BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has This Been Our Worst Ever Season ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I'm 32 in May and this has been the least enjoyable in my lifetime. We seemed to have a bit of a false dawn, then it's rubbish again. We seemed to have hope again, then that has been dashed again. It's all absolutely rubbish and I hate those thundercunts in India.

I'm 32 in May and this has been the least enjoyable in my lifetime. We seemed to have a bit of a false dawn, then it's rubbish again. We seemed to have hope again, then that has been dashed again. It's all absolutely rubbish and I hate those thundercunts in India.

What he said.

Probably not but it certainly feels like it ! Football wise we may have had worse seasons although I'm struggling to recall one. It's the combination of crap on the pitch and crap off it that's doing my head in. Roll on summer.

The Kean relegation season was the worst I have ever seen. Maybe we played worse football under other managers during different seasons but I have never seen such a toxic venomous atmosphere around the club. We still haven't recovered.

Not old enough to know what it was like in the 70's and Yo Yoing between 2nd & 3rd Divs.

As Shaun says a slump in the mid 80's was bad, with money tight but no rift between Cub and fans really and when McKay arrived things gradually improved.

So for me its a toss up between Prem relegation season 11-12 and this season from a purely football perspective, though there's been plenty of off field unrest for the last 5 years.

Prem Relegation season, just shades it from a football point of view.

• Backroom

The Kean relegation season was the worst I have ever seen. Maybe we played worse football under other managers during different seasons but I have never seen such a toxic venomous atmosphere around the club. We still haven't recovered.

Same here. I've never felt hatred like I felt for Kean during that season. Then you had all of the infighting between sections of the support, the media ripping our fans apart at every chance, players like Bradley Orr stinking up the place and all of our heroes jumping before the ship sank.

This season has been bad, but 11/12 was the worst in my lifetime.

Any season with Kean still stood on the sidelines have to be the worst as that's when this mess started and he was a major factor in it and his finger prints are all over it still even if his stench has gone.

All things considered though I think the 3 managers season was worse than this football wise and everything. Although Rhodes was a bright spot. This season though is the one were all hopes could finally be put to bed, the final act. So yeah it's a bad one.

11/12 for reasons stated above, and then after that 12/13 - had 5 different people in charge throughout the season (wouldn't call many of them 'managers'), Murphy, Best, Orr, Etuhu etc and then at this point that season we were actually in the relegation zone (after a defeat at Sheff Weds funnily enough).

But yeah this season has been bad.

Definitely the relegation season under K*** was the worst. I've never seen anything like it and hopefully never will again. A season I'll never forgot but for all the wrong reasons, basically it was the beginning of the end for our once proud club, leading us to becoming the absolute joke we are today.

But undoubtedly this season has been absolutely s***e.

As KHod says, too many false dawns.

I'd say I can't wait for the season to be over but then it means we have to contend with the summer.

Worse season has to be every one since these charlatans walked through the door with each season getting worse

Yep the dumbdown continues and they are now presented with a real chance to start building it back up. Even if it's slowly and modestly, if not then it's now more obvious what the end game is than ever before.

The season that **** took us down was the worse, I was personally wound up from the first game with what was going on, and still am today, the thieving ****.

Having seen Rovers relegated from the old Div 1 (now PL) and Div 2 (now Championship) you would think this isn't our worst season ever.

However, back in the 'old days' there was a camaraderie about the club that isn't there now. In the darkest days of Furphy's reign when we were in the bottom half dozen of old Div 3, it didn't feel that bad in comparison to now. In the main, those connected with Rovers were blue through and through. Yep there were some 'freeloaders' and some in it for what they could get but generally speaking, there was some consistency in personnel in the club and there was hope and a sense of loyalty.

Sadly, what we have today is IMV a shambles and a disgrace to our great club. If it gets any worse, our days as a club are over.

The season that **** took us down was the worse, I was personally wound up from the first game with what was going on, and still am today, the thieving ****.

Corruption - pure and simple.

And it permeates right through global society to the very top - look at what's coming out of Panama.

Even our beloved PM's family is involved.

Meanwhile the little man on the terraces (the one who does pay his taxes) is helpless.

I thought in many ways last season was marginally worse given we underperformed so abysmally with a 40 goal strike force.

That said, we do seem to be plumbing new lows with every passing week at the moment and the season isn't over yet. Hopefully it won't get any worse and we can put in a spirited finish which would give some limited cause for optimism going forward.

I've been a Rovers fan ever since I can remember and way before I saw my first live game at Ewood. Under the Pune @#/? each season gets worse and a systematic erosion of faith. I have never before felt so low about Rovers. I truly hope the keaners in Pune do one.

For me 65/66 was a strange one - brilliant in the Cup, yet relegated long before the season ended. However, 1970-71 was the absolute rock bottom for me. Relegated to the Third Division for the first time with a team containing the likes of Conlon and Russell.

1986 and also the year the nasty snake SK took us down.

We have had a few decent performances this season; unfortunately we lack player quality and we have dreadful owners. The prognosis is worrying and could well be terminal. Prepare for the worst.

Archived