BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

for people who keep saying we didn't an attacker in January we actually signed 2 players for those roles in Hedges from Aberdeen and 500k signing from Spurs in Markanday. Sadly Markanday got injured on his debut otherwise he would have been an good option for us. I look forward to seeing him next season in Rovers shirt 

How many goals have those players scored between them? 33, which are all from Hedges over 10 years of playing professionally. Only 3 scored in the Championship (in 23 games). Maybe an unfair assessment of Markandays attributes as he's a young lad and it's unknown whether he would have contributed in the goals dept. However, he was injured and assessed with plenty of time left in the transfer window to know we needed someone to contribute goals. The fact is without Brereton's goals we are going to struggle, and there's been a fair amount of warning.

• Like 1

Alarm bells continue to go off in Chile as the image of BBD on crutches & a boot are causing panic.  Ben has been deemed "irreplaceable" on the Chilean squad.  The country's slim chances of qualifying look even bleaker if BBD will be out until April or beyond, as he will miss conmebol's last 2 qualifying games next month.

"Brereton reappears with crutches and an orthopedic boot"

20220220_063338.thumb.jpg.46e6ec004e61300811f75c52bab7c076.jpg

20220220_063345.thumb.jpg.cea7e6572c6c521ea651ab24e397f9eb.jpg

Edited by LordBaltimore

10 minutes ago, LordBaltimore said:

Alarm bells continue to go off in Chile as the image of BBD on crutches & a boot are causing panic.  Ben has been deemed "irreplaceable" on the Chilean squad.  The country's slim chances of qualifying look even bleaker if BBD will be out until April or beyond, as he will miss conmebol's last 2 qualifying games next month.

"Brereton reappears with crutches and an orthopedic boot"

20220220_063338.thumb.jpg.46e6ec004e61300811f75c52bab7c076.jpg

20220220_063345.thumb.jpg.cea7e6572c6c521ea651ab24e397f9eb.jpg

More bothered that he’s missing games for us to be honest fella 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its just guess who I think would take them. 

But we don't have natural penalty taker in the 11. maybe Rothwell or Khadra might be a penalty taker. 

How do you know we don’t have a natural penalty taker? None of us do really. But Buckley would be the last person I would have put forward mate to be honest. 

3 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

It's a bad thing when nobody in the squad stands out to take over the pens with BBD out,maybe someone can standout in training.

How could anyone else in the squad ‘stand out’ to take pens when Arma and Ben have taken all of them for the past 2+ seasons. Seems a strange thing to be negative about. I’m sure most of them are perfectly capable of taking a decent penalty. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I don't remember seeing most of our current squad ever take penalties in their career 

Most of them are relatively young lads mate and as I just posted in reply to someone else, Arma and Ben have taken all of our pens for 2+ seasons now.