BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

"He played less than 36 hours ago and he spent at least 12 hours in the air," said Mowbray. "We've had to rent him private accommodation and put him in private cars with security.

"It's a big operation and yet we decided that's what we were going to do. That will continue for the next 10 days.

Security?!? He's not the fucking US President, what the hell does he need security to travel to London for a game for? Anyway, can he not drive?

I hope TM misspoke and means covid related security measures.

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I don't know what kind of life you and Rigger lead, that you know these private jet makes and can even recognise one from a pic of the interior, but fair play.

Best part of 60 years a plane spotting geek

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Well it will make a change from O’Higgins everything Lord Baltimore!

No doubt.  On his mother's side, because Andrea's grandfather [Ben's great grandfather] founded a ceramic's factory in the south-central town of Penco, there are several streets in that town named after some of Ben's maternal relatives.

Here's another pic  of Ben Brereton street with the guy who did it.  He lives on Benjamín street and following the Paraguay game he asked himself "why the fuck not add Brereton to my street name?", so he did.  He works in advertising which is why he was able to nail down the font on "Brereton" so well.

hinchas-calle-ben-brereton.png

Edited by LordBaltimore
  • Like 7

43 minutes ago, LordBaltimore said:

No doubt.  On his mother's side, because Andrea's grandfather [Ben's great grandfather] founded a ceramic's factory in the south-central town of Penco, there are several streets in that town named after some of Ben's maternal relatives.

Here's another pic  of Ben Brereton street with the guy who did it.  He lives on Benjamín street and following the Paraguay game he asked himself "why the fuck not add Brereton to my street name?", so he did.  He works in advertising which is why he was able to nail down the font on "Brereton" so well.

Is the the ceramics background a reason why Ben’s mum has ended up living in Stoke, the UK’s pottery capital?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, LordBaltimore said:

Cool but is he not gonna get done for vandalism?

8 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Is the the ceramics background a reason why Ben’s mum has ended up living in Stoke, the UK’s pottery capital?

Yes.  I have a longer article i found in August that i have not posted on here that gets into more details regarding his family, plates, and the UK connection.  When the Chile dust settles i'll translate it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Picture posted by Lord Baltimore suggests may have been a Cessna citation.

Chilean news from Friday night actually provided quite a bit of detail on the flight to get the players to Europe and the plane itself.

"Flight of Joy"

20211017_141417.thumb.jpg.77b6eb0b0665899b465007f48c8e37d9.jpg

The plane is a Bombardier Global 5000.  13 passengers, top speed of 950km/hr. 

"The private jet that took the stars of La Roja to Europe"

20211017_141604.thumb.jpg.1c6523f58dc09ac38065ba48e8beba61.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PotterLog said:

Christ I didn’t realise he came on for you lot yesterday. That’s pretty bloody impressive having played 90 mins in Chile at 3am Friday UK time. I’ve done that trip innumerable times and I would not be in condition to play a football match within a few hours of arriving…!

Just as an FYI, Chilean news does cover & provide hghlights of Blackburn games now independent of what Big Ben is doing.

But Chilean news was also impressed with Ben's energy.

Inexhaustable Ben

20211017_140711.thumb.jpg.df84b12a934cd391bc698cb874a9ccce.jpg

Ben Brereton's frenetic hours

20211017_140850.thumb.jpg.93c922c6fccc7de52c34069a567acab5.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, LordBaltimore said:

Just as an FYI, Chilean news does cover & provide hghlights of Blackburn games now independent of what Big Ben is doing.

But Chilean news was also impressed with Ben's energy.

Inexhaustable Ben

20211017_140711.thumb.jpg.df84b12a934cd391bc698cb874a9ccce.jpg

Ben Brereton's frenetic hours

20211017_140850.thumb.jpg.93c922c6fccc7de52c34069a567acab5.jpg

Imagine how crazy it would have been if he was onside and scored from that header towards the end of the game, the perfect ending to the 24 hours fairy tale

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, LordBaltimore said:

Yes.  I have a longer article i found in August that i have not posted on here that gets into more details regarding his family, plates, and the UK connection.  When the Chile dust settles i'll translate it.

Is his mum 100% Chilean then? When the initial reports about him came out, I got the impression she was just born there or something, but now its sounding like she is entirely Chilean and emigrated.

If so, it's a bit weird IMO that he didn't speak an iota of Spanish.

31 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Is his mum 100% Chilean then? When the initial reports about him came out, I got the impression she was just born there or something, but now its sounding like she is entirely Chilean and emigrated.

I think she was about sixteen when her family moved to UK. But yes, she wants a bloody roasting for not speaking Spanish to her kids as they were growing up. I’d be pretty pissed off with her for that if I was Ben.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

His mom, Andrea, moved to the UK when she was 15.  However, her father was sent to the UK, yes to Stoke-on-Trent, to study ceramics.  He was there for 4 years before returning to Chile.  In an interview, Andrea says of her father "after studying in England for 4 years and meeting my mother Jeanne, he returned to Chile." This implies to me that Andrea Díaz de Brereton [as she would be known in the Hispanic world] is actually half English, biologically.  She doesnt say that but her mom's name is Jeanne so it's implied.  No one's referred to Big Ben as only being a quarter chilean so i dont know.

brereton-mama.jpg.2bfbce035431178b50e471709e2b6f72.jpg

Andrea and her siblings were all born and raised in Chile.  She herself then went to study in the UK when she was 15 with the full intention of returning to Chile.

1623811452_806974_1623811773_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg.1dd768a748ba18fb1aac69a6eb7ad9c4.jpg

But life took her in a different direction.  She fell in love with the virile Mr Martin Brereton, got knocked up twice, and stayed.  Her parents [Ben's grandparents] and some of her siblings all live in England.

Image-from-iOS-4-e1627755736171.jpg.a79a37a93d49efe95f5d6234d549f927.jpg

Andrea is a total milf, if i may say so.

Edited by LordBaltimore
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, LordBaltimore said:

His mom, Andrea, moved to the UK when she was 15.  However, her father was sent to the UK, yes to Stoke-on-Trent, to study ceramics.  He was there for 4 years before returning to Chile.  In an interview, Andrea states her father returned to Chile from England after meeting her mother Jeanne.  This implies to me that Andrea Díaz de Brereton [as she would be known in the Hispanic world] is actually half English, biologically.  She doesnt say that but her mom's name is Jeanne so it's implied.  No one's referred to Big Ben as only being a quarter chilean so i dont know.

brereton-mama.jpg.2bfbce035431178b50e471709e2b6f72.jpg

Andrea and her siblings were all born and raised in Chile.  She herself then went to study in the UK when she was 15 with the full intention of returning to Chile.

1623811452_806974_1623811773_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg.1dd768a748ba18fb1aac69a6eb7ad9c4.jpg

But life took her in a different direction.  She fell in love with the virile Mr Brereton, got knocked up twice, and stayed.  Her parents [Ben's grandparents] and some of her siblings all live in England.

Image-from-iOS-4-e1627755736171.jpg.a79a37a93d49efe95f5d6234d549f927.jpg

Andrea is a total milf, if i may say so.

Cheers, the picture is clearer now. Yeh they will want to play up the Chilean angle, so they wouldn't call her half Chilean. Plus, she just is Chilean if she was born there and has Chilean nationality. Nearly all Chileans will be the descendants of immigrants anyway if you go back a while.

And yeh, I would.

I find myself wondering if the little brother in the picture is any good at kicking a ball around...

• Like 1

Here's a song to sing in the shower, dedicated to Ben.  Came out earlier this week, penned by some comedian i've never heard of.

I Love You Shushetumare (I love you, motherfucker)

Lyrics:

Ben Brereton, Ben Brereton, Ben Brereton

Es nuestro salvador. (Is our savior.)

I love you shushetumare.  I love you shushetumare.  

[Repeat]

Vocab:

Salvador= Savior

Chucha=cunt.  "lower class" chilean pronounciation turns the "Ch" into a "Sh".  chucha becomes shusha.

Shushetumare = Chucha de tu madre [literally "your mother's cunt".  Used like "motherfucker" in American English.  (Do Brits use "motherfucker" like Americans, ie Samuel L Jackson?).

Edited by LordBaltimore
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, LordBaltimore said:

Here's a song to sing in the shower, dedicated to Ben.  Came out earlier this week, penned by some comedian i've never heard of.

I Love You Shushetumare (I love you, motherfucker)

Lyrics:

Ben Brereton, Ben Brereton, Ben Brereton

Es nuestro salvador. (Is our savior.)

I love you shushetumare.  I love you shushetumare.  

[Repeat]

Vocab:

Salvador= Savior

Chucha=cunt.  "lowe class" chilean pronounciation turns the "Ch" in to a "Sh".  chucha becomes shusha.

Shushetumare = Chucha de tu madre [literally "your mother's cunt".  Used like "motherfucker" in American English.  (Do Brits use "motherfucker" like Americans, ie Samuel L Jackson?).

Keep sharing this stuff. It's actually incredible 🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, how would you spend the £85,000 in a better way? 

Assuming that the 85k was spent over and above what it would have cost to fly Brereton back anyway, and was spent purely so he could play some part in Saturday's game...

I'd say in hindsight, that was a terrible waste of money. He sat on for the bench for 70 minutes, and when he did come on made no material impact on the game whatsoever. 85k straight down the pan.

So how could we spend the money better? How about....

- putting the money towards offering soon-to-be-out-of-contract players a better deal

- or putting the money towards the January transfer fund so we can buy/loan a better standard of player

- or spending on remedial work for general upkeep of our scruffy looking stadium

- or showing some initiative, offering more reduced priced games, and putting the money towards offsetting any potential loss of income through that

- or employing sufficient staff to man the turnstiles

- or employing sufficient staff so the refreshment bars are actually open

- or paying back those supporters who are still owed ticket money from the previous season to last

- or offering free tickets/travel to regular away supporters 

- or best of all, putting the money towards Mowbray's redundancy compensation package.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Assuming that the 85k was spent over and above what it would have cost to fly Brereton back anyway, and was spent purely so he could play some part in Saturday's game...

I'd say in hindsight, that was a terrible waste of money. He sat on for the bench for 70 minutes, and when he did come on made no material impact on the game whatsoever. 85k straight down the pan.

So how could we spend the money better? How about....

- putting the money towards offering soon-to-be-out-of-contract players a better deal

- or putting the money towards the January transfer fund so we can buy/loan a better standard of player

- or spending on remedial work for general upkeep of our scruffy looking stadium

- or showing some initiative, offering more reduced priced games, and putting the money towards offsetting any potential loss of income through that

- or employing sufficient staff to man the turnstiles

- or employing sufficient staff so the refreshment bars are actually open

- or paying back those supporters who are still owed ticket money from the previous season to last

- or offering free tickets/travel to regular away supporters 

- or best of all, putting the money towards Mowbray's redundancy compensation package.

He almost scored and the earlier back the better. 

As for your points, 

Put it towards offering players a better deal? Its about a month wages for them, possibly less. 

£85,000 isn't going to go very far with regards signing anybody. We won't miss out on a deal because of £85,000 

Ya, fair enough could go towards the stadium upkeep, but they larger projects they just need to approve. 

He's our main player and if he scored and we won I would say it was £85,000 well spent. He almost did and it's easy to criticize in hindsight. 

All speculation with the cost anyway. 

• Like 3