BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scottish Football

• Moderation Lead

Right, so before this escalates any further (as it always inevitably does when you bring up Celtic and Rangers), please can we leave it there for now?

33 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Of the two I lean towards Celtic but both sets of supporters are as bad as each other. Ask anyone who policed the Rovers v Celtic game in 2002. 
Edit. Gav beat me to it 

Ha! Glasgow is Blue!!

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's always that or the butcher's apron with them. They never change, one of the last times they played in England after the Uefa Cup final they went on the rampage and left a trail of violence and destruction in their wake.

Ask a Burnley fan about the horrific scenes at Turf Moor..1978 Anglo Scottish Cup.

No moral high ground.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

On 15/05/2021 at 17:09, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Great to see Rangers back as Scotland's No1....always have been and always will be.

Indeed Both Rangers and Celtic can call on support worldwide that probably only Man Utd or Liverpool could match.

Their only support comes from Ireland Australia etc. Most of the English big 6 have support from every area of the world 

On 15/05/2021 at 14:20, McClarky said:

Whatever your views on Celtic and Rangers it is clear that they are huge clubs.  When people say they would struggle to get into the EPL it makes me laugh.  Clearly they would at the moment because they earn about 1% of what English clubs earn from TV.  Even most Championship clubs earn far more than they do unless they get into the Champions League proper.  If they were on a level playing field they would be amongst the top 5 or 6 clubs in the UK in terms of income and following and there's no reason to think they wouldn't be successful.  Each club have a massive support both at home and overseas and in this respect they dwarf City, Chelsea, Spurs or any other of the EPL teams about from maybe 3 or 4.  

Not going to happen though I don't think.

Bull. They will never get the support that the big English teams get. City United Chelsea arsenal Liverpool.  

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Give over...dont be daft!!!🤣

Rangers could probably fill Ibrox twice over.

I remember travelling up to Scotland one Saturday morning. We lost count of the Rangers coaches going up to Glasgow on the motorway. Most of them seemed to be from Merseyside.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Of the two I lean towards Celtic but both sets of supporters are as bad as each other. Ask anyone who policed the Rovers v Celtic game in 2002. 
Edit. Gav beat me to it 

worst fans ive ever seen with the dingles

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roverandout said:

Their only support comes from Ireland Australia etc. Most of the English big 6 have support from every area of the world 

Sorry but you’re miles out here. I think Rangers once held the record for most supporters clubs in the world (maybe still do hold it). And who are the ‘English big 6’ exactly? 

• Like 2

Right now Celtic and Rangers don’t have the Asian/African etc support that the likes of Tottenham, Chelsea, City have, and that’s because of one thing - PL dominance and how that often also translates into a CL knockouts presence.

If those two clubs had joined the PL a decade ago with the TV money that would entail, they’d be right up there, and in all likelihood would have had an invite to the Super League. It’s the minuscule financial heft of Scottish football that holds them back, not because they are a historically smaller club than bloody Chelsea and Tottenham!

Edited by Mattyblue

12 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Sure are Bigdoggsteel...55 times says so.

.😁

Wrong. It says Rangers have the won the Scottish Championship 55 times to Celtic’s 51.

Winning the European Cup, when it was a knock out competition and not fixed for the big boys like at present, trumps that by a country mile. And then some.

• Like 3

Years ago I heard that there was a regular coach that took Rangers or Celtic supporters (can't remember which) to Glasgow for home games from----wait for it---Bloody Torquay!!!

Isn't that incredible?Set off Friday night, home Sunday morning!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A pal of mine who was a bit of a floating football fan was at that game, he never went on’t Turf again.

Went with my Dad. On the Beehole End a bloke in front of us went through a full bottle of whisky before kick-off and then laid down on the terrace and slept through most of the game. Also there were young kids (looked 12/13) running around with no parents visible!! Was a midweek game if I remember. Absolute carnage when they chased the Burnley fans out of the Longside and onto the pitch. 

Gerrard has done a cracking job there, not just to get them back on top but to win the league by such a large amount and break the 100-point barrier. Their record in Europe this season is also impressive.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, oneandycrawford said:

Went with my Dad. On the Beehole End a bloke in front of us went through a full bottle of whisky before kick-off and then laid down on the terrace and slept through most of the game. Also there were young kids (looked 12/13) running around with no parents visible!! Was a midweek game if I remember. Absolute carnage when they chased the Burnley fans out of the Longside and onto the pitch. 

My mate reckoned the Celtic fans broke the iron railings up and were throwing them like javelins ! I don’t know if that’s true or not.