confident that this team can keep clean sheets and that's what we should base hopes on. Yes they didn't today but generally when you restrict teams to so few chances they won't score. Middlesbrough deserved the goal because they scored it but they damn sure didn't outplay Rovers.

Great result.

We've sold our 'star man' and gone to 2nd in the league and put on a real performance and really should have come away with 3 points.

I said last week at Oxford was a 'turning point' and I think I'm right.

In Lambert we trust.

Easy tiger! Still no wins in the last 8 league games, and our golden chance to win the game would have been taken by our former 'star man'. A good point yes, a new dawn. Not yet.

Let's see where we are come 1st March.

Week after isn't it? Hull next at Ewood in 7 days. At some point we are going to have to get a win against the odds. These points aren't enough.

You're correct - I jumped a week ahead! We need 3 points against Hull, as tough as that may be. As big a confidence a boost as this point will give us, we need to end this winless run in the league.

Sounds a good performance. I am very pleased that Lambert has dropped 2 of the 3 black holes in our team which I singled out several weeks ago, namely Duffy and Guthrie. They don't cut it at this level. Sadly Akpan was not dropped, and sounds like he cost us the game with that miss. He needs to go as well, whoever else we put there will be better.

Jason is on the way back !

Sounds like we easily matched them in a very competitive performance.

Two oddball statistics- Rovers committed 7 fouls and collected 5 yellow cards.

If Boro fail to be promoted by 2 points or less, Jordi's goal lost us £4m off the Jordan Rhodes deal. We had better win at the dingles or that is going to be a significant dent in the transfer kitty.

Easy tiger! Still no wins in the last 8 league games, and our golden chance to win the game would have been taken by our former 'star man'. A good point yes, a new dawn. Not yet.

If our former 'star man' had been playing, I think M'boro would have been out of sight by then.

11 able bodied always better than 10 !

• Backroom

You're correct - I jumped a week ahead! We need 3 points against Hull, as tough as that may be. As big a confidence a boost as this point will give us, we need to end this winless run in the league.

I think a draw against Hull would be acceptable as long as we beat Fulham and the MK Dons at Ewood. Our team has a habit of dropping points in games we need to win, though, so Hull might be a better bet for a win.

• Backroom

Why would our star man have been playing where Akpan was?

That's stretching it a bit, we've just gone and got a point to a team that have spent £9m this week and clear favourites to be promoted.

What about Rhodes then couldn't score against our bunch of nomads

Archived