SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer's Linkedin Profile

Amo

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Batman. said:

Needles to say The Monotone Mourinho pulled off yet another tactical masterstroke and steamrolled through another easy afternoon's work. From what I've heard it was one of the most one sided 2-1er's you'll ever see. The commentators were apparently waxing lyrical about the amount of systems he has up his sleeve. It won't surprise anyone to hear he was wearing a long sleeved shirt...

He looked dashing too. I remember now why I'm a Bowyerette.

Just now, Tom said:

You did want him sacked though didn't you?

Yes at time because we were bring in promotion winner manager and it appears we were going to spend big to achieve promotion. 

Would I have sacked Bowyer if I knew what last season would have been like and Lambert walking away last summer 19 months ago? No. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes at time because we were bring in promotion winner manager and it appears we were going to spend big to achieve promotion. . 

You didn't know Lambert was to be appointed though, you were just happy that Bowyer was going..

Watched both play off semi's and the final and credit to him Blackpool gave it a right good go in all the games, mind you he did not have to adapt the style of play to fit son in law material in the team :) .

Happy for Bowyer though , dreading him doing the double over us next season.

Wonder if the fly tipper and the rapist will back him next season on and off the pitch 

Yes at time because we were bring in promotion winner manager and it appears we were going to spend big to achieve promotion. 

Would I have sacked Bowyer if I knew what last season would have been like and Lambert walking away last summer 19 months ago? No. 

Are you saying you knew Bowyer was being sacked and Lambert was coming in, with promises of spending big? You'd have made a killing at the bookies, Lambert's appointment took the rest of us totally by surprise. You won't lose any face admitting that you wanted him sacked because he was doing a crap job, most of us wanted a change too. He was taking us down that season and, really, needed replacing a good 12 months earlier.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He looked dashing too. I remember now why I'm a Bowyerette.

Saw it on twitter (or something) that a Rolex has never looked so out of time as when compared to his "to the second" haircut.

He'll be leapfrogging us into the Championship (and beyond) before you can say "Right Good Go..."

Just now, Mattyblue said:

You didn't know Lambert was to be appointed though, you were just happy that Bowyer was going..

Alan Nixon had reported a couple of weeks before that Venkys wanted to bring in a manager with promotion on cv. 4 managers were named as Pearson, Jokanovic, Lambert and Holloway. 

To bring in a manager like that it was going to required some money funding and players coming in. 

Just now, Reidy You're a Star said:

Are you saying you knew Bowyer was being sacked and Lambert was coming in, with promises of spending big? You'd have made a killing at the bookies, Lambert's appointment took the rest of us totally by surprise. You won't lose any face admitting that you wanted him sacked because he was doing a crap job, most of us wanted a change too. He was taking us down that season and, really, needed replacing a good 12 months earlier.

When Bowyer was sacked, Lambert was odds on favourite for the job outright. Something like 4/9 

I was annoyed by Bowyer last game against Brentford as we were too defensive for me. 

I dont believe he was taking us down. Werent we 16th or 17th when he was sacked?

Alan Nixon had reported a couple of weeks before that Venkys wanted to bring in a manager with promotion on cv. 4 managers were named as Pearson, Jokanovic, Lambert and Holloway. 

To bring in a manager like that it was going to required some money funding and players coming in. 

Do you believe they told Lambert there was going to be money and players coming in? And what happened?

See where I'm going with this.

Hasnt Lambert already confirmed what he was promised. 

And it was all a load of bull.

Which is precisely why nobody believes a word Mowbray is coming out with about his meeting with Venkys. We've heard it all before.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Well done to GB. Far better manager than the he's given credit for on here . Did a good job at Rovers, and a great job so far at the 'Pool.

Down with the non-believers.

The new ( wicked) stepmother let the adolescent learn to drive the Mercedes on his own. After a couple of scratches, a broken clutch and few near misses, she lost her temper and threw him out of the house.

By the time he got behind the wheel of the neighbours' old banger, he knew how to drive.

• Backroom

My point earlier was a lot of people now fawn over him and look back misty eyed but at that point even Chaddy had swung to the opinion it was time to get rid, a massive percentage of fans thought it was time.

Glad he's developing into a solid manager not so glad he may pass us on the way. Always thought he was a very good coach but maybe a bit too nice and he never ever could change a game for the better, too reactionary with subs etc. I was long advocating bringing some football brains in with him but the structure doesn't always work.

We aren't where we are because we sacked him, 2 of the 3 we've had since for me are better managers, the one in the middle is a sham and is what dragged us further down.

Then again it's been pointed out this week that I was saying appointing Coyle would be an ideal scenario (7 years ago) so what do I know.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Refreshing to see 2 teams full of players whose names the commentators could pronounce.

Exeter, whom I wanted to win, stuck too much to their half-paced Arsenal impression. They should have played more long ball into the Blackpool box as they won most aerial challenges up front and created good chances.

Credit to Bowyer for somehow cobbling together a competitive side who really showed up on the day. Great endeavour and not a little skill highlighted for me by Potts and Cullen.

It is good to see that Gary gained some benefit from his time at the "Ewood Park Academy for Wannabe and Very Cheap Managers".

Upset for the 'Pool fans that their owners get to trouser the winnings but they do get the priviledge of facing the mighty Rovers next season. There's 2 games with bore draw written all over them.

Come on Reading!!!!!!

I thought Bowyer was out of his depth at Rovers and it showed many times. Team selection, tactics and substitutions were regularly wrong and I believe costing us points. However I have a healthy respect for what he has achieved at Blackpool in the face of adversity.

In all three play off matches I thought Blackpool played well and without knowing too many players it appears he has put a decent side together for that level. As with every promotion the next season will always be a big challenge and I look forward to seeing how he does. So well done to Gary and good to see Andy Todd back in the game. I would imagine when he talks the players listen.

8 hours ago, Tom said:

My point earlier was a lot of people now fawn over him and look back misty eyed but at that point even Chaddy had swung to the opinion it was time to get rid, a massive percentage of fans thought it was time.

Glad he's developing into a solid manager not so glad he may pass us on the way. Always thought he was a very good coach but maybe a bit too nice and he never ever could change a game for the better, too reactionary with subs etc. I was long advocating bringing some football brains in with him but the structure doesn't always work.

We aren't where we are because we sacked him, 2 of the 3 we've had since for me are better managers, the one in the middle is a sham and is what dragged us further down.

Then again it's been pointed out this week that I was saying appointing Coyle would be an ideal scenario (7 years ago) so what do I know.

At that time Coyle stocks were high as he had got Burnley up on very little money. Time proved it to be a one-off fluke! So there's your excuse!

As for Bowyer, as I've said many times, he assembled a decent team without spending much but couldn't do anything with it. All other attributes of a manager were missing!

Raises the question of whether the credit should have gone to the "spotters" like his dad!

Thing is with Bowyers appointment, he was another inexperienced coach, when because of the mounting debt/loss of parachute payments/ continuing downward trajectory of the club many fans thought we needed someone with a track record in the championship. The argument went along the lines of "not going down the experienced route would see the club tumble even further." 

Well unfortunately the appointment didn't work. The appointment only saw that the clubs fortunes didn't turn around and we continued on the decline. The right appointment at that time would have given us a far better chance of reversing the trend. Now the task is so much more difficult. We're so much further from the PL - which is the only place that this club would have any chance of recovery.

youve also got to realise that to get into the playoffs, you only need to be in the top quarter of the league - and with the squad he inherited, plus all the players he was allowed to bring in, - why couldn't he do that in a very poor league?

Archived