BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Blackpool Manager

Think he might do alright there, expectations are low and 20 odd draws a season would be an improvement, who knows he might have developed a bit of a ruthless streak whilst out of work.

Good luck to him anyway, but expect he will be looking for a new job next summer through no fault of his own

Genuinely wish all the best to Bowyer. I think he is the guy that can perform when expectations are rock bottom or when nothing is at stake. If he finishes anywhere remotely close to the playoff's he would be considered a resounding success for a club like Blackpool, if not, the owners can always be blamed. Put him under any sort of pressure and he buckles. Lower league should suit him just fine. He is used to getting in decent'ish freebies and loanies which is probably why Blackpool hired him.

Good luck to Gary at Blackpool - he'll need it. Can't help thinking Blackpool have got a better manager than we have if we appoint Coyle.

Snap. I'd take GB a hundred times over this guy

If he was going to get another managerial gig then it was always going to be something like this. Best of luck to him he deserves his crack at it. If he actually got a bit of backing there I think he'll surprise a few.

Good luck to him. He is a football man (albeit limited as a manager) and no doubt will work hard. However working for creeps like the Oystons I can't help thinking it will end badly for him.

Never liked Gary Bowyer as a manager, but he seems like a decent bloke, which is why I am disappointed he's chosen to work for that scumbag Oyston. Says a lot that he's having to take a job there. Low expectations at least.

It's rumoured Jones was nailed on first choice but wanted too much money, almost twice as much as was on the table - you don't mess with Karl Oyston.

Friend of mine is a strong Blackpool fan and he is distinctly underwhelmed by the appointment.

Guess we will find out what Bowyer is really made of - think it will be on a hugely reduced pay packet though.

Archived