BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

22 hours ago, Silas said:

Ah, good stuff then, nice to see.

I've jumped the gun on half a statement. 

Such a shame this squad is kind of breaking up. Does seem there's been a good atmosphere in the team. 

Pity the recruitment at the top has hampered that spirit amounting to anything tangible. 

It can often take you places. 

I'm delighted this squad is splitting up - lots of average (at best) Championship players with zero killer instinct.

The fact they seem to enjoy each other's company is irrelevant to me, I want to see my team entertain me and win football matches.

• Like 7

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm delighted this squad is splitting up - lots of average (at best) Championship players with zero killer instinct.

The fact they seem to enjoy each other's company is irrelevant to me, I want to see my team entertain me and win football matches.

Couldn't agree more. Two seasons a row they've let us down in a really horrible way. We need a reshuffle and some winners drafted in to introduce a very different mentality to the players that remain. No matter how well we start next season, no matter how long we're in the top six, I can't trust this group of players anymore. 

• Like 7

Problem is, ideally we would get some experience to compliment the best of what we have. As it is, we will lose our experienced and best keeper, our top scorer (scored double the 2nd top scorer) and then our most experienced defender and our most experienced attacking midfielder. And due to budgetary reasons, I suspect those coming in will not be experienced or leaders.

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Problem is, ideally we would get some experience to compliment the best of what we have. As it is, we will lose our experienced and best keeper, our top scorer (scored double the 2nd top scorer) and then our most experienced defender and our most experienced attacking midfielder. And due to budgetary reasons, I suspect those coming in will not be experienced or leaders.

Well there's a difference between dismantling the squad and retooling the squad. 

If we just let Ayala, Brereton, Dack and Kaminski walk and replace them with Academy players then we're getting relegated. Until proven otherwise I'm going to believe we're going to use those freed up wages / any funds recouped through transfers to build the squad in JDT's image. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Well there's a difference between dismantling the squad and retooling the squad. 

If we just let Ayala, Brereton, Dack and Kaminski walk and replace them with Academy players then we're getting relegated. Until proven otherwise I'm going to believe we're going to use those freed up wages / any funds recouped through transfers to build the squad in JDT's image

A cynic writes, "Well, don't hold your breath, @Exiled_Rover ."

It'd be nice if that happened, but this is the cynical world of Swag & Co.

• Backroom
On 13/05/2023 at 19:19, Exiled_Rover said:

Tell me that come Xmas if we're fighting relegation with a team that don't get on and support each other. 

Tin hat on, but maybe we'd never have got near the Top 6 these last two seasons without the comradery. What if 10th-16th was our level, and the extra team spirit lifted our position. Take that away and where we heading?

Players that get on tend to perform better surely. Don't the sports scientists subscribe to that view. (Everyone then quotes Cole and Yorke hating each other, but that's an interesting story because it's not the norm.)

Maybe I'm grasping at straws but the feel good atmosphere amongst the squad has seemed like a real positive recently. That's all I meant. Would be sad to lose it. 

P.S. Can't argue with your average players lacking instinct comment. We definitely need fresh blood and a winners mentality incorporated. 

On 14/05/2023 at 00:04, Mike E said:

I meant the Duff one 😅

😂😂

I thought I'd lost track of the conversation somewhere along the way. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roverandout said:

Proof if u are a footballer, hot women will be on u like flies on sugar 

Proof that MONEY or greed is so dominate in our society, that people will sink to any low to get it....

Love is the only reason I would ever be with another, the rest is irrelevant.

• Like 1