BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Just now, Don Said said:

Not rated at all by them.

Looked okayish in league one but nowhere near good enough in this league. 'A more attacking Jason Lowe' I was told!

Saw a clip recently of Jason playing for the England under-20's and near to Danny Rose!

Unimaginable to think of those two in the same side.

Some push on and some go backwards.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Saw a clip recently of Jason playing for the England under-20's and near to Danny Rose!

Unimaginable to think of those two in the same side.

Some push on and some go backwards.

Just like Ben Brereton will end up playing Champions League and Tammy Abraham will end up on the Bolton bench!!..

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's silly. Liverpool signed Shaqiri after Stoke went down and there are many, many more examples of similar. 

No it’s not, Shaqiri is a damn site better than anything the piggies have got. Try again with a better example. 

43 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

No it’s not, Shaqiri is a damn site better than anything the piggies have got. Try again with a better example. 

Bit of an odd one this. You don’t think there’s examples of players from relegated championship teams being worth picking up?

Just off the very top of my head from the last couple of years - Darragh Lenihan, Danny Graham, Nick Powell, Aiden MacGeady, Josh Maja, Ashley Fletcher, Brad Potts, Jack Rodwell (!)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

You said that they got relegated, so must not have good players. I just pointed out that's not always the case with relegated teams. 

Although I did look through their squad there after and I think in this instance, they may not have any players worth signing 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said that they got relegated, so must not have good players. I just pointed out that's not always the case with relegated teams. 

Although I did look through their squad there after and I think in this instance, they may not have any players worth signing 

Thank you

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Stoke also had Choupo-Moting who's now at PSG.

There are always decent players to be had from relegated teams.

On 27/03/2019 at 20:50, Exiled in Toronto said:

Hmmm tbh I agree with them. It does look dated, I don’t know why the print is yellow, there’s way too much green and no reference whatsoever to our most unique attribute: halved strip. It’d be interesting to see all the badge designs through the ages to see where it went wrong. All IMO.

Blimey, all over the shop

https://ewoodpark.jimdo.com/blackburn-rovers-glorious-legacy-winning-identity-badge-history/

Have to disagree EiT.  I love it. Though I do like the Swansea one.  Wednesdays?  Yuk.

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Some crazy results in the championship. We are lucky we got those 3 points last night or things could be getting very tense 

Scores, they ain't results yet.

A bit to go.

Was just looking at table, if hull come back to win,  Wigan cud go into bottom 3 on goal difference. 

....... and Hull score as I finish post.

• Like 2

A funny old night in the Championship. At one stage Wigan, Reading and Rotherham all winning and Millwall/QPR picking up a point. Eventually it didn't end up so bad for us. Wigan are on thin ice and apparently have Norwich and Leeds coming up in their next couple of games so a win from somewhere for Rotherham and things could get very interesting. 

Reading managed to salvage a point at Norwich, it seems they're going to scramble out of it.

I'd guess it will be one of Rotherham, Millwall or Wigan to join Bolton and Ipswich. QPR probably will be ok. Rotherham have it all to do with their remaining fixtures being tough and their away form poor. 

37 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Exactly what went on here when our benefactor died.  Notlob are at the beginning of the shyte in my view.

Not really. When our “benefactor” (wow, that’s cold) died, we had promotion and a major cup win followed by a decade in the top flight.

Surely you mean, when Jack’s children sold the club to the idiots?

Bolton are football’s worst pass-the-parcel prize and after some years of shite already it’s about to get worse. What’s happening there isn’t right. I feel for their fans.

It’s Wigan that can rot as far as I’m concerned. They were delighted when they relegated us. A pop-up plastic club if ever there was one. A non-league club with a shrink wrap stadium.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

Not really. When our “benefactor” (wow, that’s cold) died, we had promotion and a major cup win followed by a decade in the top flight.

Bolton are football’s worst pass-the-parcel prize and after some years of shite already it’s about to get worse. What’s happening there isn’t right. I feel for their fans.

It’s Wigan that can rot as far as I’m concerned. They were delighted when they relegated us. A pop-up plastic club if ever there was one. A non-league club with a shrink wrap stadium.

I would never feel for Bolton fans

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, Stuart said:

I feel nowt for their fans after stuff like this.

• Like 1