BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol City At Home

End of season game, we were very patchy, good at times and bad at times.

Hanley and Graham were our stand out players IMO.

Evans, Kilgallon Akpan (Conway sub) were poor.

Mahoney looks like he might have something but did look like a youth player and was rightly subbed.

We need a left back, Killer was awful in the second half, Conway looks worse every time I see him, Jackson try's but isn't the answer.

Team should be built around Hanley, Marshal and Graham (if we can keep him).

Roll on next season.

Well done to the few who attended.

Onward and upward.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly Venkys get blamed if someone has a bad throw in. There's more than enough reasons to berate them. 4th home game in a row without a win (and having just been behind briefly after being in front) isn't acceptable with this squad.

Maybe I'm wrong but you seemed almost annoyed by the equaliser.

you didnt even go so dont have a go at preston blue

Which highlights your allegiances City boy

felllanni get in !! have it vinjay.

The usual garbage we've become accustomed to under Lambert. I thought Graham was very good with zero support and Mahoney did well and was very unlucky to be subbed.

Generally however we looked once again like a team who dont particularly want to be there managed by someone who keeps hinting he wont be here next year.

Well done to those that turned up.

I was frustrated again today and for the first time Lambert was one of the causes. Once again a lacklustre performance with too many players disinterested again. I said a few seconds before they equalised that you could sense it coming. If I can Lambert and his staff should be able to.

Some real questions I would love to know the answers to are:

Why play a centre half at left back when we have a young kid who deserves the chance? Kilgallon is out of contract so why persist with him?

Why was Mahoney subbed? That was the game changer for me. Conway was his (of recently) ineffective self. I guess Mahoney was taken off because he is young to protect him - Rashford anyone.

Why persist with Steele? His distribution is worse than Jake Keans and his non domination of the goal area is frightening.

Why play Gomez who clearly is going through the motions? Another case for a young player to play for me.

Just another day of frustration to endure for whoever was there. Two weeks today can't come soon enough.

God I hate those Indian shysters.

Somebody made a good point on Radio Rovers. If the players have switched off for the Summer, should fans be asked to pay to watch?

Danny Graham got man of the match today - despite continuing the frustrating Premier League diva act of walking back from offside positions every time, taking us momentarily down to 10 men and making Mahoney's life more difficult.

Personally I'd have given it to Hope Akpan. This wasn't an end of season dead rubber game for him. Lenihan made a difference when he came on as well.

Still no wins (in 7 this season) with Lowe in the side too. :(

Roll on Summer. Not for any hope of rebuilding but for the respite.

• Moderation Lead

Stuart, that just highlights your vendetta against Lowe wouldn't you say? Good job Lowe assisted the 2nd goal isn't it really? Saved another loss....(not been today to be fair, but according to Livescore that was the case)

I was frustrated again today and for the first time Lambert was one of the causes. Once again a lacklustre performance with too many players disinterested again. I said a few seconds before they equalised that you could sense it coming. If I can Lambert and his staff should be able to.

Some real questions I would love to know the answers to are:

Why play a centre half at left back when we have a young kid who deserves the chance? Kilgallon is out of contract so why persist with him?

Why was Mahoney subbed? That was the game changer for me. Conway was his (of recently) ineffective self. I guess Mahoney was taken off because he is young to protect him - Rashford anyone.

Why persist with Steele? His distribution is worse than Jake Keans and his non domination of the goal area is frightening.

Why play Gomez who clearly is going through the motions? Another case for a young player to play for me.

Just another day of frustration to endure for whoever was there. Two weeks today can't come soon enough.

God I hate those Indian shysters.

Spot on arbitro.

I'm not a fan of the Venkies but it's getting on my wick people blaming them for everything.

He is only human. There is no one above him to help out.

Can't help feeling you're contacdicting yourself here....

First three years they interfered too much and rightly got slagged, now they are ridiculously quiet and get slagged. I sometimes feel of it rains it's their fault. For all the damage the have done they are only partly responsible for the recent performances and they have no control over the stupid, stupid mistakes made by the players this season.

I hate the Venkys, but the 'go to' comment most adhere to is lazy. Irrespective of what goes on during the rest of the week when the whistle blows on Saturday it's simply eleven versus eleven and a few tactics...

I see where you are coming from Tallrover and the lack of application by the players is appalling, however the issue for me is to look at root cause and as such all roads lead to our absent (when did they last attend a game) owners.

The V's are the root and cause of all our evils. They need to be gone, the fans will pick up the pieces.

Stuart, that just highlights your vendetta against Lowe wouldn't you say? Good job Lowe assisted the 2nd goal isn't it really? Saved another loss....(not been today to be fair, but according to Livescore that was the case)

Lol. I stuck that in there to see who would bite. Congrats.

Vendetta. Ha. Of course I don't begrudge him his Porsche. He's earned it.

• Moderation Lead

Lol. I stuck that in there to see who would bite. Congrats.

Vendetta. Ha. Of course I don't begrudge him his Porsche. He's earned it.

I've just walked 24 miles and am on my second pint in a pub with wi-if so perhaps my spidey sense isn't all there yet....

First three years they interfered too much and rightly got slagged, now they are ridiculously quiet and get slagged. I sometimes feel of it rains it's their fault. For all the damage the have done they are only partly responsible for the recent performances and they have no control over the stupid, stupid mistakes made by the players this season.

I hate the Venkys, but the 'go to' comment most adhere to is lazy. Irrespective of what goes on during the rest of the week when the whistle blows on Saturday it's simply eleven versus eleven and a few tactics...

Venkys are 100% responsible for where this club currently finds itself - which I suspect will be fourth worst Championship club this season. Players have come and gone - in fact bloody shed loads of them. They are the constant. They are the ignorant, the arrogant, the invisible.

Lazy 'go to'? Are you looking for people to be more creative? Maybe it's the groundsman's fault? Or the kit man? Ticket office staff? Nah, it's all them.

I've just walked 24 miles and am on my second pint in a pub with wi-if so perhaps my spidey sense isn't all there yet....

Good on ya mate. Hope it's going well...

Well that's another game down until this damn awful season is put to bed.

Hanley comes out with some credit, Lowe didn't do much wrong and Graham took his goals well other than that it was pretty turgid stuff. I said to my dad just how bad things must have got for the fans that in the first 15 minutes there were two bouts of applause, Graham closing down their defence and Marshall playing a cross field ball to Mahoney out of play, thing really were that bad!!

I've never seen the ball given away more than in that crazy 10 minute period when we tried our best to throw the game away, it was absolutely atrocious play!!

Two major frustrations for me were Steele's distribution the throw to their player was like when you used to accidentally press the wrong button playing computer games and also the way we constently played the ball behind Killgallon when he looked so uncomfortable on the ball it was actually hard to watch him stumble around with it as his feet.

I've got to put it out there that I feel Lambert and his team have MASSIVELY underperformed since there arrival, this squad is not as bad as what the performances are showing. He moans that the players don't know where they stand at the end of the season it's his job to keep their minds on the game and see out the season as professional players should. All our players are extremely well paid and will find other clubs if they aren't renewed here they want to be like the Morecambe player on Radio Lancs tonight who was saying most of their squad don't know if they will be professional players next year.

Rovers played 4-3-3 and we passed it at times very well. Is this going to be the way we will play from now on?

I felt that Taking Mahoney off was wrong. We losted our shape and formation for the mad 10 mins.

For the mad 10 mins I didnt understand what shape or formation we were playing. Look like Conway was up front and us playing a diamond formation. But why?

We need to sign Danny Graham permanent. He is such a class act. Would be my 1st choice signing for the position and role.

Another hugely disappointing performance from players who seem to have switched off and are already on their summer break. Couldn't understand the team selection or the substitutions today. Lambert has been going on all week about our promising youngsters but doesn't play them apart from Mahoney. Could Jack Doyle do a worse job than Kilgallon? I felt sorry for Kilgallon as he is clearly struggling at left back and looks what he is, a centre-half being asked to play in a position that doesn't work for him. Graham was the one saving grace this afternoon and again underlined why we should sign him in the summer but, alas, I suspect that Venkys will miss the boat with that one. I thought the substitutions didn't help and couldn't understand why Conway seemed to be playing in the centre of midfield at one point. Indeed, I couldn't understand taking Mahoney off as I felt he was the only other bright spot apart from Graham. I really do fear for us next season no matter who the manager is as we need a major rebuilding job in the summer and I doubt the cash will be available. Only two more games to endure thank goodness.

Another hugely disappointing performance from players who seem to have switched off and are already on their summer break. Couldn't understand the team selection or the substitutions today. Lambert has been going on all week about our promising youngsters but doesn't play them apart from Mahoney. Could Jack Doyle do a worse job than Kilgallon? I felt sorry for Kilgallon as he is clearly struggling at left back and looks what he is, a centre-half being asked to play in a position that doesn't work for him. Graham was the one saving grace this afternoon and again underlined why we should sign him in the summer but, alas, I suspect that Venkys will miss the boat with that one. I thought the substitutions didn't help and couldn't understand why Conway seemed to be playing in the centre of midfield at one point. Indeed, I couldn't understand taking Mahoney off as I felt he was the only other bright spot apart from Graham. I really do fear for us next season no matter who the manager is as we need a major rebuilding job in the summer and I doubt the cash will be available. Only two more games to endure thank goodness.

Parson.....that sums the game and tactics up.

I agree 100%

Depressing times.....I keep going by thinking about the good years and some of the wonderful World class players that have graced Ewood Park whether they are our, or opposition, players.

Killgallon looked like he'd never played football before today, he really was terrible. Midfield was non-existent, some don't like him, but we missed Bennetts energy today.

I Completely agree but you cant hold it against the player. If you shove a bog standard centre half with few other attributes at left back what can you expect.

Archived