BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Luton were promoted in second place last year and are looking nailed on to be promoted as champions of L1.

Don’t they know about the consolidation rule and how you need to build slowly and be grateful of 21st place?

• Like 3

Some figures on Brentford's finances analysed by Price of Football

Lost £350,000 a week (£18.5 million year) but player sales reduced that to £4.4 million.

Paid out £135 in wages for every £100 of income.

£12.3 million loaned by owner last year.

Total owner loans of £76 million and shares issued of £38 million.

So not too dissimilar to our finances, propped up by an owner and player sales. Interesting how there's no hysteric news stories about them being £80 million in debt etc.

No chance of their owner getting his £80 million back unless they get promoted - he'll have to walk away from most of that if he decides to leave - just like Venkys would have to do here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Luton were promoted in second place last year and are looking nailed on to be promoted as champions of L1.

Don’t they know about the consolidation rule and how you need to build slowly and be grateful of 21st place?

Playing in Non-League football the year we signed Corry Evans. It's hard to say who has developed further in that time tbh.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Husky said:

Is anyone looking forward to a trip down to Luton next season (as is looking very likely)?

It must have been a while since we played them in the league. As I recall they were always in a division above us and when Speedo Speedie finally helped to send us up to the new and amazing Premier League Luton were relegated into the obscurity of the 2nd tier.

If you'd have said we would be playing a 2019 league game against Luton a couple of years back I would have been worried that it would be in the 4th tier.

I am, never been to Kenilworth road and it's the last year they play there before moving to there new stadium. Bring um on

• Backroom

A statement from Ken Anderson: https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/a-note-from-the-chairman/

Obviously, the players’ decision to go on strike is very disappointing and once again, I would reiterate that in my three years at the club, the staff have only been paid late once and yesterday was only the second time.

Likewise, the players have also only been paid late three times. The reality is that they have always been paid.

We are not the only club to have paid players late and there are many precedents of this happening.

I love how he says this like paying employees late is really no big deal and he can't understand what all the fuss is about :lol:

Indeed, I was told yesterday that at least at one club, the players were buying their own food and doing their own laundry for many weeks, but to the best of my knowledge, none of the players at those clubs went on strike and let’s remember, yesterday was only April 1st, so it is not as if it is weeks late, is it?

However, I accept that two wrongs don’t make a right and everyone should be paid on time.

Do you Ken? It doesn't sound like it.

I am not quite sure what the players think striking will achieve.

I'd guess trying to shine a spotlight on you not paying them as agreed in their contracts.

In the meantime, I will continue to do my upmost to try and find a solvent solution, as l have done over the last few months when l have funded the staff and players’ salary payments to the tune of over £1.5 million

Nice one. It's almost like you are the owner of the club and therefore responsible for these things. 

What a strange bloke.

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, DE. said:

He's just absolutely shameless. I can't stand Bolton, but what an odd approach to take.

'Yeah, I haven't paid them on time a few times like I agreed to, but so have other people'.

Unreal. 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47787062

I'm sure this happened a few weeks back and nothing happened but potential that Boltons next 2 home games are in doubt.

Surely the EFL has a responsibility to act when a club repeatedly puts fixtures at risk with this type of behaviour? It's not fair to the teams affected or the fans, some of whom will have already made travel arrangements. It's absolutely disgraceful that this pantomime is allowed to continue.

Just now, K-Hod said:

He's just absolutely shameless. I can't stand Bolton, but what an odd approach to take.

'Yeah, I haven't paid them on time a few times like I agreed to, but so have other people'.

Unreal. 

The indignant tone throughout his "letter" is astonishing. Not to mention the outright attack on the players. It's like he's deliberately trolling at this point.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47789258

More FFP fun, this time at Derby who sold their stadium to their owner for £80 million to deliver a significant profit for the year.

For every £100 of income they spend £137.

Someone there with a brain and imagination as to how to get around FFP rules.

Nothing stopping Venkys selling Ewood or Brockhall to themselves and 'leasing' it back at a nominal rate and raising tens of millions in the process.

But they won't.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47787062

I'm sure this happened a few weeks back and nothing happened but potential that Boltons next 2 home games are in doubt.

According to Bolton news matches will be played behind closed doors. On flip side for Waggott might increase away following on Easter monday

Looks like this with Bolton's stadium being closed is irreversible and it is the next two games, V Ipswich and Boro. they are also in court again tomorrow, facing a winding up order and their potential buyer has pulled out, again. It is looking pretty serious for them.

Just now, lraC said:

Looks like this with Bolton's stadium being closed is irreversible and it is the next two games, V Ipswich and Boro. they are also in court again tomorrow, facing a winding up order and their potential buyer has pulled out, again. It is looking pretty serious for them.

Sounds like there's Bassini and another still in the running to take over, but clearly dealing with Anderson and their debts isn't straightforward.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds tomorrow as 2 weeks ago the Judge granted an adjournment on the basis a buyer was in place and had promised to take over and clear their debts and the 2 weeks was to allow that to happen. It won't look good if they turn up at Court saying the same as they did 2 weeks ago.

At the same time a Judge will treat them differently to most companies given the history and community importance at stake. But it can't carry on forever, when all is said and done the tax man is owed more than a million quid here. I couldn't get away with not paying tax, so why should a football club with multi-million revenues and a millionaire owner?

• Like 3

It will be interesting if Bolton cannot fulfil their remaining fixtures. I think their record would be expunged by the EFL which would distort the league and surely affect the integrity of the competition. Meanwhile the EFL issue a pretty generic statement but no word from Shaun Harvey (who is leaving at the end of the season). 

I can't help thinking that there will be others who face massive financial woes in the coming seasons.

Feels like there is some serious last ditch brinkmanship going on here.

Any new owners would surely get a better deal from a receiver / administrator / liquidator but their current owner looks to be heading down the route of “I’ll kill it before I let that happen - buy from me or else”.

What I don’t get it why the league are so keen to prevent them from having a points deduction. Birmingham overspent but kept paying people, Bolton are playing Russian roulette with the livelihoods of their staff and players and nothing is being done.

It would be a huge shame for Bolton to lose their league share and have to start again as a Newco but that may be what is necessary to stop folk like this guy getting involved. Wimbledon managed it, Luton look like they are about to take their place. It might be the long way back but at least they can get their club back. Of all the clubs, Charlton, Coventry, Blackpool and us, I didn’t expect it to be Bolton who looked most likely to go. A cautionary tale of what Eddie Davis did - a guy who loved the club - and similarities with what Venkys are doing in terms of accruing unrepayable debt.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Any new owners would surely get a better deal from a receiver / administrator / liquidator but their current owner looks to be heading down the route of “I’ll kill it before I let that happen - buy from me or else”.

What I don’t get it why the league are so keen to prevent them from having a points deduction. Birmingham overspent but kept paying people, Bolton are playing Russian roulette with the livelihoods of their staff and players and nothing is being done.

It would be a huge shame for Bolton to lose their league share and have to start again as a Newco but that may be what is necessary to stop folk like this guy getting involved. Wimbledon managed it, Luton look like they are about to take their place. It might be the long way back but at least they can get their club back. Of all the clubs, Charlton, Coventry, Blackpool and us, I didn’t expect it to be Bolton who looked most likely to go. A cautionary tale of what Eddie Davis did - a guy who loved the club - and similarities with what Venkys are doing in terms of accruing unrepayable debt.

Nothing will happen another adjournment ,followed by another until the season is finished ..

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Our time will come, Stuart. That, I have no doubts.

Frank Lampards Derby County report a 14.6 million pre tax profit after selling Pride Park (valued at 41 million) to the FLDC owner for 80 million, and then leasing it back from one of his companies

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47789258

Uttara Foods and Feeds Stadium anybody?

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1